It just broke my heart...

Ole Blue Eyes

Guest country girl
Country Girl where can we sign up for the rescue group? We adopted 9 cats when their owners who didn't want them dropped them off in the woods near our home leaving them to starve. We got them all fixed and they have their shots and necessities. They are our kids. Our dog gets along well with them and they love playing with him. If I had the means and the room I would rescue the abused and give them happy homes and lots of love.

I can let you know when the next meeting is, then you can come and join if you would like. In the meantime, I will see if I can find a contact for you. I have an extra application but I have no idea how I would be able to get it to you. The name of the group is BCART (Broome County Animal Rescue Team), it is a county program that will be run by volunteers.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest country girl
Good For You ! now go get a real job caring for HUMAN LIFE AS WELL.

Hey scrub, guess what? I already do. I am not like you. I happen to be the type of person who helps people and animals in need whenever I can. What do you do besides play with yourself and be rude? I would be willling to bet that you are a miserable selfish jerk that probably does nothing to help any person or animal, other than yourself of course.

Guest Guest
Hey scrub, guess what? I already do. I am not like you. I happen to be the type of person who helps people and animals in need whenever I can. What do you do besides play with yourself and be rude? I would be willling to bet that you are a miserable selfish jerk that probably does nothing to help any person or animal, other than yourself of course.

You say that like it's a bad thing.

I have volunteered for an animal shelter in the Binghamton area. I have also assisted in investigating animal cruelty. The things that I have seen are absolutely disgusting. I just want to say that I appreciate all of you who have deep concern and care about animals. Thank you very much for everything you do for them. There are a lot of great animal loving people on here, it is nice to see that. The animal posts are great, I love them.

On another subject, there is a group that is starting in this area to rescue, transport, and temporarily shelter animals in the event of a disaster so that we dont have another "Conklin flood" situation. Just wanted to tell you all about it in case you have not heard about it already. They are looking for volunteers if anybody is interested.

I'm interested...post the info!

Good For You ! now go get a real job caring for HUMAN LIFE AS WELL.

Why do you assume, that just because we talk about saving animals, we don't care about human life? Human life is a 24/7...it just comes natural, it's part of our lives...it's just something that's inbred and you do it without thought.

Guest country girl

I will have to try to find out what / who a contact would be. I will get back to you ASAP. I will check to see if there is another meeting coming up soon. I know there was an article in the paper about it and it was on the news. I will check the websites to see if they have contact info on them.

Guest Guest
Why do you assume, that just because we talk about saving animals, we don't care about human life? Human life is a 24/7...it just comes natural, it's part of our lives...it's just something that's inbred and you do it without thought.

Because all of your posts are either a NO SENSE post or ABOUT YOU POOR DOGGIES.

I have yet, in 2 boards now, seen anything remotely connected to HUMAN LIFE AND GIVING A CRAP about it.

And Country Girl, you are so full of it, it's sticking out your nose. You, like others have no respect for people, although you would like the world to think you do, but you don't. You know why>? because you and the other jerks that put animals above people do not have a life. One where it involves a relationship with a member of the other sex. Your all nothing but a bunch of losers. Wanta Bees in the present. Know nothing about how to treat another human so you run to a helpless animal and claim to know everything. You don't

I have 2 cats, 2 dogs, 3 birds and 4 kids. The kids and my wife come first because I know that the "pets" can be replaced with other "pets"...Human life can not.

Grow up and face facts. PEOPLE ARE PEOPLE....animals can';t talk !!! so your no Dr. Dolittle !!!!

Guest country girl

Ok, I searched on the Broome County website and here is what I found, I guess it is an old article that was in the press. I am unsure if the contact info is still the same. I will still try to find out if there is another meeting coming up soon and I will let you know. Thanks!!

Volunteers Needed for Broome County Animal Rescue Team

BINGHAMTON, NY -

Where were your pets during the June 2006 flooding? Were they safe? Many were not and unfortunately, some perished in the flooding, despite the heroic efforts made by many.

Are you concerned about the welfare of animals during disaster? Did you know that New York State has passed a law requiring all counties to have an emergency plan for animals? Broome County is currently seeking volunteers to help establish and staff their County Animal Response Team (CART).

