Binghamton Brewing Co. the con artists and truth behind their closure

Avalanche

Binghamton Brewing Co. was a little brewery on Avenue C in Johnson City.  They closed their doors in August 2020. They informed their customers they would be back, looking forward to a "new beginning".  But it's their past and the history of their business that is very troubling, and the reason they will not be back.

After numerous government grants, which they never repaid, they are now being sued by their former landlord, facing tax liens, worker's comp, etc.  

The scumbag owners used the NY eviction moratorium to stop paying rent last spring.  They also stopped paying their utilities.  Because they can't be evicted, they are being sued for breach of contract, and a judgement against them. 

What about the government grants?  Will the taxpayers ever see a dime of that money back?  Don't bet on it.

Remember after the Subway moved out of the Binghamton Airport, Binghamton Brewing eventually moved in:  https://www.binghamtonhomepage.com/news/binghamton-brewing-co-opens-bar-at-greater-binghamton-airport/

What happened there?  Did the county ever collect the rent?  Were they kicked out?  We saw a big press conference from the county, when Binghamton Brewing moved into the Airport, but their exit from the Airport was kept very quiet.

No reputable lending institution would ever finance a business looking to open a satellite location at the Binghamton Airport. So of course they would be the recipient of government grants and low interest loans.  Makes perfect sense...

And for what it's worth, the owners, I've seen their act.  Not at all surprised they failed miserably and screwed their creditors. 

Who could forget when Debbie Preston said that Binghamton Brewing and their premade sandwiches were going to save the Airport.  Because...you know... people were going to fly in from all over the country to have a premade turkey wrap at the Binghamton Airport. 

“This is going to, I feel, turn it around,” Broome County Executive Debbie Preston said. “We want more people to fly out of Broome. I think this is just one more way it’s going to bring people in ... I think that Kristen and Jason are the right fit, and I think that what they’re going to bring to the airport is just that missing piece to the puzzle.”

beer at airport.png