trump goes after the NFL?

kimber

I don't see black africans coming to the United States building statues or waving flags celebrating their past of doing so?

Look, if somebody is so ill equipped to live in this world that they are offended by a statue, they might consider slitting their wrists. They will go all the way to the Washington mall with this BS, if allowed. Not going to happen. Left is proving what the right has been saying about them being snowflakes and they haven't stopped to realize it yet.

This whole thing is stupid. Acting like a bunch of 9th grade girls and it shows.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Look, if somebody is so ill equipped to live in this world that they are offended by a statue, they might consider slitting their wrists. They will go all the way to the Washington mall with this BS, if allowed. Not going to happen. Left is proving what the right has been saying about them being snowflakes and they haven't stopped to realize it yet.

This whole thing is stupid. Acting like a bunch of 9th grade girls and it shows.

If it's just a silly statue why all the concern if it's gone? I mean no real reason to celebrate traitors to the Union is there?

If it's just a silly statue why all the concern if it's gone? I mean no real reason to celebrate traitors to the Union is there?

Because there is an evil agenda behind it.

Remember this little gem? How ironic, Cops pictured as a pig that libs so proudly displayed on public property? They fought tooth and nail to defend their right to have such a display (no matter how offensive or disgusting) yet now they are all offended by statutes....Ya know what else?..I'm am deeply offended by today's disgusting rap music glorifying gangstas and criminals, advocating rape of women, cop killing, drug use

anything illegal and anti-American......but that doesn't matter, only the liberal agenda matters. And these leftest nuts wonder why we hold them in such low regard...like maggots. BTW, again I ask..how many cops murdered poor unsuspecting and innocent black male choirboys today vs how many blacks murdered anyone? Media needs to start making up fake news again!

cops-as-pigs-painting.jpg

Does that mean you understand where a black person may not want to walk around the city they live in and see a statue celebrating a general who fought to keep their people enslaved?

I see I need to expound upon my comment.

If you are going to raise your MILITANT black power fist in my face, take off your cleats, put on your Doc Martens and GET OFF THE FIELD.

Remember this little gem? How ironic, Cops pictured as a pig that libs so proudly displayed on public property? They fought tooth and nail to defend their right to have such a display (no matter how offensive or disgusting) yet now they are all offended by statutes....Ya know what else?..I'm am deeply offended by today's disgusting rap music glorifying gangstas and criminals, advocating rape of women, cop killing, drug use

anything illegal and anti-American......but that doesn't matter, only the liberal agenda matters. And these leftest nuts wonder why we hold them in such low regard...like maggots. BTW, again I ask..how many cops murdered poor unsuspecting and innocent black male choirboys today vs how many blacks murdered anyone? Media needs to start making up fake news again!

cops-as-pigs-painting.jpg

Hm. Good Morning. Remind me, where was this picture hung?

http://goo.gl/images/HvLoNy

http://goo.gl/images/kJ7vFr

The disgusting and offensive piece of garbage was displayed in the US Capitol itself!

How many innocent blacks have been shot down by police lately vs blacks murdering other blacks, police officers and anyone who pisses them off?

http://ijr.com/2016/12/766256-painting-of-cops-as-pigs-hung-proudly-in-u-s-capitol/

A piece of art depicting police officers as pigs with guns terrorizing a black neighborhood is currently displayed proudly inside our nation's Capitol.

Screen-Shot-2016-12-29-at-11.46.50-AM.pn
Independent Journal Review

The untitled artwork, which supposedly symbolizes the unrest that followed the fatal shooting of Michael Brown in Ferguson, MO, was selected as part of the annual Congressional Art Competition. It currently hangs in a tunnel between the U.S. Capitol building and Longworth House Office Building.

Screen-Shot-2016-12-29-at-1.07.59-PM-1.p

Screen-Shot-2016-12-29-at-1.12.33-PM.png

The St. Louis American describes what’s seen in the painting:

Screen-Shot-2016-12-29-at-1.08.10-PM.png

His winning work is an acrylic painting featuring a downtown street scene with the Gateway Arch displayed in the background and three police officers with animal heads, two with guns in hand, and a large group of marchers moving toward the police.

[…]

The lead marcher carries a sign that says the word “history.” Pulphus’ painting includes several signs, one of which says “Racism Kills,” and another “Stop Killing.” On the right you can see a man being crucified wearing a graduation cap holding the scales of justice in his hands.

The painting is an interpretation of the months of unrest that took place in the region in response to the fatal shooting of unarmed teen Michael Brown Jr. by then-Ferguson Police Officer Darren Wilson on August 9, 2014.

