LEA WEBB KILL YOURSELF LEGISLATION

ginger

What was that I heard from Solak on WNBF today? Our POS senator Lee Webbs first priority for her district is assisted suicide?

Great way to start off your career! 

I've been on BCV for years, warning you people about how DNR and MOLST orders are manipulated and misinterpreted by the healthcare regime. 

Healthcare professionals and ancillary staff are going to have to step on this and tell their employers they refuse to participate.

In the meantime, Democrats,  YOU GO FIRST. 

I fully expect nursing homes to take a stand on this immediately. You should be telling people you are a NO KILL organization.

You don't exist to kill people, you exist to help them live their best lives.

We do better for stray pets for crying out loud.

I watched a hospital kill my dad with "comfort care" two years ago. They incapacitated him with morphine and withheld food and water until he expired, a full WEEK AND A HALF later. Several times, he awoke from the morphine-induced stupor and either asked for water or got out of the bed to try and get it himself. By the fourth or fifth day, his tongue was black due to lack of moisture.

We've all had dreams where we either had to pee, or were thirsty, only to wake up and realize those were actual needs that were influencing our dreams. I can only imagine the hellish dreams he must have been suffering through, with the level of thirst he must have had.

They may call it "comfort care," but it was anything but comfort, or comfortable.

Just a little bit more morphine, or a bag of nitrogen gas over his head, and he could have died quickly, painlessly, and peacefully.

Anyone reading this can draw the easy conclusion: we already have assisted suicide, but it is a painful and drawn-out process. We can do better.

I agree, Ginger, we do better for pets. One of my old dogs got to that point, I took her to the vet, and 15 minutes later she was gone. Minimal pain and suffering. We need that for humans.

18 hours ago, ginger said:

I fully expect nursing homes to take a stand on this immediately. You should be telling people you are a NO KILL organization.

You don't exist to kill people, you exist to help them live their best lives.

We do better for stray pets for crying out loud.

In many cases life in a nursing home is not living your best life.

Ginger, I understand your concerns.  But let me tell you a story from another perspective:

I recently lost a dear friend due to pancreatic cancer.  She knew from the start it was a losing battle.  She lived here in the southern tier.

She and her husband moved to a state that allows assisted suicide.  She wrote a beautiful blog about it and how she was choosing to end her life on her own terms, rather than have her husband watch her deteriorate and having to deal with all that.  They got what she needed and they had a beautiful last week together.  Her death and subsequent burial wishes were handled in the most respectful and dignified fashion I've ever seen.

I realize this isn't always the case.  But I had to share this.  I still cry when I think of her and I can only hope some day I could go the same way if I have a terminal illness.

5 hours ago, Responsible_Adult_Female said:

Ginger, I understand your concerns.  But let me tell you a story from another perspective:

I recently lost a dear friend due to pancreatic cancer.  She knew from the start it was a losing battle.  She lived here in the southern tier.

She and her husband moved to a state that allows assisted suicide.  She wrote a beautiful blog about it and how she was choosing to end her life on her own terms, rather than have her husband watch her deteriorate and having to deal with all that.  They got what she needed and they had a beautiful last week together.  Her death and subsequent burial wishes were handled in the most respectful and dignified fashion I've ever seen.

I realize this isn't always the case.  But I had to share this.  I still cry when I think of her and I can only hope some day I could go the same way if I have a terminal illness.

Raf, this is not a road NY should go down.  People will be manipulated and coerced to the nth degree. Look how they are now? They threaten nursing home patients with expulsion if they refuse to sign off on a DNR. I've seen it and have had terrified residents talk to me about this. Staff have no one to appeal to. It's very difficult to advocate. These people need lawyers.

7 hours ago, Bill said:

In many cases life in a nursing home is not living your best life.

Perhaps not however I think all residents of NYS should have the peace of mind that those in power aren't in a position to off them. It should never be a question.

^^^btw, did you read the legislation? If the patient can not make the decision the family or physician can have you murdered? 

You really want to go down this road? There are already enough unscrupulous relatives of nursing home residents. Christ, look at what they allowed during covid? You want these people making decisions?

Oh the stories I could tell you between unscrupulous staff, relatives and residents begging me for help. 

I'm so glad my mother is in Florida. I never have to worry about my brother and I being on the same page.

One more thing. I'm a home owner, have been for over 30 years. It's my property tax dollars and yours that help to support these nursing homes, especially Willow Point....and Vestal Nursing home...what did we give them, around 11 million to rebuild after the flood? Or was it more? 

Lea Webb? Has she ever been a home owner or a business owner?  I don't see where she gets a say in this. She's never been the CUSTODIAN of anything or anyone. Obviously her standards are severely lacking. 

Broome County legislature better get on top of this PDQ. You need to send the message to Albany BROOME COUNTY IS A NO KILL ZONE.

On 1/20/2023 at 1:42 PM, ginger said:

Perhaps not however I think all residents of NYS should have the peace of mind that those in power aren't in a position to off them. It should never be a question.

Rosa Callaca when, in the midst of a funeral procession, mourners carrying her coffin heard a strange knocking sound from inside the coffin. Callaca interrupted her own funeral. They immediately opened it.

It was Callaca, who was actually alive and found to be gasping for air. She opened her eyes and was peering at them, the caretaker of the cemetery said.

https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/trends/dead-woman-knocks-on-coffin-during-her-own-funeral-rushed-to-hospital-8452001.html

Ginger have a story to tell you it involves our precious Lea!!! Back in the city council days when Lea won a seat on council only because of Citizen Actions involvement to get her elected did she win as this election as well. She claimed she lived in the district (Yeager St ) when in fact she didn’t I did a follow up and found the apt. She claimed she lived at was empty not only was it empty the electric meter for that apt. Had a red tag on it I checked with NYSEG it wasn’t in her name ever! She is a lier and never to be trusted. Just as recently as Thursday the complaints are coming to me about the Shit Show going on at the State Office Building. Who she has brought along with her to head up her office! (Citizen Action People) OMG are we In trouble. Lea will hardly ever be at her meetings which is the same thing she pulled on City Council. This show’s not over yet watch how she will be doing Citizen Actions bidding. What a mess!!!!

I know it Garo because she was my councilperson. She beat Pat Russo. What a shame. When I moved here the Northside was happy and vibrant. Mayor Libous lived a block from me. They had a nice yard...beautiful rose covered arbor. It was a family oriented neighborhood.

A hospice facility in Iowa has been fined $10,000 after it mistakenly presumed a woman dead hours before she was discovered gasping for air inside a body bag at a funeral home, officials said.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/woman-presumed-dead-was-found-gasping-air-body-bag-iowa-funeral-home-rcna68936

Thousands of practicing nurses in the U.S. could potentially be working with bogus academic credentials after federal officials uncovered an alleged scheme at three South Florida nursing schools. The Department of Justice said Wednesday that the schools, now closed, allegedly issued more than 7,600 fake and unearned nursing diplomas. 

The alleged scheme include Siena College, Palm Beach School of Nursing and Sacred Heart International Institute. 

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/fake-nursing-diplomas-issued-florida-alleged-wire-fraud-scheme-justice-department/