Section 4 Football

JoeTheDrunk

JC has few if any coaches on Varsity that teach at JC and/or ever taught at JC. They have no real connection except Fred related to them or friends of family. Steve, Fred and Doug don't allow any one to do anything. If it gets done its because those 3 decided. The old guys aren't going to fund raise all Spring and Summer for these kids they have no connection to. In order to have a successful program, the kids have to buy into the program and the coaches. If the players don't, I don't care where you are, its not happening. When the kids care and they KNOW the coaches have their best interest at heart, and the majority of the coaches are 100% dedicated to the program, then those kids will ride a bike to lift or job to the school to lift and attend camp. But Fred's personality sucks and the kids don't like him as a coach or even as a person. Lastly, THEY HAVE NO HOME FIELD! You think kids are gonna bust ass all summer when they have no place to call home, a Holy Land to protect. The community is to thank for that one. Thanks for voting down that stadium. I doubt kids would have wanted to get it done to play in that stadium (sarcasm)

There is another stadium vote coming up soon.

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I disagree. I am the person who said coaching is the most important. Is it a coincidence that JC football never won a thing to Gottfried got there. Gottfried wins. Gottfried leaves and they start losing again. U.E. never won much in basketball until Tarricone arrived. He had a dynasty. Tarricone leaves and U.E. stops winning titles. Folli leaves U.E. baseball and the new coach can't dupicate his success. Vestal still had numbers advantages after Hoover left. Vestal hasn't done much after Hoover left and Anderson has driven the program to rock bottom. JC never was a factor in wrestling until Stanbro turned them into a power. The younger Hoover turned Walton into a class D football power.

As I said Ithaca is an exception. Vince Lombardi would have a hard time turning that communitty into a winning team. Ithaca must have had a different bread of people in 1970 then they do today. Ithaca is bigger then almost everybody they play and they get squashed in most sports.

That’s fine. Let me clarify that I do consider coaching to be an important factor, just not #1. I think that the posters here, not just you, are giving the coaches a little too much credit for ME’s success the last few years.

I know from personal experience that a coach can ruin a team and these guys at ME have done an excellent job coaching and running a program.

My only question is is if your incapable of understanding or willing to know whatnot takes to be a WINNER?? Probably NOT!!

Ha, do you realize when you go all caps it really adds nothing to your mindless posts? I would love to hear about all you ave won in life. Feel free to explain.

Not very often can JC compete with ME. The headcount is about the same but the demagraphics are totally different and that makes a huge difference.

If M.E. with all of their white boys went to Florida to play they would get run off the field by the much faster black players. The demographics would be against M.E.

last year two of M.E. best players were black.

If M.E. with all of their white boys went to Florida to play they would get run off the field by the much faster black players. The demographics would be against M.E.

last year two of M.E. best players were black.

ME's best players last year.

Sorrenti(white)

Haddock(white)

Jacoby(white)

K Gallagher (white)

Luis Uceta(Puerto Rican)

Darnell Woolfolk ( Bi-racial)

Alec Wisniewski (white)

Everyone else white.

So they had one "almost black" or "biracial" kid for lack of a better term and you say idiotic things like that.

All of you Yuppies argue about nothing, I don't care if the lift weights 8 days a week, and every kid on the team is on steroids. Or if they are white or black or green. How many D1 Players are there or were, that's the only measuring stick that you need. And please don't say that Cornell is D1 and embarrass yourself with your ignorance. And how ever said that they could compete in Florida; has never seen Fla. high school football. They would be 5-5 with there best teams and maybe one win with their average teams. Watch ESPN, do you really believe that any team up here could compete. As I said before they are a good small town school, in one of there worst HS football states in the country.

All of you Yuppies argue about nothing, I don't care if the lift weights 8 days a week, and every kid on the team is on steroids. Or if they are white or black or green. How many D1 Players are there or were, that's the only measuring stick that you need. And please don't say that Cornell is D1 and embarrass yourself with your ignorance. And how ever said that they could compete in Florida; has never seen Fla. high school football. They would be 5-5 with there best teams and maybe one win with their average teams. Watch ESPN, do you really believe that any team up here could compete. As I said before they are a good small town school, in one of there worst HS football states in the country.

You go girl.

ME's best players last year.

Sorrenti(white)

Haddock(white)

Jacoby(white)

K Gallagher (white)

Luis Uceta(Puerto Rican)

Darnell Woolfolk ( Bi-racial)

Alec Wisniewski (white)

Everyone else white.

So they had one "almost black" or "biracial" kid for lack of a better term and you say idiotic things like that.

They have 2 players of color. Just like Obama is considered black.

I have watched Binghamton and Vestal play this season. Vestal has a even chance of winning. Binghamton is not very good. The big advantage for Binghamton will be a huge coaching edge over Tank Anderson.

14-13 Binghamton. I guess I called this game perfectly. Ramil and the coaching edge over Tank Anderson was the one point difference,

14-13 Binghamton. I guess I called this game perfectly. Ramil and the coaching edge over Tank Anderson was the one point difference,

Yeah that game was ugly for the Pats.

39-3 was the final.

ME looked beatable today.

The Balles kid for JC is a good player. He passes the ball very well.

Looked like ME had a hard time getting up for JC. JC is soo bad.

• 5 months later...

Archived