The painting was selected on behalf of Rep. Lacy Clay (D-MO). While it's unclear whether Clay personally selected “Untitled #1” as the winner, he offered heavy praise for the controversial painting in a press release:

Screen-Shot-2016-12-29-at-11.49.36-AM.pn
Independent Journal Review

In his remarks to the overflow crowd of young artists, parents and teachers who gathered at Webster University’s new downtown St. Louis campus in the historic Arcade Building, Congressman Clay said, “Tonight, we are celebrating our sixteenth year of recognizing outstanding young artistic talent. As you can see from the artwork on display here, the level of talent is truly impressive. Your work is inspiring, and I encourage all of you to continue to develop your creative abilities.”

The artist, David Pulphus, was previously scheduled to travel to Washington, D.C. to unveil his painting, which “portrays a colorful landscape of symbolic characters representing social injustice, the tragic events in Ferguson, Missouri and the lingering elements of inequality in modern American society,” according to Rep. Clay's press release.

Clay also reportedly called the piece of art the “most creative expression that I’ve witnessed over the last 16 years” during remarks on the House floor.

GettyImages-174358279-1024x683.jpg
WASHINGTON, DC - JULY 24: Rep. William Lacy Clay (D-MO) © welcomes Tracy Martin, father of Trayvon Martin, and Georgetown University Professor Michael Dyson (L) before the first hearing of the Congressional Caucus on Black Men and Boys in the Rayburn House Office Building on Capitol Hill July 24, 2013 in Washington, DC. Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images

Multiple calls made to Clay's Washington, D.C., office on Thursday were unanswered.

Rep. Dave Reichert (R-WA), a former law enforcement officer, told Independent Journal Review in a statement that he was disappointed to see the painting in the hallway of our nation's Capitol:

A senior Republican congressional aide also blasted the artwork in a scathing statement provided to IJR:

“It is disheartening to see this depiction of law enforcement hanging in the hallway of our nation's Capitol where officers work everyday to protect our safety and freedoms. Unfortunately, many people of influence have taken part in promoting offensive and inaccurate caricatures of the very people who do the most to protect our families. While I understand in some neighborhoods trust between police and communities has all but deteriorated, we must work on rebuilding these relationships and focus on our shared goals of peace and civility.”

“That a sitting member of Congress thought it was a good idea to honor the depiction of police officers as pigs — in the U.S. Capitol of all places — is reprehensible. I feel incredibly sad that the officers working nearby have to see this on the wall. These officers protect this congressman, his staff, and his office every day, never knowing if it may be their last. Meanwhile, he's encouraging teenagers in his district to treat police officers as animals. It's disgusting, and he should be ashamed. This hate masquerading as art needs to be taken down now.”

The aide first noticed the painting after witnessing two officers huddled around it. They looked at it and then walked back to where they came from.

“It's just sad,” the aide told IJR.

The aide said that just about 25 yards away from the painting, Capitol Hill police officers are hard at work screening people through metal detectors. There, they stand ready to put themselves in harm's way to protect everyone inside the U.S. Capitol, including the Democratic lawmaker who honored the painting with a spot on the wall.

How many innocent blacks have been shot down by police lately vs blacks murdering other blacks, police officers and anyone who pisses them off?

And now this:

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/european/hertha-berlin-take-a-knee-protests-nfl-donald-trump-bundesliga-schalke-a8000706.html

Hertha Berlin take a knee ahead of their Bundesliga match against Schalke to ‘promote tolerance and responsibility’

The Bundesliga side took a knee in similar fashion to a number of NFL players

"Tolerance and responsibility"

How many blacks have been shot down by police lately vs blacks being murdered by blacks?! Black school drop outs? Blacks involved in gangs and drug activity? Black teen pregnancy? This is nothing more than a liberal agenda to destroy our country backed by an anti American muslim terrorist organization that is spreading worldwide. I'm sure those here will be ecstatic that other nations are joining in to help the destruction of America on a false pretense!

I wonder how many gang members in the NFL are taking a knee? How hypocritical...all of them and all who support them!!!

Even though I am cautious about wrapping oneself in the flag I'm turning off the NFL because what they are doing is promoting Black Lives Matter, a proven bad idea agenda. The New Orleans Saints even kneeled during the remembrance of a recently killed cop down there and HE WAS A BLACK COP. Screw those dumbasses. I'm out. I've been checking College games the last couple of Saturdays and they are fantastic. Much quicker pace and no drama.

My daughter and I ran to Walmart over the weekend as my mom needed to more totes to pack for her move to Florida.Outside of the entrance sat 2 military men. While I did stop long enough to thank them for their service I was sorry I couldn't stop to chat as my daughter (and nephew ) only came into town for the day to help but I couldn't help but think how great it was these two gentlemen were a visible presence in our community, looking like role models, as compared to the SLOBS in the NFL kneeling during the National Anthem...not looking like anyones role model at all.

And then Sunday, the networks declined to air the singing of the National Anthem(s) on purpose. I'M SPEECHLESS.

