$500 for a ticket to the Dick's Open

PeteMoss

$500.  Food and beer included.  Are they kidding?   $1,000 for a couple?  WTH?

Included means that they will have a few burn pits running.  You will be waiting in a 100 foot line to get your burned hot dog. 

The beer line will be staffed by 2 guys over the age of 70.

This is crazy.

1 minute ago, ginger said:

HH&K isn't doing their thing on Saturday?

Doesn't look like it.

After reading the whole article, there are some serious issues. 

You will need a negative Covid test within 72 hours of going to Open or an Excelsior Pass.

You have to bring a chair and Social distance at the concert. 

No corporate tents.  Cabanas instead.

" All tickets will be digital, which will facilitate any contact tracing that may be required." Sounds like they are going to track your phone?   Wow.  The Health Department will be doing a lot of contact tracing.  You could be quarantined for 10 days because you were at the event. 

What I don't understand is, if you need a Vaccine or Negative test to get in, then why do they still have all the screening stuff at that front gate? 

Temp Check / Full Questionnaire etc... wouldn't the above eliminate the need for those since if you don't have either you can't get in

Pete - Where did you find the Ticket Costs? 

Brace for an event unlike any previous PGA Tour-sanctioned tournament staged in Broome County when Dick’s Sporting Goods Open week commences June 28.

Most notably shared by tournament director John Karedes on Thursday at En-Joie Golf Course:

• The Friday night concert tradition will be upheld with three-time CMA Vocal Group of the Year Old Dominion performing July 2 off the 18th green.
  • There will be no single-day tickets for the July 2-3-4 tournament proper, only three-day, all-inclusive tickets at a cost of $500 each.

“It’s for the three days and it’s all-inclusive of parking, food, beverage, premium open bar. You don’t have to reach into your pocket the whole time you’re here unless you want to buy a hat or a shirt,” Karedes said. “It’s the concert, it’s everything from soup to nuts.”

Those digital tickets will be transferable, as in, for those so inclined, you attend Friday and pass along to another to attend Saturday, and so on for Sunday.

https://www.pressconnects.com/story/sports/2021/04/15/dicks-sporting-goods-open-pga-tour-champions-endicott-old-dominion/7233251002/?fbclid=IwAR0i0NpTYC_-CqPbbxNXKxskANOg7JgEZAR5SI-3xk5tJoLxjfsYHXnHSlk

I looked up and answered the questions regarding the Excelsior Pass.  I "thought" this would be a pass based on the fact that it is 14 days after my second shot.  I was "WRONG"

First I had to select the date of my second shot from a list of 5 days. I did.  Then I had to select the county I received the shot in, It was one of the choices.  They know all about you.

It would not give me a pass because it was more than 3 days since my last PCR Covid test.

You could buy a $500 ticket not qualify for the pass and end up getting the shaft by not having a test at the correct time.

There are going to be some really upset people who get turned away at the gate.

Pete - I just got my and my wife's passes with no problem at all.   We had our 2nd shots early March.  We were not asked about any Covid testing.  The pass came up on the website after approval, I down loaded the app and it took a picture of the pass and it is on my phone. I also printed out the pass just in case.  Only puzzling thing is that the pass expires 9/3/2021. WTF?

3 hours ago, PeteMoss said:

It worked.  Mine is good until 9/29/2021.

Interesting that your bio includes the phrase "Ignorance is NOT a virtue," yet you're proudly proclaiming that you volunteered to be a lab rat for an experimental gene therapy disguised as a vaccine that has killed more than 3,000 people so far. Seems to me you're OK with ignorance. How many more professional health care providers and scientists have to say "don't get the 'vaccine' under any circumstances" before people will pay attention?