Incident at UE High School

There is something going on there right now.  Multiple police agencies there - I counted at least 8 cars.  I saw one young man in hand cuffs getting patted down.  Anyone with a scanner know what happened?

At 12:20 p.m., Union-Endicott Central School District superintendent Suzanne McLeod said, the high school principal initiated a lockdown due to the "unanticipated visitor to the building."

I wouldn't call an adult threatening a high school student an "unanticipated visitor to the building." He's an intruder that has an intention. Why else would he sneak in with other students and threaten he had a gun and is looking for his girlfriend. Even if he didn't have a firearm or weapon, they locked the kids in without knowing 100% of the firearm for over an hour?

WBNG just showcased th absolute worst and most counterproductive parent behavior ever by U-E parents. Whether there's a threat or not, the LAST THING parents should do is go to the school and muck things up for law enforcement. Morons. Yes you have a right to know what's going on- but not until the incident is over. Listening to and seeing these obese ignoramuses on TV, it's no wonder our society is in such decline.

1 hour ago, ThelmaHarper said:

WBNG just showcased th absolute worst and most counterproductive parent behavior ever by U-E parents. Whether there's a threat or not, the LAST THING parents should do is go to the school and muck things up for law enforcement. Morons. Yes you have a right to know what's going on- but not until the incident is over. Listening to and seeing these obese ignoramuses on TV, it's no wonder our society is in such decline.

I didn't see that on TV, but I saw it online. Someone posted a full video taken over WBNG's shoulder in comments where she was actually much calmer through most of it and was making a larger point that the parents resent the superintendent for supposedly constantly locking down the school and never disclosing to the parents or kids why it happened, leaving everyone constantly on edge.

I'm not take a side in it, but it did seem like very selective editing by WBNG. She's apparently lost a child before and was especially upset for that reason.

I am truly sorry for any parent that loses a child. But I still maintain that parents need to step back stay away and let schools and police handle it. And I actually feel bad for the superintendent in thi situation. If they lock down like they did and like chief garry said they should angry parents who think they can do the job better get upset and vocal and if they didn't lock down, angry parents who think they can do the job better get upset and vocal.

2 hours ago, ThelmaHarper said:

I am truly sorry for any parent that loses a child. But I still maintain that parents need to step back stay away and let schools and police handle it. And I actually feel bad for the superintendent in thi situation. If they lock down like they did and like chief garry said they should angry parents who think they can do the job better get upset and vocal and if they didn't lock down, angry parents who think they can do the job better get upset and vocal.

Agreed. I have no idea if what she's saying is even accurate.

I just think WBNG would have been better off not quoting her at all than picking an out-of-context portion that made it sound like she was hysterically demanding to get into the school.

Saw this on FB/Greater Binghamton Today...thought it apropos to this situation.

Public Service Announcement

Hopefully you won't ever need this. It was provided via a friend who works in "Public Safety"

If there's ever a lock down at your kids school..

1) don't go to the school, you may become an additional target
2) don't call the school, this ties up lines of communication needed for emergency responders to gather info from inside
3) don't stand outside gawking, you will be in the way of responding personnel
4) God forbid it ever happens... educate your kids to LISTEN to their teacher/staff and NOT text everyone and their brother that there's a lockdown. That ties up cell networks for police computers and law enforcement responding.
5) it is NOT the responsibility of anyone to give you a play by play. The top priority is to keep the children and staff safe. The schools will make notifications when it is safe and feasible for them to do so.