Breaking News - Port Dickinson Police Officer in Critical Condition

Guest Guest

Guest Guest
then why did ya?

Well, I will. Joe didn't marry and irishman. He doesn't swing that way. What persuasion are you? Are we allowed to know or will you hide behind your keyboard like the other racists here.

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest

I wish I understood some people's logic here; I know that this is a terrible thing and I know that Pat should obviously be held accountable for his actions. But I don't see how owning a bar or being Irish makes you more likely to do this kind of thing. I could've easily been anyone owning a bar or working in a field that provides alcohol to people doe not make a person any more likely to drive drunk.

You can all sit around and judge but if your not close to either involved in this case you don't truly know how this is impacting both sides. Aldo looking down on us, I wonder what he would want to happen to this young man. God forbid, you could pull out of your driveway tomorrow and run over a child on his bike. We are all suseptable to these tragedies. It is so easy to past judgement, especially on these message boards. Isn't there a more constructive way to solve the punishment in this case than just throwing away the key on this person. God Bless Aldo and his family. Patrick has taken the first step and entered a rehabilitation center. He is getting help for his DISEASE-alcoholism. As we all know alcoholism kills in various ways. That is why it is defined as a disease. My thoughts are with both families.

Guest Guest

Bruno, you are pathetic for revealing Joe Testani's name. In the other thread he did not mention anything that made light of what Bones did. All he had to say was how terrible the situation is, so why mention his name as if his intentions were anything else? As for what he does, he LEGALLY sells a legal product. For someone like you who always seems to promote personal responsibility, you shouldn't have a problem with that. Even if you do, your problem should then be towards our legislators, not the people distributing alcohol.

See here's the thing, alcohol is a legal substance and is not the inherrant problem here, it's the misuse of alcohol that is. Let me be clear, I am not condoing anything Bones did: He was wrong, and hopefully justice will be served as best as it can be. But that doesn't make anyone who drinks part of the problem. It makes anyone that drinks in a reckless way that affects others like Bones' actions did the problem.

As far as people sympathizing with his family, what would you have them do? Imagine if it was your family or friends. Would you want to ostrasize them for doing nothing? Should Joe Testani condemn Bones mother, who is a scool teacher?

In short, your comments are out of line. Nobody with a smidgeon of intelligence is defending Bones., and those of you who are should be ashamed. His friends, family are suffering, but not expecting anything other than not to be condemned by a public that is outraged as well solely because of their relationship to him.

I pray for officer Rossi and his family. I pray for the Fitzgerald family. Nobody will have an easy road from here on out. As a person who knew Bones somewhat, my only prayer for him is that he is able to use the remaining part of his life to serve as a reminder for his actions.

Guest Guest
Well, I will. Joe didn't marry and irishman. He doesn't swing that way. What persuasion are you? Are we allowed to know or will you hide behind your keyboard like the other racists here.
irishMAN is generic for the irish nationality. he did marry an irishman.

Guest Guest
I wish I understood some people's logic here; I know that this is a terrible thing and I know that Pat should obviously be held accountable for his actions. But I don't see how owning a bar or being Irish makes you more likely to do this kind of thing. I could've easily been anyone owning a bar or working in a field that provides alcohol to people doe not make a person any more likely to drive drunk.

MOST bars are owned and operated by IRISHMEN...the rest just speaks for itself

Guest Guest
You can all sit around and judge but if your not close to either involved in this case you don't truly know how this is impacting both sides. Aldo looking down on us, I wonder what he would want to happen to this young man. God forbid, you could pull out of your driveway tomorrow and run over a child on his bike. We are all suseptable to these tragedies. It is so easy to past judgement, especially on these message boards. Isn't there a more constructive way to solve the punishment in this case than just throwing away the key on this person. God Bless Aldo and his family. Patrick has taken the first step and entered a rehabilitation center. He is getting help for his DISEASE-alcoholism. As we all know alcoholism kills in various ways. That is why it is defined as a disease. My thoughts are with both families.

if i backed out of my driveway and hit a kid, I WOULD NOT BE DRUNK. and the fact that he entered rehab. does not bode well for him. isn't that what all the hollywood types do when then cause damage to someone else or themselves (spears, lohan, mel gibson, etc., need i say more)

if i backed out of my driveway and hit a kid, I WOULD NOT BE DRUNK. and the fact that he entered rehab. does not bode well for him. isn't that what all the hollywood types do when then cause damage to someone else or themselves (spears, lohan, mel gibson, etc., need i say more)

Ignorance should be a sin.

