Coco's

Kern's Hobbies

Woody's Record Shop

Dick's Choice Meats

to name a few!

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The 1st salad bar was at The Villa. The Alamo came after. The Villa was in that old gravel pit across from Stars. Trust me on the accuracy of my statements. The resturant next to BCHS mentioned earlier was the hang out of the long haired kids. (I can't remember the name either) but the couple who ran it never smiled and looked like strung out...gaunt. The had great brownies. Kerns Hobbies. Westons. Meyers Furriers. Drazens. Sissons. McLeans. Mr. Sid. The Mr.Peanut Shop. Lescron Books. The Hub. The Ritz Tea Room. The Strand, Reviera, The Capitol and The Art Theaters. (Debut of Deep Throat!) The Fountains with the Polinesian Room. The Establishment. The Inferno. The Beaugart, The Bachelor Button and the Carlton. Amps! Mac's Mufflers. The original Panchos Pit located in the guy's garage in Appalachain.Someone mentioned Coco's. I have alot of the original Surgio Bustemante sculptures in my house. The tiger head is my favorite. The glass work is in The Plantation House. My last comment is about Philla Sales. I worked there in the early 70's as a stock boy. Alan Jablon was my neighbor. Steve Stein fired me (for a few days) because I ate a candy bar that was in a half- empty box of them. He got on the phone to Alan and said "we are being robbed" and I looked around for the dastardly criminals. He was talking about me!!

I don't remember a Pancho's ever being in Apalachin..where was that? The first Pancho's Pit I remember was just past the old Carson's Rotary gas station, (now a QuickFill) going into Endicott from Vestal's 5 corners.

Fowler's

McLean's

Sisson Brothers

Mutual Furniture

Jarvis Theater

Crest Theater

Art Theater

Parlor City Shoes

Charms Boutique

The V Drive In

Taylor's Tiny Town

Henry's Hamburgers

The Villa Restaurants

Coco's

Kern's Hobbies

Woody's Record Shop

Dick's Choice Meats

to name a few!

I forgot about Cocos. that was good.

My favorite was Klondike's that was downtown in the late teens until about 1932 or so. It lasted a few years of the depression but eventually fell by the wayside. Those were the days!

I'm sure that some of these are repeats, but I'm not going to look through 12 pages of lists. Here are a few of mine:

Brown's Mkt. , as well as Larry & Kay's & DiPaolo's

Swat's

5th Ward

Penn Ave Market

The Pine Lounge

Baby Bear

"Sneaky Pete's" Market

Loblaw's

Masciarelli's Market

Ben's Clothing

Brady's Beach @ Quaker Lake

Fitzie's Irish Pub

I'm sure I could name a hundred more - so many memories!

@

Yes I remember going to Robert Hall's on Main St. where Horizon CU is now! I went to Bing Central and walked home from school which used to be a GOOD neighborhood.

PJ Haleys, the Warehouse, Inferno, Honky Tonk and Bobby Dees. No one ever wanted to admit they went to Bobby Dee's, but by midnite you would end up there with everyone else. Breakfast at the Red Oak at 3:00am. Partying at Pope's Revine off of Court St, Mill Hill, and alot of other places that I don't remember the names of. The Headquarters was the BEST too. Everyone ended up there at midnite too with no stabbing and shootings like there is now.

IBM

EJ

Link

GE

Anitec

and on

and on

I dont know, maybe all of the companies that used to provide good paying jobs and supported the overpriced infrastructure we have in place today!!!

The Phoebe Snow, the Lackawanna station

The Arlington

The Sears on Court Street

not a favorite, but, Milton's

The Grand Way

The Dog House on State St.

I was in Elmira 2 weeks ago and saw the Pudgie's, did a huge U-turn and ran inside. I think the kids behind the counter were like "what is up with this dude".

The Tony's Pizza in Endicott back when they were in the K-Mart plaza near J.F. Snapp was incredible during lunch time.

Anyone miss BarJo's on the arteial highway, those were the days.

Guess you never saw the rats running around Tony's. Maybe that's what made it taste good to you. We were there and saw them. He offered us a free pizza to shut us up...we said no thanks and left ....never went back

@

I'm sorry if someone mentioned this before

Benny's Palace and

The Dutchess

all in JC

Someone mentioned Barjo's. I used to get my car "inspected" there. I walked in with my registration card and walked out with a sticker. I also liked Jim n' Nick's and Waple's in Endicott.

Sugarman's &

Hard Ware Fare (sp?)

On Front Street

Lowes and Home Depot might have better prices, but you can never find someone who really knows what they are talking about to help you out like you could in the old days.

Archived