trump goes after the NFL?

kimber

Right to self determination-the process by which a person controls their own life.

I'll give you an example...in health care...an employee may self determine whether or not they are physically and or psychologically capable of caring for 1 person independently or an entire unit of people...or even 2 units during periods of short staffing. Choosing your own DNR status would be another example.

How that translates to the above matter? I can think of a few examples but it would be conjecture. I'd need more time to find documented examples.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right to self determination-the process by which a person controls their own life.

Are blacks saying they don't control their lives? Who does then?

It sounds to me like it's more of them wanting to be above the law, and not held responsible for their actions, or lack thereof.

Immediately pass state and federal legislation that requires the US to acknowledge the lasting impacts of slavery, and establish and execute plan to address these impacts.

What impacts are still being felt 150+ years after the fact? Was anyone complaining ever a slave? Blacks enslave more blacks today on the African continent than were ever enslaved here.

The things they blame on slavery are really caused by a difference in IQ between blacks and whites. They've been given equal opportunity, that wasn't good enough to achieve equal outcomes. Then it was preferential treatment; racial quotas in university admissions, quotas in hiring, pretty much every exemption imaginable has been granted, yet still no equal outcomes.

So now they demand even more special treatment and handouts. There will literally never be enough that society can do to appease them, because nothing we do can make up for the IQ gap. Their expectations are far from what the reality is.

Hannity is on talking about Roger Goodells statement that everyone has to stand. I'm with Hannity, TOO LATE! I don't want anyone to stand if they don't want to. If he wanted to use the employee handbook he should have done that right out of the gate. TOO LATE. Now it's not business or football.

I figured Trump would win this.

Roger Goodell tells NFL owners ‘everyone should stand for the national anthem’

In the letter, which Schefter shared on his Facebook page, Goodell wrote that the “current dispute over the National Anthem is threatening to erode the unifying power of our game, and is now dividing us, and our players, from many fans across the country.”

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/article178071036.html

I'm just catching up on that too...he stated he won't dignify a game where people won't stand.

Then say so clearly and don't go to the game knowing the result ahead of time, as opposed to wasting tens of thousands of taxpayer dollars to make a show.

More political bullshit.

Then say so clearly and don't go to the game knowing the result ahead of time, as opposed to wasting tens of thousands of taxpayer dollars to make a show.

More political bullshit.

:) Maybe the Hoosiers should pass legislation for the city of Indianapolis to seize the Colts franchise via eminent domain.

I figured Trump would win this.

Roger Goodell tells NFL owners ‘everyone should stand for the national anthem’

In the letter, which Schefter shared on his Facebook page, Goodell wrote that the “current dispute over the National Anthem is threatening to erode the unifying power of our game, and is now dividing us, and our players, from many fans across the country.”

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/article178071036.html

Except despite Trump taking credit for something (which he usually does) he didn't win. The NFL released a statement today, after Trumps remarks...

"Commentary this morning about the Commissioner's position on the anthem is not accurate," said the league. "As we said yesterday, there will be a discussion of these issues at the owners meeting next week. The NFL is doing the hard work of trying to move from protest to progress, working to bring people together....Players from around the league will be in New York next week to meet with owners to continue our work together."

NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy said that Wednesday's statement "isn't just about the President," and that it also referred to inaccurate news reports Tuesday about Goodell's letter.

There is only one question. Are players going to be unwilling to stand for the flag of the United States of America during the National Anthem according to the NFL policy and procedure manual until the 40 point plan is fully implemented? IT'S A YES OR NO QUESTION.

Except despite Trump taking credit for something (which he usually does) he didn't win. The NFL released a statement today, after Trumps remarks...

"Commentary this morning about the Commissioner's position on the anthem is not accurate," said the league. "As we said yesterday, there will be a discussion of these issues at the owners meeting next week. The NFL is doing the hard work of trying to move from protest to progress, working to bring people together....Players from around the league will be in New York next week to meet with owners to continue our work together."

NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy said that Wednesday's statement "isn't just about the President," and that it also referred to inaccurate news reports Tuesday about Goodell's letter.

Dude! Context of Goodell's letter is in the article and it matches the context of the letter posted in numerous places. They are just butt hurt making stupid statements to try and save face. Trump won and they hate it.

