Monroe County NY (Rochester) DA refuses to pull over for speeding ticket, abusive and vulgar to cops

Up until the very end she had a chance to make it right. She could have thanked the officer for only writing the speeding ticket and said sorry to everyone for causing so much drama.

Instead, the last words out of her mouth were basically, Screw you, I'll be prosecuting my own ticket.

Discourteous. Classless, not professional. From what I've been reading, her constituents are sorely disappointed. They really liked the job she was doing, however, I'd say, 9/10 say she has to go.

The way she told the officer that she knows the laws better than he does, yet she continued to drive a good distance with a patrol cars lights & sirens on behind her and directly disobeyed the order to pull over. Which is law, and she knows the laws better than the officers do. She has no argument here besides her entitled Idgaf attitude. I hope they nail her. 

2 hours ago, QueenB said:

The way she told the officer that she knows the laws better than he does, yet she continued to drive a good distance with a patrol cars lights & sirens on behind her and directly disobeyed the order to pull over. Which is law, and she knows the laws better than the officers do. She has no argument here besides her entitled Idgaf attitude. I hope they nail her. 

She kept driving because she was on the phone with the chief telling him to call off his officer. She thought the officer would just go away. She even said when she was on her cell phone, "Can you tell him to just leave me alone?"

He must have said, um no, I can't.

A few people were complaining the chief or supervisor should have made the decision about the charges.

I thought the officer was super courteous and respectful. I think he made the most diplomatic decision he could.

Post edit..I  just read she didn't actually take care of her own ticket.

She had to appear before the Town of Webster court. 

2 hours ago, ginger said:

She kept driving because she was on the phone with the chief telling him to call off his officer. She thought the officer would just go away. She even said when she was on her cell phone, "Can you tell him to just leave me alone?"

He must have said, um no, I can't.

A few people were complaining the chief or supervisor should have made the decision about the charges.

I thought the officer was super courteous and respectful. I think he made the most diplomatic decision he could.

Post edit..I  just read she didn't actually take care of her own ticket.

She had to appear before the Town of Webster court. 

Yes, the officer was extremely reasonable and polite. Frustrated I'm sure but he wasn't rude at all like she was in return. Not shocked she didn't take care of the ticket either. Probably hoping it would disappear. 

2 hours ago, Sooners said:

We're used to corrupt DAs in Broome County with Korchak, but this lady takes it to the next level. 

Honestly 😂 but I pictured Paul Battisti respectfully taking the ticket and telling the officer to have a good day and then going on with his life 

Upstate NY DA deletes social media after criticism for cursing out cop over speeding ticket

“At last check, the comments on all the posts had been flooded with people from around the world calling on her to resign,” WHEC-TV News reporter Jennifer Lewke 

OjpIryT.jpeg

Monroe County DA Sandra Doorley then put the well-meaning cop on the phone with the police chief while calling the officer "an a---hole."

Paul Giovine/WHAM

https://nypost.com/2024/04/28/us-news/ny-da-sandra-doorley-deletes-social-media-after-cursing-out-cop/

4 hours ago, thomas said:

Upstate NY DA deletes social media after criticism for cursing out cop over speeding ticket

“At last check, the comments on all the posts had been flooded with people from around the world calling on her to resign,” WHEC-TV News reporter Jennifer Lewke 

OjpIryT.jpeg

Monroe County DA Sandra Doorley then put the well-meaning cop on the phone with the police chief while calling the officer "an a---hole."

Paul Giovine/WHAM

https://nypost.com/2024/04/28/us-news/ny-da-sandra-doorley-deletes-social-media-after-cursing-out-cop/

👏🏻 👏🏻 👏🏻 Thanks for the update on this! Curious to see what happens! 

Statement from the Governor:  

"District Attorneys are responsible for prosecuting criminal and traffic offenses, and must perform their duties with the highest ethical standards. Earlier today, I referred the Monroe County District Attorney to the Commission on Prosecutorial Conduct following the release of police bodycam footage showing her claiming she is above the law, attempting to use her public office to evade responsibility, and acting unprofessionally towards a police officer simply trying to do his job. In doing so, she was acting in contravention of her responsibility as a District Attorney and undermined her ability to hold others accountable for violating the law. We are deeply grateful to the men and women of law enforcement who put on a uniform each day to protect the safety of all New Yorkers."

-Governor Kathy Hochul 

48 minutes ago, Former Top Cop said:

Her apology video:  

Eh, imo this isn't genuine. She probably didn't expect this situation to gather as much attention as it did and now she has no option but to backtrack and try to save her career. 

This reminds me of when Michael Korchak used $3,000 of taxpayer money to run TV and radio ads featuring himself.  This is illegal.  He could have been charged with a misdemeanor for violating Public Officers Law §73-b, and with felony grand larceny for knowingly misusing the funds.  Korchak himself decided he didn't break the law, and he was never prosecuted.

16 hours ago, Former Top Cop said:

Statement from the Governor:  

"District Attorneys are responsible for prosecuting criminal and traffic offenses, and must perform their duties with the highest ethical standards. Earlier today, I referred the Monroe County District Attorney to the Commission on Prosecutorial Conduct following the release of police bodycam footage showing her claiming she is above the law, attempting to use her public office to evade responsibility, and acting unprofessionally towards a police officer simply trying to do his job. In doing so, she was acting in contravention of her responsibility as a District Attorney and undermined her ability to hold others accountable for violating the law. We are deeply grateful to the men and women of law enforcement who put on a uniform each day to protect the safety of all New Yorkers."

-Governor Kathy Hochul 

They call her bingo Nancy. She couldn’t find the balls to hold cuomo accountable and said nothing to the public when he was engulfed in sex assault accusations 

On 4/28/2024 at 6:19 PM, QueenB said:

Honestly 😂 but I pictured Paul Battisti respectfully taking the ticket and telling the officer to have a good day and then going on with his life 

I agree with you , knowing Paul he would 

The similarities between Sandra Doorley and Korchak don't end with their lack of ethics.  Like Korchak, Doorley also plays politics.  Originally elected as a Democrat, Doorley became a Republican in 2015. Korchak changed parties three times in a few years, and then lied about approaching the Democrats about running on their line. 

10 hours ago, DJC said:

The similarities between Sandra Doorley and Korchak don't end with their lack of ethics.  Like Korchak, Doorley also plays politics.  Originally elected as a Democrat, Doorley became a Republican in 2015. Korchak changed parties three times in a few years, and then lied about approaching the Democrats about running on their line. 

Korchak was continuing to use the DA office address for his attorney detail report after he left office when you search his law license. He finally changed it to a personal practice, he must be insufferable to work with