The stupid BU walkway is open.

WolfMan

I noticed all the barriers are now removed. At least from the college to Clubhouse Road. No idea from MacArthur Park to Clubhouse. Anyone?

I wonder if anyone official will provide truthful stats of usage the next several months. I imagine bicycle riders will use it, student and otherwise, I have my doubts though on walking students being numerous. 

I'd still like to know who's responsible for keeping it clear during periods of snow. We can hardly keep the roads clear. Who's going to be responsible if some kid slips and falls?

I am over there quite frequently - I have yet to see anyone use it.  I sure wouldn't want to try and walk across that Starbuck's entrance.  2pelo Honey, I wouldn't walk there alone either.

My wife and I walked it the other day from the plaza to Binghamton and back.  It was nice to have another option for walks.  As he says in the video, the road noise was distracting, but the river views were nice.  There are also some areas where the drainage looks a bit spotty.  Our overall impression was that there are definitely better options in terms of walking for pleasure/exercise but for bikers, it is a WAY better/safer option than 434. Anything new and even slightly forward thinking is a welcome addition. 

• WolfMan changed the title to The stupid BU walkway is open.
2 hours ago, thomas said:

Saw 5 walkers, 1 bicyclist there yesterday as I drove down the parkway. Waiting for some sort of EV types to pop up. As far as the winter, they should let the weather take its course and not maintain it then in any way I suppose.

Also saw a smattering of people, but see more on Riverside Drive between the hospital and the Soldiers’ Memorial Bridge.