Family Court Primary results

Maron

I don't view this as overwhelming support for any of the candidates moving on to the November election. 

While Mara Grace got the most votes in the Democratic primary, the Liberals did not support her, and she did not win a Working Families line.

Sandy Monachino did not get as many Democratic votes as Grace, but he will appear on two lines, as he came in second in the Working Families primary.

The big loser is Timothy Thayne, who many feel had no business in this race.  He did run a campaign, but came in last place, even behind Peter Charnetsky, who did not run a campaign.

Democratic Primary:

Mara Grace:  2,349 - 31.59%

Sandy Monachino: 2,225 - 29.92%

Joshua Shapiro:  1,243 - 16.71%

Pete Charnetsky:  825 - 11.09%

Timothy Thayne:  784 - 10.54%

Working Families Primary:

Joshua Shapiro:  20 - 44.44%

Sandy Monachino:  19 - 42.22%

Mara Grace: 4 - 8.89%

Timothy Thayne:  2 - 4.44%

This played out exactly as I thought. 

Mara Grace’s campaign started out rocky but got better over the months. She will have trouble with the liberal wing of the party, who she’s been bad mouthing for several weeks. She’s been insulting Josh Shapiro and Citizen Action publicly. Without their get out the vote efforts, in an off year, it could hurt Grace in November.

Sam Monachino got one of the seats as expected. 

Josh Shapiro really got screwed over by Mara Grace. Shapiro went to the Democratic Party almost a year ago about running in this years election. He began to assemble his campaign team last August. He didn’t expect so many candidates, and did not expect Grace to get in the race. 

Tim Thayne just embarrassed himself. His campaign was horrible from the beginning. His awful 10 minute video was cringeworthy. And all his misspellings of words like EXPERIENCE showed he didn’t belong in this race. Plus, his job at the DA’s office, while the office has been under scrutiny almost all year, did not help him.

I got out of Citizen Action years ago but I agree Mara Grace will have a problem with the progressive wing of the party. She’s been throwing insults at us all year. 

For Thayne to spend money and lose so bad was hilarious. Pete C didn’t spend a dime and beat him. Thayne was one of the worst campaigns I’ve ever seen.

Even though his name wasn’t on the ballot the big loser of the day was Mike Korchak, who wants to run for re-election as a Democrat in a couple years.

Thayne, one of his senior ADA’s, came in last place yesterday. Thayne had money, had dedicated volunteers, had a good story to tell, and as it was pointed out even used Korchak’s campaign team. And the voters said, we don’t give a shit where you work, or who your boss is.

If I were Korchak, I’d be re-thinking my future plans.

• 3 months later...

How come the “family court” thread and the recent thread today titled about Mara Young Grace gets deleted? Bcvoice has been helping Mara Grace filter out any bad press on here. What is disappointing is that the “Family Court”  thread had info that helped voters decide but due to the thread mentioning Mara this site removed it. The site administrators shouldn’t Cave into one candidates demands but yet allow other threads trash another candidate. Also, this would be required to be reported to the State for her campaign as a Gift 

12 hours ago, 92CorruptCourtStreet said:

How come the “family court” thread and the recent thread today titled about Mara Young Grace gets deleted? Bcvoice has been helping Mara Grace filter out any bad press on here. What is disappointing is that the “Family Court”  thread had info that helped voters decide but due to the thread mentioning Mara this site removed it. The site administrators shouldn’t Cave into one candidates demands but yet allow other threads trash another candidate. Also, this would be required to be reported to the State for her campaign as a Gift 

Well maybe Mara runs the BC Voice!!!  If she did she would bar minorities just like she moved to Endwell so her kids wouldn't have to go to school with the unclean minority kids in the BCSD, its much better in the Endwell SD.  

25 minutes ago, ExBinger said:

Well maybe Mara runs the BC Voice!!!  If she did she would bar minorities just like she moved to Endwell so her kids wouldn't have to go to school with the unclean minority kids in the BCSD, its much better in the Endwell SD.  

Exactly, her brother Judge Mark young who she doesn’t want any voters to know about during her campaign sends his daughter Regan Young to a $50 thousand dollar a year boarding school in St.Petersburg Florida called Admiral Farragut Academy. Maybe Mara will do the same if she is elected . 

https://www.facebook.com/gossip607/photos/a.108838567445983/268302421499596/?type=3

14 hours ago, 92CorruptCourtStreet said:

The irony is that one of the first threads where I noticed this happening recently opened with the BCVoice account bragging up the site's commitment to free speech and opposition to censorship.

Mighty strange doings around here.