56 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the job performance of Tipsy Joe Mihalko & the Broome DMV

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

21 hours ago, 2pelo Honey said:

The biggest problem with the Bing DMV is it’s location.

Is he responsible for that?

This seems like yet another smear campaign.

When Barb Fiala was county clerk she opened a DMV on Clinton Street, because of her family's ties to the First Ward.  It was actually a great move.

I'm not involved in the Democratic Party anymore, and I know Mihalko is going to face a tough campaign, if he runs again.  There is a lot of interest on the Democratic side, and he will probably face a Republican primary.  For him to campaign on improved DMV service is a losing battle, even if he feels that way, people won't buy it. 

I am really shocked to hear anything negative about the DMV, when I compare it to before Joe Mihalko took over.  I probably only average two or three times a month there compared to two or three times a week not long ago. The staff for the most part is knowledgeable , the faces are familiar as opposed to what seemed like before ongoing training to new people that would not be there the next time I would go back. I am more than likely called by name and a friendly greeting when it is my turn to do my business.  So to the complainers , try being nice , you may be the problem yourself , not the DMV or Mr. Mihalko.

7 hours ago, wedgehead said:

I am really shocked to hear anything negative about the DMV, when I compare it to before Joe Mihalko took over.  I probably only average two or three times a month there compared to two or three times a week not long ago. The staff for the most part is knowledgeable , the faces are familiar as opposed to what seemed like before ongoing training to new people that would not be there the next time I would go back. I am more than likely called by name and a friendly greeting when it is my turn to do my business.  So to the complainers , try being nice , you may be the problem yourself , not the DMV or Mr. Mihalko.

Yes, that must be it.  The reason for the problems at the DMV are because of the customers. 😂 I thought Joe was a seasoned manager, with 20 years of private sector experience?  The DMV is run worse than a McDonalds.

7 hours ago, wedgehead said:

McDonald's are run quite efficiently IMO. If I seen something wrong at the DMV , I would make it a point of telling someone who could fix it. What exactly was it you didn't like ?

The employees are rude and they hate their jobs.  They aren't trained and they waste people's time by giving them the wrong information and the wrong documents.  People who go to the Broome DMV say they have never been treated so poorly in their lives, sometimes being yelled at the belittled by DMV staff.  Others have described the Broome DMV as the worst experience of their lives.  Employees at the Tioga County DMV tell stories about how bad the Broome DMV is, as they hear it all the time from Broome residents who go to the Tioga DMV. 

I use the Endicott facility for the most part was in Binghamton in October at least twice and haven't experienced any of what you're whining about. I have personally seen Joe there making sure customers are happy. He came over one time and introduced himself and a couple weeks later called me by name. I am sorry you had a bad experience. You sound like a generally sour individual with a chip on your shoulder.

6 hours ago, wedgehead said:
I use the Endicott facility for the most part was in Binghamton in October at least twice and haven't experienced any of what you're whining about. I have personally seen Joe there making sure customers are happy. He came over one time and introduced himself and a couple weeks later called me by name. I am sorry you had a bad experience. You sound like a generally sour individual with a chip on your shoulder.

These are actually concerns of many of customers, from reviews and complaints over the last couple years. 

19 hours ago, wedgehead said:

I know myself it is a 1000 times better as of late. Hands down better. I will definitely vote for Joe Mihalko for that reason , I remember how bad it was. 

I remember how bad it was... 2 months ago!  It's no better now than before.  I actually think it's worse than it was several years ago.  Anyone who says they have done a better job running the DMV is either clueless or a liar.  I didn't know the DMV was the job of the county clerk until reading this thread, but based on the DMV, I voted for a "D" in this poll.  

Last time I was at the DMV it was great. The clerks were tying balloon animals, they had a magician, and there were pony rides. They even had free popcorn.  I spoke with someone there and they said they were going to build an indoor roller coaster there. Can anyone confirm if the roller coaster has been built yet?

1 hour ago, The West Sider said:

Last time I was at the DMV it was great. The clerks were tying balloon animals, they had a magician, and there were pony rides. They even had free popcorn.  I spoke with someone there and they said they were going to build an indoor roller coaster there. Can anyone confirm if the roller coaster has been built yet?

Was that the DMV office at Mondev?  Or the one in the Convention Center attached to The Arena?

13 hours ago, The West Sider said:

Thanks it was a great time, though Masty Huba said the popcorn was cold.

22 hours ago, ndirish said:

Was that the DMV office at Mondev?  Or the one in the Convention Center attached to The Arena?

The one by the bus terminal.

Rumor has it as an added attraction they’ll: 1) have Broome County’s strongest man there for autographs and 2) they are making it a historic landmark as Ginny Weedon’s best make out spot in Broome County. 

16 hours ago, The West Sider said:

The one by the bus terminal.

Rumor has it as an added attraction they’ll: 1) have Broome County’s strongest man there for autographs and 2) they are making it a historic landmark as Ginny Weedon’s best make out spot in Broome County. 

I think maybe even a few law suites may come out of this .