Section 4 Football

JoeTheDrunk

Poor JC kids. Offense so predictable. Unbalanced line with lineman in 4 point stance, you know where the ball is going every single time. Elmira defenders were in the back field time and time again because the the JC linemen can't get out of their stance. And their punt formation? Why not just go for it on 4th down? If my kid went to JC I'd tell him to run cross country.

It is time to get rid of that coaching staff.

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Poor JC kids. Offense so predictable. Unbalanced line with lineman in 4 point stance, you know where the ball is going every single time. Elmira defenders were in the back field time and time again because the the JC linemen can't get out of their stance. And their punt formation? Why not just go for it on 4th down? If my kid went to JC I'd tell him to run cross country.

It is time to get rid of that coaching staff.

Vestal loses their best player first play of game......what would have happened to UE if Davis was thrown out??? Vestal with Carlin beats UE without their best running back. Let's see what happens in sectional playoffs.

LMFAO U.E. had a terrible turnover and penalty filled game and still whipped Tank by 23 points. It is absurd to think Carlin is worth 23 points. Tank should have controlled his players and not have had them tossed from the game. U.E. played the game without All State linemen Paugh. He might be back come Sectional time.

Guest Guestyogi

LMFAO U.E. had a terrible turnover and penalty filled game and still whipped Tank by 23 points. It is absurd to think Carlin is worth 23 points. Tank should have controlled his players and not have had them tossed from the game. U.E. played the game without All State linemen Paugh. He might be back come Sectional time.

UE always has penalty filled games! So you can't use that one! Did you happen to see their game against Elmira where they rolled up 140 yards in penalties? "penalty filled game" is a given for this group of players, which has and will absolutely kill them when they play good teams.

ME is the only team that could compete down south. (And when I say that, I mean with schools of their size) ME has a program like the southern schools do. They work out 4 times a week, have skills and agilities that the players put together during the off season, and grind all year long. I have been teacher in the distinct for 3 years now, and I've experienced what they do to win. Before my time here, I coached down in Georgia at a big public school. Kids didn't care about grades, just football there. And those kids were grown men. However the smaller schools I know for a fact would have been given a run for their money if they played last years ME team.

Spar-Cat week. ME by 50 over JC

Not very often can JC compete with ME. The headcount is about the same but the demagraphics are totally different and that makes a huge difference.

UE always has penalty filled games! So you can't use that one! Did you happen to see their game against Elmira where they rolled up 140 yards in penalties? "penalty filled game" is a given for this group of players, which has and will absolutely kill them when they play good teams.

Shane Hurd's teams did not have a lot of penalty yards. The rookie Baleno has got to cut down on the mistakes. Baleno was outcoached by Elimira. Baleno needed to adjust on defense and send some linebackers to disrupt the Elmira offense. He needed his big man number 69 on the defensive line like last year. Baleno 's offense made a critical motion penalty that negated a 80 yard td run by Davis that would have put U.E. in the lead.

As far as Tank Anderson goes. Anderson has the worst sports program in Vestal. He should be fired.

Shane Hurd's teams did not have a lot of penalty yards. The rookie Baleno has got to cut down on the mistakes. Baleno was outcoached by Elimira. Baleno needed to adjust on defense and send some linebackers to disrupt the Elmira offense. He needed his big man number 69 on the defensive line like last year. Baleno 's offense made a critical motion penalty that negated a 80 yard td run by Davis that would have put U.E. in the lead.

As far as Tank Anderson goes. Anderson has the worst sports program in Vestal. He should be fired.

Taking over a program takes a while. Give Baleno a chance. It doesn't happen over night. Chuck Gottfried's record in his first two years was 9-9. Look what happened after that until his retirement.

Taking over a program takes a while. Give Baleno a chance. It doesn't happen over night. Chuck Gottfried's record in his first two years was 9-9. Look what happened after that until his retirement.

Speaking of programs, this has to be the lousiest U.E. football program ever.(the $5) program. It does not even have the height and weight of the players. The all time records are not in the program. I just went into the teams website and that is even worse. All it has is a team picture. There is no listing of the team roster.

Baleno better do good with his team in his first year because the team is Senior laden, especially in all the skill positions. The next few years he will have to coach like a Gottfried to win.

PS Hurd won right away when he took over at U.E.

Not very often can JC compete with ME. The headcount is about the same but the demagraphics are totally different and that makes a huge difference.

The coaching staffs are totally different and that makes an even bigger difference. ME staff works with their kids year round. The head coach doesn't coach girls modified basketball and modified softball. He takes his kids to football camps all the time during the offseason. On top of that, you will see the ME head coach at pee wee football games every weekend. I'm willing to bet that if the same effort, committment and dedication were put worth with any demographics, success would become contagious like it is at ME.

The coaching staffs are totally different and that makes an even bigger difference. ME staff works with their kids year round. The head coach doesn't coach girls modified basketball and modified softball. He takes his kids to football camps all the time during the offseason. On top of that, you will see the ME head coach at pee wee football games every weekend. I'm willing to bet that if the same effort, committment and dedication were put worth with any demographics, success would become contagious like it is at ME.

great post... Gallagher really does do a great job with the youth program and up. He works his players out all year as much as possible to ensure they win. They could beat JC by 100 this weekend.

Speaking of programs, this has to be the lousiest U.E. football program ever.(the $5) program. It does not even have the height and weight of the players. The all time records are not in the program. I just went into the teams website and that is even worse. All it has is a team picture. There is no listing of the team roster.

Baleno better do good with his team in his first year because the team is Senior laden, especially in all the skill positions. The next few years he will have to coach like a Gottfried to win.

PS Hurd won right away when he took over at U.E.

Quit complaining, volunteer to be on the program committee next time.

You're partly right but completely wrong in part too. From what I've seen from a distance, the ME staff is excellent and doing a lot right. I don't think that's the case for most B, A, and AA schools. There are many excellent programs at class C & D schools, it's easy to tell just by their continued success (Forks, Walton, Tioga, Sidney and others).

But you are completely wrong if you don't understand the advantage the ME kids have over other local schools. If you don't think stable, 2 parent homes, probably significantly higher per capita income etc etc etc doesn't make a difference you are a fool. I don't have the data but I know these communities and the average ME kid has all those advantages over the average JC kid.

ame="Guest" post="914646" timestamp="1380077991"]

great post... Gallagher really does do a great job with the youth program and up. He works his players out all year as much as possible to ensure they win. They could beat JC by 100 this weekend.

I must admit that the JC program would be in much better shape right now if they had chosed Dave Robinson over Dienhard back when that went down.

Archived