Rumble Ponies

buccaqueen

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

636137729828773694-20161103-BGM-Rumble-P

I still say the logo on the left isn't bad. It's a professional design and no weirder than other minor league teams. I'd wear it on a t-shirt to a game. It would probably be an acceptable conversation starter with divorced soccer moms out of town, too, since at least 1 a day is going to inevitably look at it and go... "...rumble ponies?" ...and the story is actually cute and makes Binghamton sound like a charming and historic family town instead of a den of crazed smackheads glazed in a half-century of stagnant rainwater and dirty snow.

The other hats in that picture are... well, boy, they're really special. Bless their hearts. Is that B supposed to be poledancing on a carousel?

Still can't get a straight answer as to if the team is still affiliated with the NY Mets organization or not. My bet is NO and if they are, I would bet it won't be for long. I give this franchise 2 years tops here before they fold. The B-Mets had a hard enough time drawing people unless it was $2 beer night or fireworks and that's for an MLB farm team. Maybe they'll have Kissing cousins night - where they can have the cousins French kiss on the big board to win a Rumble Ponies Coozie....or even better yet, if you have more than six teeth AND can prove it....you win a free hotdog with a purchase of an 8 dollar beer......smh.....What's next? The Dixie Hotel's Travelling Pedophiles Hockey team next??? This city and county are an effin disgrace.

The Binghamton Rumble Ponies (Ugh) are still the AA affiliate for the NY Mets who will provide the Binghamton franchise with players for the Mets organization.

http://newyork.mets.mlb.com/mlb/news/prospects/index.jsp?c_id=nym

Still can't get a straight answer as to if the team is still affiliated with the NY Mets organization or not. My bet is NO and if they are, I would bet it won't be for long. I give this franchise 2 years tops here before they fold. The B-Mets had a hard enough time drawing people unless it was $2 beer night or fireworks and that's for an MLB farm team. Maybe they'll have Kissing cousins night - where they can have the cousins French kiss on the big board to win a Rumble Ponies Coozie....or even better yet, if you have more than six teeth AND can prove it....you win a free hotdog with a purchase of an 8 dollar beer......smh.....What's next? The Dixie Hotel's Travelling Pedophiles Hockey team next??? This city and county are an effin disgrace.

LMAO.....

Race horses, also called ponies, rumble down the stretch before they reach the finish line. So Rumble Ponies can be a carousel reference as well as athletic prowess and determination. It is also gender neutral. Lest we forget, the most prominent race horse owner from our area is Willis Sharpe Kilmer, owner of 1918 Kentucky Derby winner and Racing Hall of Fame member Exterminator. One of the greatest thoroughbreds of all time lived and is buried in Binghamton. The Kilmer building overlooks the stadium. And have you seen pictures of Binghamton at the turn of the 20th century? Horses were the main mode of transportation.

I like the name. Which hat will you all wear?

636137729828773694-20161103-BGM-Rumble-P

Thomas where you on the board that came up with this ???

• 2 weeks later...

Archived