73 in a row!!

sportsexpert

"But the economy is hardly down and out. Shapiro notes that persistently low oil prices, renewed stock market stability and slow but steady income gains could put voters in a comfortable position when the polls open in November 2016 which could be bad news for the GOP."

http://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/data-mine/2015/10/28/which-presidents-have-been-best-for-the-economy

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure what thread to post this on but it a very insightful policy speech

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-4FQAov2xI

http://Cruz didn’t just read aloud the story during his floor remarks. He also said his father invented green eggs and ham and made them with food coloring or a green vegetable.

And Al Gore invented the internet

Three cheers for Americans to fail! Hip hip hooray!!

"As long as we can say "it's Obama's fault" we don't care how many grandmothers and babies get booted out of their houses.

Fail, America, fail. We need someone to blame and demonize.

"Don't invest." = Herr Drumpf.

"The economy is failing." = Pete the Wise One.

"America sucks and I am the only person on the planet who can put it all back together again. Trust me, your lives suck." = Herr Drumpf.

If our lives do contain any suck, it’s because of billionaires who game the system to their advantage and hire foreigners for jobs that Americans could fill.

In the meantime, he puts together a plan for a Mexican wall, and how to financially punish Mexico to get it paid for.

Undoable. But don't let that stop you from listening to wild-azz, crazy Rube Goldberg ideas from the Herr.

1. How is he going to monitor billions of $'s of wire transfers? BIG GOVERNMENT! MORE AGENCIES! MORE TAXES TO PAY FOR IT ALL! The money we'll save from disbanding NATO won't cover a fraction of the new Mexican Financial Transaction Monitoring Agency.

2. If Mexicans stop getting money sent to them from other countries, their economy will fold like a cheap prom dress in a few weeks. Just wait and see how many of them try to get in then. Watch as the lawlessness and murders cross over into Texas, California and Arizona. MORE COPS! BIGGER GOVERNMENT!! MORE! MORE!! Keep them out at ANY COST!!

3. Build a wall and they'll go AROUND or UNDER it. Just like the drug smugglers already do. Duh. If the drug smugglers start getting paid to transport people like they do drugs, there's almost no way to stop them without spending BILLIONS of dollars and hiring hundreds of thousands of people to try to keep them out. It'd be cheaper to let them all in and give them welfare than to try to stop them.

I want a serious answer from you deep thinkers. Why is the success of humanity tied to economy and who is it that set that rule?

• 1 month later...

"We're very close to full employment," says Satya Panday, U.S. economist at S&P Global Ratings. "We will keep on improving this year but we have made huge gains."

http://money.cnn.com/2016/06/03/news/economy/us-economy-may-jobs-report/index.html?adkey=bn

Next President will walk into office with an economy headed in the right direction despite Obama.

This "streak" coincides with the change in 2010 this administration made in measuring long-term unemployment to make the numbers seem more favorable.

Additionally, many of theses jobs are part-time without benefits because the full time jobs aren't there.

It's not a rosy picture and we're poised for another economic downturn, the same that happened at the end of Bill Clinton's administration in March of 2000, and at the end of Bush's term in September of 2008. You can trace policy changes back to the Reagan administration and grown in Clinton's administration that set the stage for these problems and President Obama has done nothing of substance to prevent this 8 year cycle. Strap in for when the economic house of cards tumbles again in the next 5-8 months.

"We're very close to full employment," says Satya Panday, U.S. economist at S&P Global Ratings. "We will keep on improving this year but we have made huge gains."

http://money.cnn.com/2016/06/03/news/economy/us-economy-may-jobs-report/index.html?adkey=bn

Next President will walk into office with an economy headed in the right direction despite Obama.

Why can't I find your Panday quote in the link you supplied. Did you make it up?

US adds 38,000 jobs in May:

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/us-adds-38000-jobs-in-may-unemployment-falls-to-47-2016-06-03

Record 94,708,000 Americans Not in Labor Force

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/susan-jones/record-94708000-americans-not-labor-force-participation-rate-drops

Hiring Slows Sharply, Workforce Dropouts Spike

http://www.wsj.com/articles/u-s-added-only-38-000-jobs-in-may-1464957215

I am still waiting for the Sport Sex Pert's link to the Panday quote. Where is it?

