what your favorite old buisness thats gone

OP.

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shuster's at the end of Harry L. Dr!

Honorable mention to Park Pharmacy on Harry L as well.

I was just thinking about the Park Pharmacy when I made a stop into the CVS on the same corner. It was much better as the Park. Shuster's? Was that the end of Harry L across from the church where Arrowhead bookstore is now? Stinky Pete's was on Harry L too along with the bakery... I do miss that bakery.

Guest Guest

I was just thinking about the Park Pharmacy when I made a stop into the CVS on the same corner. It was much better as the Park. Shuster's? Was that the end of Harry L across from the church where Arrowhead bookstore is now? Stinky Pete's was on Harry L too along with the bakery... I do miss that bakery.

Correct. It was also a Big M at one point too. There was also a fantastic bakery on Harry L which is now home to some type of Dr. Office next to Rotary errr I mean Kwik Fill and across from where Valley Forge errr I mean that dog grooming place is now! While I am at it, Red & White at the corner of Harry L and N.Baldwin is TRULY missed as well. Shelly had the best meats in town!

Newberry's in Owego, Blue Moon in Vestal, Grandway in Endicott, Burt's in Endicott, Lum's, the ice cream place on 96 with minature golf out back, Fowler's (where Boscov's) is now, Power and Light disco in Vestal, reel to reel disco in Endwell, Elk's bakery on Washington Ave., Stride- Rite shoe store, the V-drive in and Airport Drive-in, Skyline Park in Owego and many others.

Shangri- La -the original, the old Ross Park, Children's Supermarket, original A&W's, old fashioned gas stations that pumped your gas for you and would clean your windows and were friendly. the West Corner's field days. cheap cabins you could vacation in around Otsego Lake and rent a row boat cheap for fishing.

Guest Guest

The West Corner's field days.

I remember those days! Think it would still be around if it was'nt for a neighbor shooting at a ""trespasser"".

The Amsterdam in JC - great food, great music, great atmosphere. Nothing like that around anymore.

I would second that! I used to love shootin pool and hangin w/ friends back in the day there. Simply a great corner bar.

Not being fully qualified to answer here other than being upset at not having the opportunity to buy a drink legally in Frohsinns on Broad Street , I asked some neighbors and their answers were interesting .

Two said they missed Owl Taxi on Henry Street , and one said Binghamton Ice Cream Co . on Water Street .

I never did find anything about the Ice Cream place .

I would second that! I used to love shootin pool and hangin w/ friends back in the day there. Simply a great corner bar.

Lobster Ravioli and Cheesecake with Wheatberry Crust.

Having been a JC resident since the late 50s. I remember The Amsterdam being a bar in JC and I am now trying to recall where exactly it was..... anyone?

Having been a JC resident since the late 50s. I remember The Amsterdam being a bar in JC and I am now trying to recall where exactly it was..... anyone?

Corner of harry l and (I think) its lester ave. I dont remember the cross st. exactly.

Archived