If you are interested in being a part of the planning process and/or helping in the event of a disaster, come to an information/organization meeting on Tuesday, November 13 at 6:30pm at the Broome County Public Safety Facility, Office of Emergency Services, 173 Lt. Vanwinkle Drive, Binghamton, NY 13905.

Veterinarians, veterinary technicians, kennel operators, groomers, stable owners, pet shop personnel, and anyone who is interested in animals is strongly encouraged to attend. Contact Christine Bonner at 607.648.5425 or Renee Schloupt at 607.775.1726 for more information.

Guest Guest

I have yet, in 2 boards now, seen anything remotely connected to HUMAN LIFE AND GIVING A CRAP about it.

And Country Girl, you are so full of it, it's sticking out your nose. You, like others have no respect for people, although you would like the world to think you do, but you don't. You know why>? because you and the other jerks that put animals above people do not have a life. One where it involves a relationship with a member of the other sex. Your all nothing but a bunch of losers. Wanta Bees in the present. Know nothing about how to treat another human so you run to a helpless animal and claim to know everything. You don't

I have 2 cats, 2 dogs, 3 birds and 4 kids. The kids and my wife come first because I know that the "pets" can be replaced with other "pets"...Human life can not.

Grow up and face facts. PEOPLE ARE PEOPLE....animals can';t talk !!! so your no Dr. Dolittle !!!!

If you had respect for people like you claim to you wouldn't talk so much DELETED about people you don't even know. How do you know that these people aren't married or don't have kids? Maybe they all have husbands or wives who are DELETED like you and they have pets because pets are always loving.

Did your wife leave you for someone who works with dogs or something?

Calm down. People will always come before our pets...that's a pretty stupid statement to make!

Guest Guest
If you had respect for people like you claim to you wouldn't talk so much shit about people you don't even know. How do you know that these people aren't married or don't have kids? Maybe they all have husbands or wives who are assholes like you and they have pets because pets are always loving.

Did your wife leave you for someone who works with dogs or something?

Because there is the thing called "SEARCH" here and in order to know about someone who is posting as a member, you can see what they really believe in, self centered! No idea of a relationship with any HUMAN because they did and could not handle it so now they run to their animals who know no better where-as humans do!

Yet they claim that their points of view are thru the past, one that was rocky at best, with a mate.

I, on the old board, had a lot of RESPECT for SIH, CW, HONEY and a few others. But they, not I, they changed their views and thinking process with each post. That my friend is called 2 faced. When a person does not stand up for what they think and feel, THEIR ENTIRE LIFE and be allowed to be pushed into a non-realistic world, which is what has happened here, it's sad because now those people don';t have a clue.

Oh, SIH might be able to toss a bunch of words that make everyone laugh, and CW might be the same as with Honey and others (not counting the BS from guests - or are they really registered members who would rather not log in for fear of the mighty ax) but it's the same no matter which way the facts are presented.

Deal with it and get a life. Mingle with people, and I am not talking the M & G at the POOL HALL either because that is nothing more then people who are in the same boat, that lost all sense of reality, go to meet.

Guest Guest

"Little minds think in little ways. Your told something and you believe it without checking for yourself?"

Talk about little minds. You post this you idiot and get the "your" incorrect. It should be "you're" you idiot! Figures a small mind doesn't care about dogs. You are a piece of work. :angry:

Guest Guest

Animals have no voices, only people who will be THEIR voice! Whomever said that animals are not people, you are in FACT entirely correct! But it's PEOPLE that cause the problems not the poor victims themselves. So get over YOURSELF!

Guest Guest-Jon-*
that someone I know just adopted a terribly abused dog. What the hell is wrong with people? If I told you what this poor animal had endured...you'd throw up. Thank God this dog finally has a very loving home.

DELETED me off I'll tell you that right now.

Guest Guest

I think it's more the idea that pets are so disposable. Since a lot of us look at our pets as family the idea of just giving one up so easily is offensive. I will happily admit that there are some very good reasons to give up animals, and sometimes the animals are smarter than the people, sometimes it's just not a good fit and sometimes there really is a change in lifestyle that doesn't make it possible to have a pet anymore. But for every GOOD reason there are at least 50 bad ones, or people who just don't want to make any changes in their own behavior to accomadate something that they can just as easily "get rid of". It just shows how we as a society have decided that we don't have to take responsibility for anything anymore. All you have to do is say 'I can't because ___________" and you're off the hook. Granted, I'd rather have them drop the animals off at a shelter than on the road but the fact remains that people are so damn casual about leaving them.

