Section 4 Football

JoeTheDrunk

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like it or not, ME is the best coached team around. That is not up for debate. ME's defense although lost a lot of guys from last year, still looks pretty good. The ends are both solid, and the tall lanky Sinicki kid is apparently a stud? I knew he was a solid bball player but didn't think he could play football? Linebackers in Woolfolk and Story are the best in Section IV, and Adam Gallagher and Garbelmen both are very good. Wisniewski as we all know is the best free safety(1st team all state last year) in Section IV. Tackles look good, Cody is a stud. The weak points are the corners. Inexperienced and small. Drew Gallagher is afraid to hit. Offensively they will be disciplined, and smart. KG is the best QB around, and Woolfolk is the best RB besides Weaver. (However they are almost exact opposites) Binghamton is underated this year. Good RB's and a good O line. Crowley is a beast. This will be the game of the year this weekend. Just like UE ME last year. Can't wait, great football!!!

Like it or not, ME is the best coached team around. That is not up for debate.

{snip}

Linebackers in Woolfolk and Story are the best in Section IV, and Adam Gallagher and Garbelmen both are very good. Wisniewski as we all know is the best free safety(1st team all state last year) in Section IV

Not up for debate? I'll admit the staff is great, but other schools around here have pretty good coaching staffs too. Heck, with the talent M-E had last year any football coach at any level in the area would have coached them to 13-0 last year. As for the mentioned players above bring the best in the section, it's certainly possible but that is as objective as anything as there are other very talented players in the area in the same positions.

Dude, subjective essentially means opinion, objective is measured and not debatable. My heavens...

Yep, you got me. My bad. Shamefully too.

Still, you know what I meant.

Guest sasquash

I'm not reading you. Are you saying that Adam Gallagher is not really 6'2"? I know the kid from Basketball. He's every bit of 6'2" and very good..and Kyle is just about 6'5" is that also being disputed? And wasn't it coach Gallagher (NYS coach of the year for the last two consecutive years) that made the program what it is today? As a Vestal guy myself, I'd like to see someone beat the guy too, but you can't just take ridiculous pot-shots at they kids. Theyre all great athletes.

Understood, but look, maybe the youngest isn't where he should be in football, but his profile says he's 6 ft. 175. Again- I've seen him to this summer. He's definitely that big.

And that kid can play some freakin' hoops !! (sorry- I know this is a football post...)

http://www.mespartanfootball.com/index.php/component/gridiron/player/119

Just sayin tho... I don't know the dad, but the kids are really nice kids and good athletes. I really don't think it's a "daddy" thing with these guys. I think theyre just that good..

Nepotism at its best... At least at Bing playing time based on merit!

Not up for debate? I'll admit the staff is great, but other schools around here have pretty good coaching staffs too. Heck, with the talent M-E had last year any football coach at any level in the area would have coached them to 13-0 last year. As for the mentioned players above bring the best in the section, it's certainly possible but that is as objective as anything as there are other very talented players in the area in the same positions.

best coached really..... Kind of like PE wee football.... time will tell..... honest ME over rated they will be beat soundly

Guest sasquaash

This is so silly..... the game will speak for itself.......

Disagree.......ME sparents don't need anymore help looking stupid........they do a fine job themselves. More drama and politics in ME athletics than anywhere. Just ask around

M.E. is a lock in B also. The best teams in the area regardless of size are ranked in the preseason as follows

1. U.E

2. M.E.

3. Corning

4. Vestal

5. Binghamton

6. Elmira

7. Chenango Forks

8. Johnson City

9 Waverly

10 CV

Looks like someone overrated Corning a wee bit.

Name a better linebacker than Crowley or Woolfolk? A better QB than D1 offered Kyle Gallagher? Then I will believe you

I'll take Reggie Williams at LB.

Where did Kyle Gallagher get a D1 offer?

Name a better linebacker than Crowley or Woolfolk? A better QB than D1 offered Kyle Gallagher? Then I will believe you

I'd be tossed between Woolfolk and Williams. TOUGH to choose twixt those two. I'd put Zimmer ahead of Crowley.

Wake up. There's a world outside of Endwell.

I'd be tossed between Woolfolk and Williams. TOUGH to choose twixt those two. I'd put Zimmer ahead of Crowley.

Wake up. There's a world outside of Endwell.

Williams showed nothing against BHS. It's hard to even remember that he played in that game. Crowley is going to make a name for himself this year.

Williams showed nothing against BHS. It's hard to even remember that he played in that game. Crowley is going to make a name for himself this year.

Let's wrestle...

Williams showed nothing against BHS. It's hard to even remember that he played in that game

That happens. Just about every one of M-E's stars had at least one game like that last season.

Not up for debate? I'll admit the staff is great, but other schools around here have pretty good coaching staffs too.

For every decent HS coach around here I'll show you 3 who are completely incompetent. M-E seems to have an above average staff. Considering average is not very good, I guess you could say they're lucky. The real test will be when they don't have more talent than most teams they play. Then we'll find out how good the coaches are. I have more respect right now for CF and Walton, they've done it consistently for 25 years, M-E is a couple years in.

For every decent HS coach around here I'll show you 3 who are completely incompetent. M-E seems to have an above average staff. Considering average is not very good, I guess you could say they're lucky. The real test will be when they don't have more talent than most teams they play. Then we'll find out how good the coaches are. I have more respect right now for CF and Walton, they've done it consistently for 25 years, M-E is a couple years in.

Crooks is the only good coach on that staff.

They've done it consistently for more than that. According to their game programs and articles in the papers Walton has had just 3 losing seasons since Hoover's took the helm in 1977 and Forks has had just 6 losing seasons in the last 48 seasons.

M-E is certainly moving in the right direction. After being mediocre for about 20 years they've had just 2 losing seasons since 1995 when Dick Russ came to town in 1996. He, Wagstaff, Touhey and now Gallagher have done a fine job turning that program around and keeping it. Am I forgetting an M-E head coach?

Archived