Kraham/Burns Chamber debate… a clear winner

Binghamton Native

No reasonable person who watches this video can possibly think Joe Burns is the better candidate. https://www.facebook.com/BinghamtonChamber/videos/925309788085574/

Kraham comes off as sharp, intelligent and prepared to be mayor. Burns is incoherent, unfocused and rambles on and on.

If you know Joe Burns, or his family, and want to vote for him, that’s up to you. But if we are being honest, this video, along with Burns’ 20 year history of financial delinquency, makes it clear… Jared Kraham is the better candidate and would be a better mayor.

During the debate Joe Burns is quick to say the city has four years to spend the American Rescue Plan funding from Washington. So when it comes to spending our money he knows the deadlines, but when it comes to his money, legal action needs to be taken for him to make a payment. 

How long did you have to pay your taxes Joe?

How long did you have to pay your mortgage Joe?

How long did you have to pay your credit card bills Joe?

8B647316-493F-46E7-9FD0-9D383A6D8B9A.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

I was undecided in the Binghamton mayor's race until I saw Joe Burns new commercial last night.  He put Donald Trump in it.  So unnecessary.  I get what his point was, but there's no need for Mr. Trump in a Binghamton mayor's race TV commercial.

I thought maybe Jared Kraham was too young.  But with Burns financial issues, and his fearmongering with Trump in his commercial, I will vote Kraham.