This was written on a bb I belong too regarding someone who works in a shelter, it's a thankless job:

Here's an example for you: the other night I worked in admissions for about an hour helping them catch up. Two guys came in with these unsocialized 50# lab mixes that had barely been touched. They were obvious back yard dogs, scared out of their minds, barking at everything, the guys are yelling at them to "shut up!!!" which made them more upset. Now had these guys bothered to socialize those dogs maybe things would have been different. If they'd have been responsible owners and spayed/neutered them and taken them for walks and to new places they probably wouldn't have been terrified, or at least AS terrified. Unfortunatly it didn't turn out that way. It took 3 people to catch-pole and tranq them, then they had to be lifted onto carts and pulled down to the euthanasia room to be put to sleep. And it wasn't just them that day. 3 other dogs had to be done the same way because they were dropped off by uncaring owners who never gave a shit about the dog in the first place. One female turned totally aggressive and she had 2 week old puppies at her side. They were all euthanized today because no one bothered to take responsibility for them and their futures. If someone somewhere had taken the responsibility for the mama dog, they wouldn't have been there and their lives wouldn't have been over at 2 weeks

So maybe that's why people get riled up is because even though she may have a legitimate excuse it's still a symptom of a MUCH bigger problem.

Guest Guest

Here again:

Quote:I am saying that as long as the pet goes to a good home with responsible owners, found by the previous owner without using resources from a shelter or rescue, it's really no one's business why the owner gave up the pet. This type of situation doesn't contribute to the problem to which you are referring.

But it does contribute, and I'll tell you why. It's the same exact reason that I rip into people who let their pets breed all willy-nilly. Every pet that gets placed outside of a shelter, including the free to a good home ones, takes a home away from a shelter pet. Instead of people taking responsiblity for the animal and, say, getting the animal spayed and microchipped and vaccinated properly and paying the fee to take it with you wherever you are going, they'd rather throw their hands up in the air and say "free to good home!". Granted, this may work out and it may not. What's to say that in 3 months the people she gave her animal to won't decide that it's too much responsiblity or too much money and either take it to the shelter or give it away or dump it? We quite often take in animals that were gotten from those free to a good home ads. Too often those animals are given to people who plan on using them for research or as bait animals for dog fighting. Ultimately it is the animal who pays the final price for that lady not wanting to take responsibility. And that's why I say it's a symptom of a much bigger problem, that whole not wanting to take responsibility for the animal in the first place.

Let's just hope that the cat gets the better end of the deal :)

Guest country girl

Listen, because I do care about people, I really do wish you would go seek a mental health professional, you definitely need it!! You need anger management or something. I have no idea what traumatic thing happened to you in life to make you so miserable but get a grip on life and deal with it without taking it out on others. I have to say, I feel sorry for you wife, kids, and animals having to live with such a jerk like you.

Also, you dont know crap about me "little man", so quit assuming you do. I have many friends who will prove you wrong. I hold TWO professional jobs, I own a house, I have pets, etc. I have a lot of responsibilities but still manage to find the time to help animals. As a previous poster said, they rely on humans to take care of them and "speak for them". I have a big heart for and do all I can to help elderly people, children, and pets. They are the ones who need decent people to help them.

Get a life and get over your little man syndrome.

Guest Guest
Listen, because I do care about people, I really do wish you would go seek a mental health professional, you definitely need it!! You need anger management or something. I have no idea what traumatic thing happened to you in life to make you so miserable but get a grip on life and deal with it without taking it out on others. I have to say, I feel sorry for you wife, kids, and animals having to live with such a jerk like you.

Also, you dont know crap about me "little man", so quit assuming you do. I have many friends who will prove you wrong. I hold TWO professional jobs, I own a house, I have pets, etc. I have a lot of responsibilities but still manage to find the time to help animals. As a previous poster said, they rely on humans to take care of them and "speak for them". I have a big heart for and do all I can to help elderly people, children, and pets. They are the ones who need decent people to help them.

Get a life and get over your little man syndrome.