You can pit any metrics vs. any other.....all metrics can be twisted to show what you want it to. Takes a bit of thinking and figuring out what your market audience either wants or will fall for. Pretty easy to determine none of them are worth poo....Plain simple common sense shows that work is down everywhere. You can see it plain as day....and it's EVEYWHERE...not just here in the Twilight Zone of Doom County. You don't need a graph to tell you that. Basic fact....All our leaders have sucked for the past 50 years. Our future leaders look even less desirable than our current ones do. It's a frightening spiral, kinda like a toilet bowl flushing....wait....did I hear a great sucking sound? Lol.....This next election will give us the new leader of our country....for what that's worth. Put your big kid panties on...it's going to be a bumpy ride. Hope I get to live to see the inevitable revolution.....would love to see a good housecleaning done in DC...

Some people can't resist the temptation to cheerlead for the US to fail if their man isn't the Prez,

the nation isn't a suckhole everywhere, contrary to what one candidate wants us all to believe. He paints a very grisly and grim picture. I think most Americans aren't taking the bait. Sure, there's problems. When haven't there been?

The Republicans HAVE to sell us the bogus bag o' crap that life in the US sucks a hot, sweaty one. That's part of Drumpf's appeal.

"Your life sucks and, even though I can't tell you how I'm gonna do it, I'm gonna make this place a rose garden again...well....for everyone except Muslims, Mexicans, fat women, Iowans, people with cerebral palsy and anyone who doesn't buy in."

I work in a small local shop. We have 7 employees. We just added one FT, one PT to the staff. So far, it's been a robust spring and looks like a very busy and prosperous summer. Business is good, and we do business with mostly other local businesses. We don't do retail and we don't sell to people who don't work or own a business.

I just paid $1.73 per gallon for gas yesterday, locally. I'm happy. If the housing market around here was better I'd be able to sell a place I have on the market and my life and finances would be splendid as I coast towards retirement.

The last 7 years of Obama in the White House hasn't made my life Shangri La, but I've come from losing everything but my house in '08 back to better than I was before '08.

Obama is the one constantly telling people their lives suck and they need da gubmint to fix things.

The price you pay for gas using your Price Chopper points isn't the real price of gas. Nobody is selling gas at retail with all taxes for $1.73 a gallon.

Obama is the one constantly telling people their lives suck and they need da gubmint to fix things.

We've never heard that speech from Mr. Obama. Please provide the link. The Donald, on the other hand, seems to be saying literally that every day.

We've never heard that speech from Mr. Obama. Please provide the link. The Donald, on the other hand, seems to be saying literally that every day.

I'd be interested in hearing the Obama speech in which he says things are just awful here in the U.S. and that he's the only one who has the mojo to fix anything. When has he repeated that he's the smartest man in the White House, the Pentagon and all 50 states at any given time?

Cuz that is EXACTLY what Drumpf says.....a LOT.

The price you pay for gas using your Price Chopper points isn't the real price of gas. Nobody is selling gas at retail with all taxes for $1.73 a gallon.

You have a hell of a grasp on the obvious. I used my Mirabito card. The reason that they're giving deep discounts on gas doesn't matter to me.

The price of gas (and the discounts companies are willing to give) is a reflection on the general state of the economy.

Keep pointing out the clouds and leading the cheers for Americans to be failing.

What the hell right-wing malware nest is that link?

Before you tell us that we are shooting the messenger, here is their front page (if anyone dares to click on it): http://cnsnews.com/

Judge for yourselves, BCV.

You have a hell of a grasp on the obvious. I used my Mirabito card. The reason that they're giving deep discounts on gas doesn't matter to me.

The price of gas (and the discounts companies are willing to give) is a reflection on the general state of the economy.

Keep pointing out the clouds and leading the cheers for Americans to be failing.

Didn't realize that Mirabito's gas discounts were now on the index of leading economic indicators. They're certainly not any indicator of the unemployment rate.

Archived