Bruno, you are pathetic for revealing Joe Testani's name. In the other thread he did not mention anything that made light of what Bones did. All he had to say was how terrible the situation is, so why mention his name as if his intentions were anything else? As for what he does, he LEGALLY sells a legal product. For someone like you who always seems to promote personal responsibility, you shouldn't have a problem with that. Even if you do, your problem should then be towards our legislators, not the people distributing alcohol.

i really agree with the rest of your post, so i'll just address this part.

Joe has edited his post on the blog. It originally had a lighthearted references to "fags" and actually said "I hope the DA exercises restraint in this case" i had a problem with that.

there are plenty of hard working people who work i the restaurant/ bar industry, plenty who work with alcohol. As i mentioned earlier- my problem is with the people who parade around my community with a sense of entitlement. if you live in PD or Hillcrest, you know what I mean.

nothing wrong with alcohol. I enjoy it in moderation

I just don't drink a case in 4 hours and then operate a motor vehicle

addiction is an excuse, not a disease. If he had a disease (alcoholism) why were those close to him oblivious to it? Why did he work in a bar of all places?

It's easy and convenient to fall back into rehab AFTER you killed someone. how many interventions were made regarding his disease BEFORE he decided to take a life

I'm not buying it

Guest Guest

JT did not edit his reply you terrible man, Bruno. There are 2 post by JT. One still does make fun of his friends as fags. Nothing JT wrote said anything about the DA. What did he do to you that you bring him up in this?

addiction is an excuse, not a disease. If he had a disease (alcoholism) why were those close to him oblivious to it? Why did he work in a bar of all places?

Are that your list of evidence that addiction is not a disease?

It's pretty weak.

Guest psmails

I wonder if this guy has been pulled over before and let go because friends on the other side of the bar knew him from his place of work. Hes been out there driving for sometime and its hard to believe that hes avoided previous DWI's or maybe he has other ones not sure.

Guest Guest
your probably right.

But its become a crutch for people to fall back on when they get in trouble. like I said before- where was everyone talking about his disease before he murdered a police officer

There are those of us who don't use addiction as a crutch to fall back on.

I totalled my car while DWI. No one got hurt, thank God. I didn't learn even then.

Years later I got sober. Not once did anyone who helped me suggest I use my drinking as an excuse or use the disease concept as a crutch. I faced every single consequence of my actions while drinking straight on, no ducking or dodging.

You never quite escape it completely. Even years later I still deal with the consequences, although they are very, very minimal.

I will agree that for the Rich and Famous getting into trouble and "taking the cure" is pretty faddish. For Everyday Joe's however, that is not the case. It's not easy. Not many people make it.

It is worth it. Had I not stopped I've have been dead years ago.

Guest Recovering Dude
your probably right.

But its become a crutch for people to fall back on when they get in trouble. like I said before- where was everyone talking about his disease before he murdered a police officer

Trust me, people have talked about his problem. Most of them talked behind his back. Most likely at least one or two people made a comment to his face about it.

Few people realize what an intervention is. Even fewer know when it's time for one.

Age 30 is, in the big picture, a pretty early age to get intervened or look for help. Most people who finally get help drink for decades first.

I don't know that much about interventions. I don't know how common they are or what the success rates are. I don't know anyone who's ever been in the "hot seat". Not all alcoholics get intervened.

If you take the time to learn about it, you'll find out that the denial about having a problem is usually pervasive in the addict's family, as well as him/herself. Most of his/her friends drink similarly, so getting help or even a "Hey, you drink too much" comment from them is an unrealistic expectation.

The sad truth is that most people with addictive problems don't get help until they've gotten to a particular level of pain over the consequences of their behavior. Even sadder still is that it will take this tragedy to hit home for PF that he has a severe problem. Even then, there's no guarantee that he'll get it.

You know the US imprisons more people per capita and in shear volume than any other nation right?

Most nations don't mix cultures.

Most nations tolerate less behaviors with stiffer punishments.

Statistics are relative.

Guest Guest
I know Bones and have always disliked him. The sense of entitlement he has always felt because his family was in the alcohol/ bar business, and because the BPD drinks at the Pitcher finally caught up to him. He thought he had an unlimited get out of jail free card. It cost Aldo Rossi his life.

