CVS, Walgreens lock shelves

thomas

A CVS employee said the official closing date is scheduled to be November 29 but the store could be shut down two weeks sooner.

Read More: After 97 Years, Court Street Site Will No Longer Have Drug Store | https://wnbf.com/after-97-years-court-street-site-will-no-longer-have-drug-store/?utm_source=tsmclip&utm_medium=referral

Don't know why that CVS closing but...Walgreens, the second-largest pharmacy chain in the United States with nearly 9,000 outlets, will close five stores in San Francisco due to what the company called “organized retail crime.” Walgreens closed a location on Van Ness Avenue in San Francisco a year ago after the store was losing $1,000 a day in stolen merchandise, the San Francisco Chronicle reported.

https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/theft-sanfrancisco-crime-walgreens/2021/10/12/id/1040238/

Re: the ones in CA closing due to overwhelming theft, here we go! 

How long will it take the snowflakes to start complaining about "pharmacy deserts", due to ghetto thieves. 

I saw a pic online last spring, I think, that showed full faces of 5 black women running across a parking lot after stealing A LOT of stuff from CVS.

• 1 year later...

u2b3vNz.jpg

The policy means people interested in buying something must first track down a store employee to unlock the display.
Binghamton police last March released video clips showing three people loading bags with Dove brand soap products during a quick visit to a Walgreens store on Pennsylvania Avenue on the South Side. An investigator said the stolen items were valued at $240.

CVS Pharmacy has closed three Binghamton stores in recent years. The last city store to be shut down was on West State Street on the North Side. Workers at the store told shoppers the decision to close the location was related to the high number of shoplifting incidents.

Read More: Binghamton CVS, Walgreens Shops Lock Shelves to Fight Shoplifting | https://wnbf.com/binghamton-cvs-walgreens-lock-shelves-fight-shoplifting/?utm_source=tsmclip&utm_medium=referral

• thomas changed the title to CVS, Walgreens lock shelves

I stopped in at that Court Street Dollar General Store to get a bottle of Aspirin and I noticed the locked shelves. At the checkout I also noticed underwear on shelves behind the the counter and asked the cashier what that was all about . Underwear and Deodorant were in the top 10 items that were stolen. I have also watched as young people take loaves of bread and cold cuts , make sandwiches and eat as their browsing  the aisles. The grocery carts are left full sitting, in the aisles as the thieves leaves the store with full bellies.