POST EDIT...and Roger Goodell said a whole lot of nothing on a Sunday pregame show.

post post edit... :) see what happens when BCV is off, I forgot what I was going to say! :lol: I'm not speechless! I seem to recall the existence of public airways is to serve the public. I wonder if the FCC or some other entity can fine the networks or something for that little stunt? I guess I need to do some reading but I'm kind of busy right now.

I just started reading. We had previously discussed the right to self determination. Each individual radio or tv station has the right to self determine how it can best serve its community of license.

I'm just going to keep adding to this post as I try to figure if there is any kind of violation but as an aside...I thought a few of you mentioned there was a contract with the Department of Defense to televise the National Anthem? I thought you had indicated the contract was with the NFL but wouldn't that contract also have to include the networks?

I see there was another terrorist attack in London yesterday.

Are you saying blacks are starting a race war? Blacks were in slavery less that 150 years ago? They didn't start this mess? The logical rebuttal might be that police violence is isolated and rare? What if your kid was killed by a stranger? Might you join a cause to stop this horror?

I see the president of the Jacksonville Jaguars, Mark Lamping, sent a letter of apology to the director of military affairs and veterans in Jacksonville.

"remiss in fully comprehending the effect of the NATIONAL ANTHEM DEMONSTRATION on foreign soil has had on the men and women who have or continue to serve our country."

The president of the Jags, not the owner or players. So what didn't they comprehend? (and this goes for the Ravens too whose stadium is within eyeshot of Fort McHenry) The owners and players did not realize they demonstrated during the Star Spangled Banner, a song written about the naval Battle at Fort McHenry against ENGLAND? And then they stood for God Save the Queen? Do both teams actually now comprehend how stupid they looked? OR

Were they trying to send a message to the terrorist community? " WE HATE OUR COUNTRY TOO PLEASE ATTACK US AND WE WILL KNEEL, AND CHEER!"

These people are so brainwashed I think the latter.

:angry: No ginger, you have it all wrong, that's not what they were DEMONSTRATING. :) It doesn't matter what their intentions were, it's WHAT they DEMONSTRATED. What they continue to demonstrate.

Were they trying to send a message to the terrorist community? " WE HATE OUR COUNTRY TOO PLEASE ATTACK US AND WE WILL KNEEL, AND CHEER!"

The message would be more like, "We are accomplishing the mission you trained us for...the destruction of white America is proceeding as planned!"

Just like gays supporting Muslims who would just as soon throw their ass off the top of a building. Stupid people, all of them!

^ I also saw the "talks" between owners and players resulted in nothing. I also saw Aaron Rodgers has a broken collarbone for the second time. I just really can't emphasize enough they should be focused on that Lombardi trophy.

http://youtu.be/szIk4h8RfTo

Oooh! :) I have a story! When I was little my Uncle Andy out in Merrick Long Island (you no doubt recall the Alice Cooper poster story...same family) lived across the street from the center for the Jets...I can't remember his name and neither can my mom-I just called her. But anyway, we were out there for the weekend and my brother, cousin and a few of his friends were playing in the street along with my dad and HUGE Uncle Andy of Nordic descent, playing QB's when the center came out with a few of the other Jets players.

To make a long story short, the professionals refused to play because they couldn't risk the injury, it was in their contract that they couldn't play, but they didn't mind "coaching a little" AND, my Uncle Andy ended up falling, and breaking his arm.

Keep your stories to yourself gin gin who cares about your uncle Andy

You missed the allegory... Isn't it in their contract they shouldn't be playing in the street? PLAY AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Furthermore, I see the players are mad that Colin Kaepernick wasn't invited to yesterdays talks at the Conrad Hotel in NYC. (although one of the Eagles players insists he was invited). It was reported they didn't talk about the National Anthem much. Mr Kaepernick is not a registered voter, in fact, I wonder how many players at the meeting are? But they are going to discuss standing for the National Anthem?

BG that was good story!

Thank you, BTW, nobody sued. I vaguely recall overhearing a conversation, something about the player paying or tried to pay the hospital bill. In either event it was my impression he was extremely gracious about the situation... :) I'm on my way next door, I'll have to see if mom remembers that.

In case you can't tell by my screen name, I'm in the insurance business. I had a nice conversation today with a prospective client. He said he was shopping for a new insurance company because his current company advertises during NFL games. He said that he was a veteran and long time customer of his current carrier. He also said the NFL BS was the tipping point for him in his decision to switch companies. We have a meeting scheduled to review his needs and see if I can offer a solution that would be suitable.

The bottom line is that the NFL and their sponsors are experiencing an adverse economic impact as a result of their anti-American position. Personally, my opinion is that the NFL can never recover from this. The brand is permanently tarnished, and I will never watch so much as a single down of another NFL game.

Archived