Antonio Gobbo owner of Antonio's Bar refuses to shovel snow. Endicott Police shovel for him.

tiger pride

This picture is going around on Facebook of an Endicott police officer shoveling snow.  I think it's great the EPD helps those in need.  But this is Antonio's Bar, a business in Endicott. If the owner Antonio Gobbo can't do it himself, he can pay a company or a neighborhood kid to do it.  Our tax dollars shouldn't be paying for Antonio's to get free service. 

IMG_1935.jpg

There are many elderly and low-income who could actually use help, not some restauranteur selling expensive martinis. I know his sister through political circles, I'm not surprised they don't feel obligated to follow the law and clear their property.  

• 1 month later...

Although I never like to see a business fail, I'm surprised he stayed open this long.  I had to eat dinner there a few months ago for a business meeting, and the menu was pitiful along with the martini I had ordered.

Maybe I was a little harsh with my previous comment.  I agree, I don't like to see businesses close.  But Antonio hasn't cared about the restaurant for years, that's not fair to the staff or the customers.  

That's a great location, it would be nice to see someone come in there who wants to work hard and succeed.  You can make a restaurant work in Endicott's Little Italy if you work hard and care about what you're doing. 

10 hours ago, Wildcat23 said:

Maybe I was a little harsh with my previous comment.  I agree, I don't like to see businesses close.  But Antonio hasn't cared about the restaurant for years, that's not fair to the staff or the customers.  

That's a great location, it would be nice to see someone come in there who wants to work hard and succeed.  You can make a restaurant work in Endicott's Little Italy if you work hard and care about what you're doing. 

I agree with this, you are right. If Franks moved his Maine location here at Antonio’s that would be huge 

The reactions to Antonio's closing seems to be "thats too bad", but no one is that upset about it.  But if the other restaurants in that area (Consols, Joeys, Oaks Inn) closed, it would be a major deal.  It sees like people stopped caring about Antonio's when he stopped caring about his business several years back.