You go girl

I think it's more the idea that pets are so disposable. Since a lot of us look at our pets as family the idea of just giving one up so easily is offensive. I will happily admit that there are some very good reasons to give up animals, and sometimes the animals are smarter than the people, sometimes it's just not a good fit and sometimes there really is a change in lifestyle that doesn't make it possible to have a pet anymore. But for every GOOD reason there are at least 50 bad ones, or people who just don't want to make any changes in their own behavior to accomadate something that they can just as easily "get rid of". It just shows how we as a society have decided that we don't have to take responsibility for anything anymore. All you have to do is say 'I can't because ___________" and you're off the hook. Granted, I'd rather have them drop the animals off at a shelter than on the road but the fact remains that people are so damn casual about leaving them.

This was written on a bb I belong too regarding someone who works in a shelter, it's a thankless job:

Here's an example for you: the other night I worked in admissions for about an hour helping them catch up. Two guys came in with these unsocialized 50# lab mixes that had barely been touched. They were obvious back yard dogs, scared out of their minds, barking at everything, the guys are yelling at them to "shut up!!!" which made them more upset. Now had these guys bothered to socialize those dogs maybe things would have been different. If they'd have been responsible owners and spayed/neutered them and taken them for walks and to new places they probably wouldn't have been terrified, or at least AS terrified. Unfortunatly it didn't turn out that way. It took 3 people to catch-pole and tranq them, then they had to be lifted onto carts and pulled down to the euthanasia room to be put to sleep. And it wasn't just them that day. 3 other dogs had to be done the same way because they were dropped off by uncaring owners who never gave a shit about the dog in the first place. One female turned totally aggressive and she had 2 week old puppies at her side. They were all euthanized today because no one bothered to take responsibility for them and their futures. If someone somewhere had taken the responsibility for the mama dog, they wouldn't have been there and their lives wouldn't have been over at 2 weeks

So maybe that's why people get riled up is because even though she may have a legitimate excuse it's still a symptom of a MUCH bigger problem.

Thank you...a very nice post!

Guest Guest

Sleepless you are very well welcomed! I would post my identity, but I am of a career that is high profile in this area. But I do take great care on what's right or wrong! I sincerely believe that people are the route of the problem. And like another poster, I do care for the elderly and children, but animals in need really tug on my heart strings! People make the world we live in, unfortunately. I for one have a soft spot for animals. They are incapable of their future. They all relies on humans. Pets rely on humans for everything. food. shelter, vaccines, medical care, being spayed or neutered,, love and socializtion no need to mention everything else. I find in this day in society when 9.6 million animals were euthanized last year in shelters, this truely is a human problem, not an animal problem.

@

I am not an animal hater in the least. I do however have a problem with people who put dogs above people. Example: My mother in law has two little yappy dogs who look like insects. When our kids come over, they are very excited to see the grandparents as well as the dogs. My son went over to see one of these dogs and wanted to say hello. I was there the whole time and he did nothing threatening at all, just wanted to look at the dog ( we don't have any pets and he is very interested in animals ) the little mut growled at him and tried to bite him. My mother in law took the dog's side and said that he must have done something to threaten or scare the dog. He didn't. She also refused to put the dog in the basement so that the kids could visit with thier grandparents in peace. It made me so mad. I give respect to those who rescue abused animals, but let's keep it all in perspective. Her grand kids will will be here long after the boney, bug eyed chihuahuas are gone.

I don't think anyone on this board EVER said dogs (or any animals) are above people...not sure where the idea came from, but it's certainly cemented in some minds.

BT, I don't blame you for being mad because your MIL wouldn't put the dogs away while the kids were there...that's just asking for trouble, especially if he growled at your son...probably not used to kids, but that's why they should've been separated.

@

I don't think anyone on this board EVER said dogs (or any animals) are above people...not sure where the idea came from, but it's certainly cemented in some minds.

BT, I don't blame you for being mad because your MIL wouldn't put the dogs away while the kids were there...that's just asking for trouble, especially if he growled at your son...probably not used to kids, but that's why they should've been separated.

@

Like I said, I am no animal hater. In fact I grew up in an animal friendly house where the pets were treated as equals to the humans. My in laws are getting on in years and maybe they are a bit confused, but the incident left a bad taste in my mouth. I choose not to have pets right now because little children don't always know how to treat animals ( my son is only 3 ). Again, I give huge respect to those who care for abused animals.

Archived