Edit. And when I say Trump that includes millions of Americans who agreed with him and stopped watching. The NFL ratings are taking a big dump and they panicked. Trump won.

Remember pre-2009 when the teams weren't even on the field for the National Anthem? What changed?? Oh yeah, the NFL's contract with the US Army, it's all about the almighty dollar.

Agreed.

Remember pre-2009 when the teams weren't even on the field for the National Anthem? What changed?? Oh yeah, the NFL's contract with the US Army, it's all about the almighty dollar.

What changed? Barrack Obama became the President of the United States. Two years ago the Super bowl halftime show was radical chic. That's just off the top of my head. For a better perspective of radical chic I suggest you read Radical Chic, That party at Lenny's by Tom Wolfe. It's online.

Being paid millions of dollars per year to play a game is now tantamount to slavery.

http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/10/10/espn-michael-wilbon-compares-jerry-jones-slave-owner-over-dallas-cowboys-anthem-protests

ESPN's "Pardon the Interruption" host Michael Wilbon compared Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones to a slave owner after Jones all but banned players from protesting during the national anthem.

Apparently they feel that their employer should have no say regarding their conduct while wearing his teams uniform.

What changed? Barrack Obama became the President of the United States. Two years ago the Super bowl halftime show was radical chic. That's just off the top of my head. For a better perspective of radical chic I suggest you read Radical Chic, That party at Lenny's by Tom Wolfe. It's online.

No, I literally said what changed. The NFL signed a big contract with the DoD and part of the contract was that teams would now be part of the national anthem ceremony and we'd see an increase in the patriotic stuff. That's exactly what happened. It literally has nothing to do with Obama.

Being paid millions of dollars per year to play a game is now tantamount to slavery.

http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/10/10/espn-michael-wilbon-compares-jerry-jones-slave-owner-over-dallas-cowboys-anthem-protests

Apparently they feel that their employer should have no say regarding their conduct while wearing his teams uniform.

I know right BUT get this. I listened to a lot of smart people on where this falls on the Constitutional scale. I jumped on the free speech bandwagon right off the bat because it makes the most sense, so I thought. Then I listened to good old Ron Paul and he says it is actually a property rights issue on the Constitutional scale. He argues that the team is the property of the team owner and therefore the team owner can over rule what the team thinks is their free speech because he maintains the right over his property. Very interesting. Jerry Jones is right. They know it.

I watched the Eagles Panthers game last night. I did not catch the National Anthem but I don't think they showed it, I was cleaning out the fridge, garbage night...

I did go looking and there is no footage of the Panthers, just a photo of Jenkins and McLeod raising their fists.I also understand the Panthers had a "Kneel in" outside of the stadium prior to. What I did see of the game was great.Go Eagles! I hope they get things back to normal soon and remember...YOU'RE PLAYING FOR THE LOMBARDI TROPHY. That's the only thing you should be thinking about on that field. :) And this guy...obviously a racist... :D

I checked the replay :D , you are correct binghamtonian. It appears no mandate will come from Goodell. What a cuck, looks like he will let the burden fall on the owners.

Edit. Add the Kansas City Star to the list of #fakenews "News"papers.

Roger Goodell isn't going to demand respectful behavior during the playing of the National Anthem? Let me help him out...I don't want to see a black power fist in my face on Monday, Thursday and especially ON SUNDAY. Is that difficult to comprehend? Do I need to expound upon that?

Roger Goodell isn't going to demand respectful behavior during the playing of the National Anthem? Let me help him out...I don't want to see a black power fist in my face on Monday, Thursday and especially ON SUNDAY. Is that difficult to comprehend? Do I need to expound upon that?

Does that mean you understand where a black person may not want to walk around the city they live in and see a statue celebrating a general who fought to keep their people enslaved?

Does that mean you understand where a black person may not want to walk around the city they live in and see a statue celebrating a general who fought to keep their people enslaved?

This whole slavery thing is a crock of bull. Black Africans sold black Africans as slaves back in the day. Maybe they should be angry at their own race for once. They would be a hell of a lot more accurate as to what got them in this mess to begin with.

This whole slavery thing is a crock of bull. Black Africans sold black Africans as slaves back in the day. Maybe they should be angry at their own race for once. They would be a hell of a lot more accurate as to what got them in this mess to begin with.

I don't see black africans coming to the United States building statues or waving flags celebrating their past of doing so?

Archived