Sneaky the vengeful: Korchak tries to hand off sweetheart 2024 county contract to firm who ran his campaigns

Joe Friday

The losing DA Mike Korchak is trying to arrange a sweetheart deal for the firm who ran his 2019 and 2023 campaigns for DA.  The contract would fund a DA's office website for the first 5 months of 2024 (when Korchak won't be in office.) And it come at a $14,000 increase for a total of $18,500. That's $3,700 a month to run a website. Luckily the Board of Acquisition and Contract saw this for what it was, a political hit job by Korchak on his way out the door, this item was held over at today's board meeting.

Let's see what other unethical schemes Korchak tries to pull on his way out. 

IMG_5186.jpg

I'll tell you exactly what's going on here, Korchak didn't win and he still owes John Hussar money for the failed campaign, and doesn't want to pay from his pocket, so he's trying to pass his bill on to the county. $3,7000 a month to run a website is asinine.  I asked a friend who does websites what something like this should cost, he said even $500 a month is high. 

Remember these two are the ones who illegally spent county money on "public service announcements", which were actually campaign ads featuring Korchak. They will do anything to better their own situations at the expense of the county. 

Grey Goose Graphics aka Investigative Logistics should not be able to do business with both the Korchak campaign and the DA's office, it's an obvious conflict of interest.  The request for even more money is outrageous, and shows that the relationship is too cozy.  I also question the quality of work of this company.  Does anyone remember Korchak's campaign TV ads?  They were absolutely awful, the quality looked like a product of the 1990's.  I don't think this company puts out a good enough product to deserve county contracts.  Their work for Korchak over the last year was embarrassing. 

He didn't lose because of his spelling.  Everyone knows lawyers can't spell. 

I didn't vote for him because he said to me "I've got you dead to rights " and made me pay almost $300 because I mistakenly made a u turn on the Vestal Parkway at the wrong intersection. 

I didn't have that kind of money back then. It really screwed up my budget. 

It's the difference between making an honest mistake and deliberately flouting the law. Zero discernment, money grubbing so and so.

On 8/10/2023 at 7:41 AM, Legs Diamond said:

I'll tell you exactly what's going on here, Korchak didn't win and he still owes John Hussar money for the failed campaign, and doesn't want to pay from his pocket, so he's trying to pass his bill on to the county. $3,7000 a month to run a website is asinine.  I asked a friend who does websites what something like this should cost, he said even $500 a month is high. 

Remember these two are the ones who illegally spent county money on "public service announcements", which were actually campaign ads featuring Korchak. They will do anything to better their own situations at the expense of the county. 

Exactly!  Nadine has been throwing a hissy fit since the election.  Because they lost she refuses to pay the campaign bills, so Mike is trying to have the county cover his campaign bills. They should be ashamed of themselves. 

Korchak's scam is back on the meeting agenda for next week.  This is a sole source contract. A sole source contract is contract that can be issued without a competitive bidding process. This happens in situations where only a single business can fulfill the requirements of a contract. 

Korchak is saying that his campaign firm is the only web company capable of running the website.  This is a downright lie, and slap in the face to the dozens of web development companies in Broome County.  

IMG_5295.jpg

• 2 weeks later...