ME Football Controversy

DanCooper

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, GTO said:

I told you guys I'd be surprised, and I'm surprised.   I do suspect there is an appeal process etc but will be interesting to see how it all plays out.  The team will still make the playoffs etc.. I do feel very badly for the kid, he's caught up in a mess not of his creating... 

How old is the kid who was "caught up in a mess not of his creating" ?  17 or 18?  Quit making excuses for him.  He knows what he did was wrong.

But you have no feelings for the student who lost out as QB?   How strange.   

3 minutes ago, PeteMoss said:

How old is the kid who was "caught up in a mess not of his creating" ?  17 or 18?  Quit making excuses for him.  He knows what he did was wrong.

But you have no feelings for the student who lost out as QB?   How strange.   

I don’t think the kid should be blamed here. This falls on the admins, who obviously say who can play - or not.

On edit: Sure, the parents played a small part.

8 minutes ago, PeteMoss said:

That’s black and white - ALL wins. JC is a loss now. This has to be because the kid was still rostered. But they had begun the appeal process by that point - this is surprising. The appeal loss isn’t. 

Just now, GTO said:

I am going to bail out on the convo and my blood pressure is elevating.  I will leave you fellas with the hope that everyone stay above board.  The kid(s) involved here are GREAT KID(S) and it is a shame that it wasn't handled differently.   ✌️

So if the adults are the ones responsible, then it is up to the School Board to do something about it. 

34 minutes ago, DanCooper said:

Let’s fault the adults - not the kids.

41 minutes ago, Uranus said:

Mara Grace moved to ME so her kids didn’t have to go to school with the “scumbags” in Binghamton. 

D651E272-3583-4E9B-8454-2356C503CC5A.png

Wow Chris Grace has gained a lot of weight look at his Gut, not surprised since his Facebook Page is constantly filled with posts about making Foood!!!!

WBNG updated their article and sources. Getting pretty ugly. An apartment lease and utility bill were apparently provided to the district before enrollment was approved. Seems like it's more a question of whether the student is actually living in the apartment?

https://wbng.com/2021/10/26/maine-endwell-football-to-forfeit-all-current-wins-of-2021-season/

12 minutes ago, Hank Mitchell said:

WBNG updated their article and sources. Getting pretty ugly. An apartment lease and utility bill were apparently provided to the district before enrollment was approved. Seems like it's more a question of whether the student is actually living in the apartment?

https://wbng.com/2021/10/26/maine-endwell-football-to-forfeit-all-current-wins-of-2021-season/

Or if the parents are living in the apartment as well. The NYSSPHAA Handbook requires that as a varsity athlete when you move to another district, you need move with the people you've been living with for the previous 6 months (unless you've been abandoned by those people.) Given that the athlete's father has filed a lawsuit, I don't think the athlete has been abandoned.

The documents provided (apartment lease and utility bill) are adequate and legal for school enrollment, but athletic eligibility has different requirements. The AD is responsible for ensuring athletic eligibility.

Section 31, Page 47-48

https://nysphsaa.org/documents/2021/9/10//NYSPHSAA_Handbook_002.pdf

8 hours ago, Hank Mitchell said:

I'd like to know what proof was gathered to support their position that the apartment is not being inhabited by the student and parents. Did someone hire a PI to follow the family's movements? Just because they still own property in the Vestal CSD can't be all they have against them. 

Possibly someone staked out their home in Vestal.

14 hours ago, Bingking said:

Wow Chris Grace has gained a lot of weight look at his Gut, not surprised since his Facebook Page is constantly filled with posts about making Foood!!!!

Well I was in the BinghamTroit area over the summer, and lets just say that not many people in town are on a fitness regimen.  

It's like "when do we eat?" gets asked every hour.  

19 hours ago, DanCooper said:

The story is referencing a now deleted tweet as it’s source. Some A1 reporting there. Of course no credit given to BCV.

I was given the OK to Tweet the information, but about an hour later I was asked by the same Section 4 official to delete it, which I promptly did.