I'm not going to shed any tears for his family either. If you traffic in alcohol you better know the risks. You better know the signs of family members with a problem.

You can choose to either confront or enable the people close to you when they live destructive lives.

SO LET TRUTH BE KNOWN! YOU HAVE ALWAYS DISLIKED HIM - QUITE THE AGENDA ON THIS THREAD THAT YOU HAVE MR. PERFECTION! WHAT A GREAT PLACE TO VENT YOUR HATRED FOR SOMEONE AS ON BCV! YOU ARE EVEIL. LIKE SOMEONE ELSE SAID ON HERE, ALDO WOULD TRY TO KEEP THE PEACE. GO TO CNN.COM AND LOOK UP A VIDEO ABOUT A FATHER WHO FORGAVE HIS DAUGHTER'S KILLER.

I just saw it on CNN.com: Dad forgives daughter's killer

Guest THINKABOUTITFAMILYMEMBER
Not to my knowledge, but I hope when it is released, he will be returned to the prison cell he was let out of yesterday.

I just saw it on CNN.com: Dad forgives daughter's killer

Trust me, people have talked about his problem. Most of them talked behind his back. Most likely at least one or two people made a comment to his face about it.

Few people realize what an intervention is. Even fewer know when it's time for one.

Age 30 is, in the big picture, a pretty early age to get intervened or look for help. Most people who finally get help drink for decades first.

I don't know that much about interventions. I don't know how common they are or what the success rates are. I don't know anyone who's ever been in the "hot seat". Not all alcoholics get intervened.

If you take the time to learn about it, you'll find out that the denial about having a problem is usually pervasive in the addict's family, as well as him/herself. Most of his/her friends drink similarly, so getting help or even a "Hey, you drink too much" comment from them is an unrealistic expectation.

The sad truth is that most people with addictive problems don't get help until they've gotten to a particular level of pain over the consequences of their behavior. Even sadder still is that it will take this tragedy to hit home for PF that he has a severe problem. Even then, there's no guarantee that he'll get it.

Our society breeds tolerance of these kinds of behaviors. The country was built on freedoms. Families should police their own however.

If I was a drunk and my family didn't tell me to get help I would lose respect for them. If my brother was a drunk, he would hear it from me. Just because someone loves you doesn't mean they don't owe you the truth.

When someone says "Hey you drink too much" to me, I take it to heart and at least evaluate the source and context of the comment regardless.

with all due respect, no, I cannot

Since i supposedly "made my point" 12 pages ago, people have still got on and defended, minimized, etc...the action of the perpetrator. read the post.

here is why i feel so strongly about this, and will continue to address it:

In ten years- this guy will be out of jail. He will be driving a car. He will probably still be drinking. He will be able to father children, love a wife, enjoy life. He will be remembered as the guy who "made a mistake" Most people will forget the details. He will rationalize it to himself. His family will have him around.

But Aldo Rossi will be forgotten.

So, no, I won't shut up. As long as people continue to come on here and suggest that aldo was somehow at fault for the way the car was positioned, or tell us how much pain bones is in, and that he is a victim of his disease, or that we should feel for his family, or that people "make mistakes" and that "noone is perfect" I will be on here reminded them that bones is a product of a dangerous environment, that he is a drunk who killed a man and that he deserves any and all hatred and vitriol thrown in his direction

This will probably be the only time I will do this and I feel almost icky for doing it but, I have to agree with you.

This man killed a a good human being. There is no mistake about it. He should be tied up and made to sit in Port Dick park to allow the public to express their disgust with him. No knives or firearms. Sticks and rocks are ok.

Our society breeds tolerance of these kinds of behaviors. The country was built on freedoms. Families should police their own however.

If I was a drunk and my family didn't tell me to get help I would lose respect for them. If my brother was a drunk, he would hear it from me. Just because someone loves you doesn't mean they don't owe you the truth.

When someone says "Hey you drink too much" to me, I take it to heart and at least evaluate the source and context of the comment regardless.

Dude, alcoholism has been with humans for thousands of years. It's got nothing to do with our society. It's prevalent all over the world. Russia has had a serious problem with it for a long time.

If you was a drunk, you wouldn't care enough about what your family did or didn't say to have or lose respect for them. Alcoholics just don't care. They especially don't hear it when other people tell them they have a problem, regardless of what relation you are.

Archived