Jordan Ringden and Ron Kweller arrested for rape & drug charges 2/23/2022

Joe Friday

57 minutes ago, ginger said:

Did you read the charges? What does "Unlawfully dealing with a child in the first degree mean?"

While I'm a huge Law and Order fan, I'm afraid I have not watched too much Law and Order SVU. I don't have the stomach for it.

ok, here it is...https://www.nyccriminalattorneys.com/new-york-penal-law-260-20-unlawfully-dealing-child-first-degree/#:~:text=A person can be charged,a controlled substance or marijuana.

It looks like 18 or less for sex and drugs and under 21 for alcohol.

Yeah. My understanding was that the complainant is 19. The age of consent in NY appears to be 17 in all cases, and her employment status doesn't play into it. I believe in most states, it's 16.

Footnote: that article misses an important point, which is that qualifying "sexual activity" defined in the statute is limited to some specific statutes about rape, prostitution, and child sex crimes. Unless there was a 17-year-old hanging out with them while the rape was occurring, it's definitely about the alcohol. It's the same charge you'd get for buying beer for a teenager at a gas station.

My understanding was that the drug charges are, separately, related to cocaine.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Bingoloid said:

Yeah. My understanding was that the complainant is 19. The age of consent in NY appears to be 17 in all cases, and her employment status doesn't play into it. I believe in most states, it's 16.

Footnote: that article misses an important point, which is that qualifying "sexual activity" defined in the statute is limited to some specific statutes about rape, prostitution, and child sex crimes. Unless there was a 17-year-old hanging out with them while the rape was occurring, it's definitely about the alcohol. It's the same charge you'd get for buying beer for a teenager at a gas station.

My understanding was that the drug charges are, separately, related to cocaine.

So Ringden got the girls coked up huh, I’m suprised no drug charges for the roofies if that was true . No wonder that’s what it took, after viewing photos of Leor and Ron one would have to resort to those methods to get girls. Someone should break the news to the school he is a teacher at they would hate to hear this.

I watched the videotape of Paul Battisti walking out of the courthouse with his clients he was all red in the face and I bet he was shocked that korchak stooped to the level he did when he hit them with those superseding indictment charges in the way that he did at the court hearing for the first charges 

Sexual abuse in the first degree.. the victim is physically helpless or the perpetrator uses force.

Tied up, held down, or immobilized by drugs?

Which is it?

49 minutes ago, 92CorruptCourtStreet said:

So Ringden got the girls coked up huh, I’m suprised no drug charges for the roofies if that was true . No wonder that’s what it took, after viewing photos of Leor and Ron one would have to resort to those methods to get girls. Someone should break the news to the school he is a teacher at they would hate to hear this.

I watched the videotape of Paul Battisti walking out of the courthouse with his clients he was all red in the face

Yeah. The charge would be "facilitating a sex offense with a controlled substance". That they didn't go that route doesn't mean there was no roofie, but it probably does mean there is no good evidence, which can happen if somebody doesn't know to get the right tests done. Tying perpetrators to the drugs can also be nearly impossible.

Proving she was drugged would be beneficial, but it's not necessary. If the story really is that she was drugged and unconscious - which is just a rumor we've all heard - then they don't actually need to explain why she was unconscious.

Poor Paul. His voicemail used to be full of bill collectors. Now it's probably full of angry townspeople with torches and pitchforks.

44 minutes ago, Bingoloid said:

Yeah. The charge would be "facilitating a sex offense with a controlled substance". That they didn't go that route doesn't mean there was no roofie, but it probably does mean there is no good evidence, which can happen if somebody doesn't know to get the right tests done. Tying perpetrators to the drugs can also be nearly impossible.

Proving she was drugged would be beneficial, but it's not necessary. If the story really is that she was drugged and unconscious - which is just a rumor we've all heard - then they don't actually need to explain why she was unconscious.

Poor Paul. His voicemail used to be full of bill collectors. Now it's probably full of angry townspeople with torches and pitchforks.

And it supposedly turned violent is the other rumor. Also it’s a matter of time to come forward for some drugs to be detected in a time frame . But yes certain test yield differ results 

Did I really just hear Korchak right??? Did he just say that they are not a flight risk when the Kweller Brothers own property all over, including one primarily residing in NYC?? 

How did he come to the conclusion they aren't a flight risk? 

• 11 months later...
On 3/31/2022 at 4:25 PM, Dee Bradley Baker said:

It appears that Yaron and Leor's charges were also increased, from rape in the third degree to rape in the first degree. If found guilty, it carries a minimum sentence of 5 years, and a maximum of 25 I believe. 

277783062_376364737830746_46040340210444373_n.jpg

Well? I thought 1st degree means they were tied up,held down or incapacitated by drugs and FORCED to do things they didn't want to do.

Btw, I reread all of the threads related to this case, screen shot some posts. I suggest you do as well keeping in mind, I have no political skin in this game.

I do not have access to any video if it exists. I have not seen a video, I have only heard that there was one. I doubt there is. 

After the absolutely disgusting sentencing against the former executive assistant to Cornwell and reaction about the mass murderer from Conklin (among many other things), nothing Korchak "pushes" surprises me. I think he is crooked beyond measure. It would not shock me if he hid the text & DNA evidence just to get another conviction under his belt before election time. All Korchak seems to care about is re-election and high conviction rates. 

Not to change the subject, but Worhach sentenced to 2-4 years in state prison...? WHAT?! So so many other people who commit serious offenses get less time than that and aren't serving their time in a state facility either. 

My cousin robbed my grandmother years ago of all of her jewelry. Thousands and thousands of dollars in heirloom family jewelry, gone. Not his first offense by far, and wasn't his last. He didn't get 2-4 years in state prison. 

What's the "chicken wing"video? You, brought it up.

I'm going to have to go back through the posts. It was clear to me at the time, LE had Ringdons phone.