VOTE PAUL BATTISTI FOR BROOME DA!

QueenB

4 hours ago, QueenB said:

Get out and vote everybody!! 3 hours until polls close! 

BCVoice is proud and honored to endorse Paul Battisti for Broome County District Attorney! 

Paul Battisti is the best candidate for DA. He has the ability to make this area better for residents and is a Proven leader

Unfortunately NYS votes blue across the board... All anyone cares about is party lines, they find the letter D and fill the bubbles in all the way down the ballot. 

A win is a win, and I think it's safe to say that Paul Battisti got this one in the bag. I highly doubt Ryan is going to pull 3k+ votes in absentees. 

1 hour ago, WolfMan said:

A small, VERY small, part of me was interested to see how DA Ryan would deal with a case somehow revolving around Wegman’s with him being banned there and all. 😉

😂 I thought about that too. Can you imagine? Broome County being a laughing stock of the state because we elected a DA who can't even grocery shop at Wegmans! 

1 hour ago, 2pelo Honey said:

I still think that damn Dos Rios case revved up the snowflakes to actually go and vote, as they seem to be more reactive than pro.

2pelo, agreed. I think that made a difference in voter turnout too. Overall the voter turnout numbers for this election as a whole were NOT impressive. 

• 1 month later...

I became aware of a situation concerning Wegmans this morning. A planned protest was canceled. I wish I could link you to the FB page of Roderick Douglass for the whole story but for some reason my lap top will not connect to my wireless today. (Been having to reboot or call spectrum frequently lately).

Anyway.. after reading his FB, I think the newly elected DA needs to see if extortion/ racketeering charges fit. Should be a no brainer...and even if it's a stretch, DO IT ANYWAY.

17 minutes ago, ginger said:

I became aware of a situation concerning Wegmans this morning. A planned protest was canceled. I wish I could link you to the FB page of Roderick Douglass for the whole story but for some reason my lap top will not connect to my wireless today. (Been having to reboot or call spectrum frequently lately).

Anyway.. after reading his FB, I think the newly elected DA needs to see if extortion/ racketeering charges fit. Should be a no brainer...and even if it's a stretch, DO IT ANYWAY.

Matt Ryan called it off?

^^^I just screen shot everything...in case it disappears. 

What happened at the BUNDY Museum? 

You know, this is a thing these days. Just yesterday, some Netflix trans actor tried to cause a drama and DELIBERATELY MAKE TROUBLE for a hardworking employee at JFK because he was mispronouned. 

Again, wish I could link to that too.

2 minutes ago, DanCooper said:

Matt Ryan called it off?

No. Allegedly, a black family states they were racially targeted by a Wegman’s employee and became embarrassed when loss prevention/security stepped in.

The manager stated the employee is high strung with everyone and it wasn't racially motivated. Douglass lists the demands and states they were met by management. There's money involved.

Douglass mentions something about the Bundy Museum. I think an investigation should occur to determine if a pattern of extortion exists with this individual(s). Connections? 

1 minute ago, 2pelo Honey said:

This is outrageous…this guy needs to be shut down.

https://www.facebook.com/roderick.strugglass

Thanks for the link Toup...I just did the whole unplug the internet start all over thing...I just had a new modem and router installed. But I'm back up and running..trying to cook a prime rib at the same time...roll eyes, I haven't cooked one of these in a long time...I hope I don't screw it up. 

Not a lawyer but at what point do we call this "resolution" extortion? I suppose I'll have to read the elements of that, again. You'd think after all of these years I'd know them, and the elements of racketeering like the back of my hand. 

That being said...Yesterday, I was at Maines and Family Dollar on Chenango st. I was dressed presentably for shopping...kind of preppy. Hair was set and done, make up on. Followed around both stores the entire time. I don't take it personally. I was irked that I asked for 2 king crab legs and the girl said ok and walked away from me. When she came back she continued filling a container of scallops for another much larger order and completely ignored me. Not sure what that was about. lost the sale. Oh well. I wasn't desperate for those crabs legs since I was purchasing a 6 lb prime rib. It just would have been a nice surprise.

1 minute ago, 2pelo Honey said:

Better to undercook than over. You could call Maines and tell the mgr. You deserve your order as much as anyone else, and aren’t they employee owned now?

No idea. I was just happy to shop without a crowd. 

How about grand theft? I wonder how much Wegmans paid them to not protest. Did you see this..the airport thing?

22 minutes ago, 2pelo Honey said:

I wasn’t happy to see posts about how effective mass shoplifting was…these people are certifiable.

My followers in western NY are praying for snow...so they can go shopping in peace. Greece NY had riots in their Mall and at Target at the same time. The question is...we know the organizer has caused trouble in Ithaca and Rochester. Is he perhaps extorting businesses across the state? I suppose if he were, we'd know because he's not shy about bragging on his FB.

Looks like the Bundy museum was compelled to relinquish some artifacts they had? 

lol, I have a half and hour to review the law before that roast comes out...I think. Lowballing the time so I don't overcook it. Yes I have the meat thermometer in it.

25 minutes ago, 2pelo Honey said:

I think he’s a NYS employee.

Re: Bundy, yes, sounded like they helped themselves.

Enjoy that roast…nothing like the smell of that filling your house.

It smells like Cortese in my home because I stuffed the space between the ribs and the meat with fresh garlic. My mouth is watering, I skipped breakfast...I'm missing those crab legs now! lol The thermometer only says 100 degrees. I have the oven set at 275.

Seriously!!!! I just read the elements of NYS extortion law. I don't see how it doesn't meet the standard for 2nd degree at a minimum. Moving on to first degree and the crime of larceny by extortion.

WHAT DO YOU CALL HOLDING PROPERTY HOSTAGE UNLESS YOU PAY THEM?

THIS NEVER SHOULD HAVE HAPPENED. 

Post edit. iNSTILLING A FEAR OF..."Boycott or other collective action against the victims' business unless the action is for the benefit of the group's interest.

An official position being used to harm a business..ANY OTHER ACT..."

uSE OF THREATS TO INDUCE THE VICTIM TO TAKE OR NOT TAKE CERTAIN ACTIONS.

What do you call it if you coerce Wegmans to issue a public apology via various media sources under threat of "shutting down the store via protest". ? THUS COERCING THEM TO HARM THEIR OWN REPUTATION? 

Listening to Claudia Tenney talk about high value American targets for terrorism. Tomorrow, I'll see f I can make that case.

Is WEGMANS A HIGH VALUE TERRORISM TARGET?

13 hours ago, ginger said:

Listening to Claudia Tenney talk about high value American targets for terrorism. Tomorrow, I'll see f I can make that case.

Is WEGMANS A HIGH VALUE TERRORISM TARGET?

Starting with the definition.

An individual or organization with potential to significantly impact an organization's operations or reputation.

I haven't read terrorism or racketeering materials yet.

I don't think any business should be negotiating with terrorists/Mafia. I think the district attorney should be telling business....

YOU CALL ME FIRST! 

Moving on to Racketeering..

2 predicate offenses within a 10 year period...money laundering, counterfeiting, illegal gambling, BLACKMAIL, FRAUD, BRIBERY, EXTORTION, THEFT. 

This doesn't fit Wegman’s? One incident last year and now this extortion?

Wegman’s sells a lot of international products...some of them fresh/time sensitive product. The loss of those sales yesterday would meet the interstate commerce element. Were they expecting a shipment? Some grocery stores get their fish fresh on Saturdays. I know Weis used to be Tuesday and Friday.