Jordan Ringden and Ron Kweller arrested for rape & drug charges 2/23/2022

Joe Friday

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a leak within the District Attorney's Office, who late last night revealed the arrests would occur today, in response to a strategy session between Korchak and his team yesterday.  Due to growing questions and FOIL requests from the media, related to his spending tax dollars on self promotional ads, Korchak demanded the arrests happen today.  Korchak schemed to give everyone something else to talk about, and the media something else to report.  The "wag the dog" strategy has been used in politics for decades.  

This does add up.  Finally, after three months, and absolutely no updates, criminal charges are filed one day after Korchak's spending scandal comes to light?  This stinks.

7 minutes ago, MSU Bobcat said:

In Korchak's office, politics and publicity are now determining public safety?  He should be ashamed of himself and removed from office. 

The bigger question is can the DA’s office successfully prosecute these cases with the firepower they will be up against? Or is Korchak content with just making charges and losing down the road? Let’s face it, this won’t be as easy as going against Emily.

Binghamton police say two owners of a popular downtown bar have been arrested following an investigation into a November incident.

Authorities late Wednesday afternoon announced that 41-year-old Yaron Kweller of Vestal has been charged with third-degree rape, a felony. They said 33-year-old Jordan Rindgen of Binghamton has been charged with two felony counts of criminal sale of a controlled substance.

12 minutes ago, DanCooper said:

The bigger question is can the DA’s office successfully prosecute these cases with the firepower they will be up against? Or is Korchak content with just making charges and losing down the road? Let’s face it, this won’t be as easy as going against Emily.

I know a lot of people have been frustrated with the pace of this investigation, and I've been frustrated with the lack of communication with the public, but I've got to say again:

Investigating and proving sexual assault is hard. Investigating and proving drug-facilitated sexual assault, which often leaves a victim who has few or no physical injuries and can't fully testify to what happened to them because there are gaps in their memory, is much harder.

It takes time, and if the FBI was involved, it was likely because BPD needed technical knowledge that they just don't have in-house. One of the only real expert witnesses on the chemistry and biology behind "date rape drugs", who literally wrote the 320-page textbook on the topic, is a high-ranking FBI agent with a doctorate in toxicology who works out of Washington. It's a highly specialized area.

Double jeopardy is a cornerstone of the Constitution, and for very good reason. If you want justice and you don't want another Cal Harris shit-show, it means you want the state to work patiently and bring the receipts so that every member of a jury will, after hearing every single piece of evidence get beat up on cross-examination by a very expensive defense team, still go into deliberations confident that they understand what happened.

If it turns out to be true that this case is still half-baked and was rushed for political reasons, that is horrible, but I'm going to pick a lane for now and be glad they actually worked the case and we're seeing movement. There are jurisdictions in this country where DFSA victims are told that there is nothing to be done because the police and prosecutors just don't even know how to start, and then that's the end of it.

17 minutes ago, Bingoloid said:

I know a lot of people have been frustrated with the pace of this investigation, and I've been frustrated with the lack of communication with the public, but I've got to say again:

Investigating and proving sexual assault is hard. Investigating and proving drug-facilitated sexual assault, which often leaves a victim who has few or no physical injuries and can't fully testify to what happened to them because there are gaps in their memory, is much harder.

It takes time, and if the FBI was involved, it was likely because BPD needed technical knowledge that they just don't have in-house. One of the only real expert witnesses on the chemistry and biology behind "date rape drugs", who literally wrote the 320-page textbook on the topic, is a high-ranking FBI agent with a doctorate in toxicology who works out of Washington. It's a highly specialized area.

Double jeopardy is a cornerstone of the Constitution, and for very good reason. If you want justice and you don't want another Cal Harris shit-show, it means you want the state to work patiently and bring the receipts so that every member of a jury will, after hearing every single piece of evidence get beat up on cross-examination by a very expensive defense team, still go into deliberations confident that they understand what happened.

If it turns out to be true that this case is still half-baked and was rushed for political reasons, that is horrible, but I'm going to pick a lane for now and be glad they actually worked the case and we're seeing movement. There are jurisdictions in this country where DFSA victims are told that there is nothing to be done because the police and prosecutors just don't even know how to start, and then that's the end of it.

Dead men tell no tales. In that respect, Cal’s case was far different. In this case, things are much different because there are so many more players. I’m guessing someone flipped on the group.

19 minutes ago, Bingoloid said:

Thanks for the laugh. Rape investigations don’t take 3 months. 

46 minutes ago, Bingoloid said:

Some Of the blogs that broke the story said they are rumors of Paul Battisti representing kweller, if that’s true bye-bye Paul

1 hour ago, DanCooper said:

Dead men tell no tales. In that respect, Cal’s case was far different. In this case, things are much different because there are so many more players. I’m guessing someone flipped on the group.

Very possible.

1 hour ago, Back the Blue said:

Thanks for the laugh. Rape investigations don’t take 3 months. 

There's a whole wide world out there where the problems gathering evidence in DFSA cases are a well-known issue, all the way down to hospitals simply not knowing what to do when a victim comes in, meaning police often do not get key evidence that someone was actually drugged.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/people/health/ct-health-date-rape-drug-facilitated-sexual-assault-20210708-rrh6vog3tbdprm5xjdlixmalhi-story.html

“These cases, I find, are some of the most difficult cases to work,” Koser said. “They’re very involved, and they take a long time to investigate. A lot of people think that these things are solved fast or very quickly, and that’s not always the case. They take time, and that’s one of the things that I tell people, be patient while we go through this process.”

Sometimes investigators get what they need in a few days. Often, they never find what they need at all. Multiple trials are not uncommon, even when there are multiple accusers and witnesses. Google "Jeffrey Marsalis Philadelphia".

Either way, if the working theory here is that the case was solid from the outset and they were just stalling for no reason, but this election law investigation finally forced their hand? Well, good. If the theory is that charges were premature and rushed? Extremely bad. However, it's not likely both at the same time.

BPD just did something half the city has been up their ass about for weeks. I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt until I have a real reason not to. Since some of you seem to have an inside track, by all means, let's see the charging instrument and talk about what's actually in it.

The new press release from the colonial today is so pathetic they blamed the two people arrested for operating their social media account when they originally posted the notice about baseless claims and they’re looking into how they could remove them from ownership and they’re saying that none of the alleged crimes took place on their property. So is the basement theory correct or not is my question and if it did happen in the basement that is still company property 

22 minutes ago, 92CorruptCourtStreet said:

The new press release from the colonial today is so pathetic they blamed the two people arrested for operating their social media account when they originally posted the notice about baseless claims and they’re looking into how they could remove them from ownership and they’re saying that none of the alleged crimes took place on their property. So is the basement theory correct or not is my question and if it did happen in the basement that is still company property 

I hope someone saved that disgusting post for the future civil case. The ownership cabal (even the righteous who bailed) will be held accountable, is my guess.