Lenten fish and pierogi dinners

yesteryear

Had Direnzos yesterday. It was perfect. It was $24.00 for 2 large. 

I'm thinking of trying Price Chopper fish fry tomorrow. It's $7.99. If you purchase 2 or more fish dinners, you get a $1.00 off. I've never tried their dinners..let you know. Plus, doesn’t Red and White do fish on Friday too? 

Sacred Heart (the wooden church) on Ukrainian Hill Rd in JC has very Good Friday dinners. Ukrainian or Fish Dinners, A La Carte Available Pyrohy, Holubtsi, Fried Haddock, Borscht or Soup of the Day and desserts available.  Delicious food and nice people, none of the political BS like at St. Michaels. 

It's too bad what's happened at St. Michaels, their pierogis used to be very affordable.  Not only is it too expensive, but the workers are rude.  Back in the 90's it was absolutely packed in there, and there was a friendly atmosphere. And then there's the Korchak's.  Lots of people don't want to go there so they don't have to see the Korchak's.  They politicized the church, and used it to attack their enemies. 

On 2/15/2024 at 6:52 PM, ginger said:

Had Direnzos yesterday. It was perfect. It was $24.00 for 2 large. 

I'm thinking of trying Price Chopper fish fry tomorrow. It's $7.99. If you purchase 2 or more fish dinners, you get a $1.00 off. I've never tried their dinners..let you know. Plus, doesn’t Red and White do fish on Friday too? 

So. For the same $24.00 I pre-ordered 3 haddock dinners from Price Chopper on Upper Front. It came with fries, coleslaw, ketchup and tartar sauce. I made my own cocktail sauce. It was cooked perfectly and fresh. The oil must have been brand new. If you have kids, monitor for bones, have a piece of toast on hand in case they get one stuck. My fish had 3. The other 2 dinners had none. I think the coleslaw could have used more dressing and been chopped a bit more finely but overall, I give it a 9/10. 

I doubt there's better dinner for the $7.99 price. I'm stuffed. Great Job! 🙂

I agree Price Chopper is a great value, and very good food.  Last night I picked up Sacred Heart's meals to go, thank you to whoever recommended it!  And very nice people there, very refreshing compared to the egos and rude people at St. Mike's on Clinton Street.  I'll be going back to Sacred Heart regularly this spring. 

If you are wondering where to go for a delicious fish fry in our part of the Southern Tier of New York and Northeast Pennsylvania, below you will find several places mentioned; Don Morgan.

Read More: Friday Fish Fry Spots In New York's Southern Tier & Northeast PA | https://wnbf.com/ixp/497/p/new-york-and-pennsylvania-fish-fry-locations/?utm_source=tsmclip&utm_medium=referral