Liebous still screwing the public

joehill7469

Looks like Tommy boy is still screwing the public even after he's gone, his family found a judge to throw out his lying conviction and now the state taxpayers have to pay back all the money he was fined. He's probably in hell smiling.

Sorry Joe, thats how the law works. If it bothers you so much then run for office and get the law changed.

BOHICA

ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) -- New York taxpayers may have to pay more than $700,000 to cover the legal expenses of a state lawmaker whose conviction on charges of lying to the FBI was vacated after his death.

Former Republican Sen. Thomas Libous, of Binghamton, was convicted in 2015 of lying about what prosecutors said was a scheme to funnel money from a lobbyist to his son.

Libous died of cancer in 2016 before he completed his appeal. The conviction was later overturned by an appeals court, which also ordered $50,000 in fines be returned to his estate.

Reports say that under New York law the state is required to pay the legal bills of government workers or lawmakers who beat criminal charges related to their official duties.

I agree. Too bad Libous didn't live long enough to see jail time. After he was being investigated, he still got re elected! That doesn't say much about the voters in this area.

Well, another way to look at it is maybe voters in this area were way ahead of the curve in knowing the FBI, lead by Comey, were a bunch of corrupt scumbags. And I was no fan of Libous.

NY politicians are all the same. I met Chuck Schumer once, when he deigned to come to Binghamton. He literally had more face paint and hairspray to look good for the cameras than I had ever seen.

Now, being what I am, I get looking nice, but that was so false. He boomed in, did some photo ops, and left with an entourage.

Disappointing. I thought he might have had a cup of coffee and talked to us.

Archived