It just broke my heart...

Ole Blue Eyes

My beloved cat of 15 years died today and yes She has been ill for at least 6 months, We just coddled her and made the best of Her days with Us the best We could and just last Friday I was seriously thinking to take Her to the vet and end it for Her. I am so glad I did'nt. She went out and enjoyed the sunshine on Saturday and rested Sunday and Monday ( not eating) but comfortable and when I found Her this morning She passed away here in Her home naturally. The home that She loved with the people that LOVED Her. I am sobing as I write this but She was such a beautiful girl ( Himalain with blue eyes) and a very special girl. I am glad I chose NOT to end Her life on Friday and had Her three more :( days to Love.

@

I am so sorry about the loss of your beloved kitty. I got chocked up reading your post. Our thoughts and prayers are with you...

@

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am so sorry to hear about your cat, I have one who is 17 yrs. old and I know it's just a matter of time. I found this site when I lost my best friend "Cher" she was the most wonderful dog I've ever seen, I was fortunate to have her for 12 yrs.

Here is the link, www.petloss.com, it may help.

Guest guest
Thank's Toop for trying to explain to the moron. I never said I wouldn't put an animal down. I put Lacey, the pug down, because she had tumors in her mouth, and she was in pain, and suffering...and no help to be found for her, I remember that heart wretching shot they gave her, and her cry!. Winston on the other hand was a fighter his whole life, disabled at a young age...the doc said probably from a car accident, he wasn't really sure, but Winny's back end never really worked right, and I used to have to help him to stand up to get going...but he was all heart. Yes, I induced him his final days. He was heavily on antibiotics, but I thought his heart would pull him thru...I was wrong! He just gave up, tired of the fight.

@

Now SIH, there was absolutely no reason for name calling...i.e. "moron". I was just asking a question but that's what you get from this forum.

Now SIH, there was absolutely no reason for name calling...i.e. "moron". I was just asking a question but that's what you get from this forum.

Suggest you brush up on your reading comprehension skills...perhaps then, you wouldn't have to ask questions like that.

@

It is with a heavy heart that I let everyone know that Champ has left us. Champ was at a disadvantage compared to most dogs, he was blinded about a year or year and a half ago. He was unable to adjust to this however; he was in a loving home for the past 4 months. He had become a member of the family and was loved by all.

Champ amazed my neighbors. They found it hard to believe that he was blind when we would be outside. He would walk the yard, counting on me to tell him where his boundaries were. Then he would stop turn towards the clicking of my fingers and sit, waiting for me to call for him in a low voice over and over and would run full force until he heard me say stop. It was a great way of exercising him and him having confidence in me that he would not hit a tree or some other stumbling factor. We had even gotten to the point that he would run and about two feet from me I would say jump and he would go airborne and land in my arms. I will miss that wagging of the tale and coming up to me when I arrived home from work, the kisses that I received, the fact that he thought he was a lap dog and I would try to accommodate him for about an hour. My mom will miss her confidant the one who knew all her secrets and she new he wouldn’t tell anyone. The little guy who new right where his basket of toys were and would pick out the same one each night and bring it to me to play, or the guy who when mom was sick would lie by her bed.

This is hard for me to write…because I saw the good side of my little buddy, but I keep thinking he is in a better place and now has the ability to see again. I was with my buddy until the end making sure he felt my arms around him and heard my voice when he passed. Though we had a short time together… he knew he was loved, just as I know he loved me.

We thank Boxer Angels Rescue, especially Gary and Tina for all their support. Champ will be remembered as tears are shed for what was taken from him but most of all for the time we had with him.

Good bye my buddy, I wish I could have done more.

I can gladly offer you up a hundred thousand plus testimonials of people who don't give up on their pets. If there is no evident pain and the vet concurs...we choose to ride out their final days!. I couldn't find it to post, but I read of a man in CT, whose's boxer's rear end gave out on him. He rigged up a shoulder harness to make the dog mobile, and for over a year and a half, the neighbors would gather and cheer the dog on. This dog didn't suffer, it wanted to live!!!!

Guest Guest
I can gladly offer you up a hundred thousand plus testimonials of people who don't give up on their pets.

Start Listing them ---

This should be some interesting "doze off" reading

Start Listing them ---

This should be some interesting "doze off" reading

I'll gladly start listing them, when you have the fortitude to log on and quit being an anonymous guest. And don't argue that we're all anonymous here...my posts follow me, I'm tired of that argument. You on the other hand, are simply a coward. So shut up in the meantime, you bore everybody...."guest"! My guess is you're still about 16 years old, and you're still a bed wetter...nothing wrong with that!!!

@

Archived