new restuarant

mulligan

Guest Guest

Maybe in the part of town you live in. Go by any medium to high end restaurant around here and try and find an empty parking lot.

You really have to name 'high end' restaurant's around here. LoL

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guests

Maybe in the part of town you live in. Go by any medium to high end restaurant around here and try and find an empty parking lot.

Let's see. Moxies, Number 5, Lampy's, PS.... I'm sure you'll come up with a few more. How many folks in the greater Bingo area and the list is what around 10? And my point was that that list has worked pretty darn hard to earn their rep.

We're talking support, not a competition on what a darn high end restaurant means. The likely hood of your success in this area is a low price-point restaurant, that's why you see folks that want a Hardee's or a Sonic. Once that meal goes over $20, you've got a pretty limited market. It is too bad.

And yes, the Hardee people think a high end restaurant has dinners around $10-$12, your typical Italian fare.

So, how do you define mid-to-high?

A $12 burger at the new place. Oh my :-)

Guest Guest

Let's see. Moxies, Number 5, Lampy's, PS.... I'm sure you'll come up with a few more. How many folks in the greater Bingo area and the list is what around 10? And my point was that that list has worked pretty darn hard to earn their rep.

We're talking support, not a competition on what a darn high end restaurant means. The likely hood of your success in this area is a low price-point restaurant, that's why you see folks that want a Hardee's or a Sonic. Once that meal goes over $20, you've got a pretty limited market. It is too bad.

And yes, the Hardee people think a high end restaurant has dinners around $10-$12, your typical Italian fare.

So, how do you define mid-to-high?

A $12 burger at the new place. Oh my :-)

The likelihood of your success in any area in this country, or the world, is a low price-point restaurant. McDonald's earned $6 billion last year. Your anger concerning this area is apparent, but things are no different here in the food service industry than any other part of the country. If 80% of the people owned 80% of the wealth in this country, things might be more in line with this fantasy that you have that people are cheap.

Guest Guest
The likely hood of your success in this area is a low price-point restaurant, that's why you see folks that want a Hardee's or a Sonic....And yes, the Hardee people think a high end restaurant has dinners around $10-$12, your typical Italian fare.

LOL. Sometimes people have opinions about fast food because they sometimes rely on it out of convenience, not because it's cheap. While there are definitely an unusual number of spectacularly cheap dirtballs in this area (actual discussions on this board: how $8 is outrageous for a lunch combo, how you have to "take out a loan" to eat at Cortese, how Kohl's is a high-end retail store), fast food has taken hold everywhere, and there's no reason to be a condescending douche toward everyone who periodically resorts to eating it.

Guest Guest

The likelihood of your success in any area in this country, or the world, is a low price-point restaurant. McDonald's earned $6 billion last year. Your anger concerning this area is apparent, but things are no different here in the food service industry than any other part of the country. If 80% of the people owned 80% of the wealth in this country, things might be more in line with this fantasy that you have that people are cheap.

Cheap and afford are two different things... Never said they are cheap, just making an observation. There are more than enough people around here to support a more diverse set of restaurants. Make your own conclusion.

The three new ones are a good sign that some are willing to give it a go. I hope they are successful.

Guest Guest
If 80% of the people owned 80% of the wealth in this country, things might be more in line with this fantasy that you have that people are cheap.

No, they're cheap. Even cheap Binghamton people admit it, but they try to polish it up and call themselves "shrewd", like it's a virtue.

Guest Guest

LOL. Sometimes people have opinions about fast food because they sometimes rely on it out of convenience, not because it's cheap. While there are definitely an unusual number of spectacularly cheap dirtballs in this area (actual discussions on this board: how $8 is outrageous for a lunch combo, how you have to "take out a loan" to eat at Cortese, how Kohl's is a high-end retail store), fast food has taken hold everywhere, and there's no reason to be a condescending douche toward everyone who periodically resorts to eating it.

Ok, I made a generalization that was not fair. But, I do wish there were some better restaurant choices around here!

Guest Guest
Ok, I made a generalization that was not fair. But, I do wish there were some better restaurant choices around here!

Agreed. Which raises the question: what should be next? Thai has struggled, which is a shame. I would frequent a place of similar quality to Taste of Thai in Ithaca. A Tapas bar with a decent wine selection would be a successful option downtown, as well, as diners get a good degree of control over how much they spend and it can be flexible for a quick bite or a full meal.

Guest Guest

No, they're cheap. Even cheap Binghamton people admit it, but they try to polish it up and call themselves "shrewd", like it's a virtue.

Well, if your idea of spending $100 on the same amount of food that you can get for $15 is a smart investment, go for it. And like I said. It's not just here, it's the entire world. In addition, if you are using the people on BCV as a prime example of the people in this area and their spending habits, you are highly mistaken.

Guest Guest

Well, if your idea of spending $100 on the same amount of food that you can get for $15 is a smart investment, go for it. And like I said. It's not just here, it's the entire world. In addition, if you are using the people on BCV as a prime example of the people in this area and their spending habits, you are highly mistaken.

I think that's a little unfair. You're not just spending money on THE food... You're spending (or SHOULD be spending) money on the fact that it's being prepared in such a way that you couldn't hope to replicate. People like to eat out mainly for that reason. What's the big deal. It's certainly not an "investment," though lol.

As to your second point... I have to disagree. Call them whatever you like, but Binghamton/Broome people are cheap by most standards. I know, I grew up there.

Guest Guest

I think that's a little unfair. You're not just spending money on THE food... You're spending (or SHOULD be spending) money on the fact that it's being prepared in such a way that you couldn't hope to replicate. People like to eat out mainly for that reason. What's the big deal. It's certainly not an "investment," though lol.

As to your second point... I have to disagree. Call them whatever you like, but Binghamton/Broome people are cheap by most standards. I know, I grew up there.

And where to you live now, Dubai? Please - it's the same thing all over. People have to eat in order to survive. Food is a necessity, not a luxury. And food is one area where people can cut corners and still survive.

And on a side note - if you can't replicate anything that you can consume when you eat out, you need to take some cooking classes. It's not like they are performing alchemy.

Guest Guest

And where to you live now, Dubai? Please - it's the same thing all over. People have to eat in order to survive. Food is a necessity, not a luxury. And food is one area where people can cut corners and still survive.

And on a side note - if you can't replicate anything that you can consume when you eat out, you need to take some cooking classes. It's not like they are performing alchemy.

:lol:

Guest Guest

Alright man. I like to go out to eat. Others do to. Sorry it's getting your panties all up in a bunch.

Guest Guest

Alright man. I like to go out to eat. Others do to. Sorry it's getting your panties all up in a bunch.

You were made to look like an ass, and just can't help lashing out like a 10 year old.

Guest Guest

You were made to look like an ass, and just can't help lashing out like a 10 year old.

I was made to look like an ass because I put forth the crazy idea that eating out is worth it to many people?

I fail to see how.

Guest Guest

So glad you moved away!

Guest Guest

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the first person to get fired from Burger Monday's. I guest they couldn't make that big leap up from McD's.

You probably "guest" right!! LOL

BELIEVE IT, SOME GOT SICK AFTER EATING AT BURGER MONDAY. OWNERS DO KNOW!

This is now becoming slander. Hopefully the moderators will put an end to this post or give out the name of the guy posting! Apparently, you have a real problem and no life....you are a sick person!

Guest Guest

He wasn't made to look like an ass. That poster just made himself look like a cheap huckleberry, that he thinks there's equivalence between eating a nice meal at a nice restaurant ($100 for two) and eating fast food ($15 for two).

Archived