73 in a row!!

sportsexpert

The job numbers are still misrepresenting the unemployment numbers. I've brought up before in this thread how the formula was changed in 2010 and how long term unemployment and underemployment are not represented correctly to show how weak the numbers truly are. I don't care who's in the White House and whether I agree or disagree with their policies, the job numbers are BS.

The numbers are going to get worse with two major factors - robots and Amazon. Manufacturing, transportation and retail jobs will increasingly disappear.

You are totally correct. The point that SportSexPert intentionally ignores is that one can not compare today's numbers with 2009 numbers because they are counted differently.

Since we used the same method in 2016 as we are using today, the comparison is valid.

Why is it difficult to understand this?

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its U6 unemployment vs U3 unemployment statistics. Apples to Apples : Sports is right ONLY in stating that President Trump should not have said that he had the real stats and previous stats were misleading. Basically, they were in fact misleading, however only when comparing President Obama's vs say Pres's Reagan, Bush, Clinton, Bush etc. Today's "Trump Stats" are measured equally to the "Obama Stats". Unfortunately for President Obama (and moreover us) even with the more pleasant to look at U6 measurement, he still tripled unemployment. I will grant he brought it back down after we ousted the House/Senate.

And... you better believe it. Robots, will be as big of a job killer to manufacturing as NAFTA was for the USA. We MUST fix the trade/manufacturing deficit or we will flounder even worse with time.

On a pseudo related point, did you ever wonder why NYS always had people working in the toll booths while other states had automated collectors...

I will give a hardy Hey Howyadoin to the winner.... (cue jeopardy theme music)

No responses? If I posted the same post during Obamas presidency, multiple Trump lovers would have posted links with info. regarding to narrative that Obama is an idiot. No qualms, that is reality. But, where is the same scrutiny for Trump? BCVoice is more like GOPvoice??

Having a running conversation w/ yourself is a bit disturbing.

Many have directed their recent posts on this thread towards me and I will try to reply as suciently as I can.

No one can deny when I posted positive economic news when Obama was president, there was a pretty quick repsonce from multiple people to point out the news wasn't so positive? Obviously the positive news I shared was debatably positive/negative, and I will even confess the numbers are hogwash to help make the point I am currently trying to make.

Now Trump is president and there is positive news about the unemployment numbers, it took some prying on my part to get any of the same type of responce seen when Obama was president? Hense the back to back posts Coop. I am trying to stay true to the idea that hopefully things are getting better, and I wanted to post "positive" news now that Trump's president in order to try to stay balanced. But I will admit Trump's quote that stated the numbers were invalid before, but now they are valid, was too tempting to ignore.

The point that is being missed is Trump's flip flop on the validity of the numbers, not the validity of the numbers themselve.

Keep the links/posts about how invalid the numbers are coming, because Trump is now saying there are valid. Who's right? I'm gonna guess it's not Trump.

Many have directed their recent posts on this thread towards me and I will try to reply as suciently as I can.

No one can deny when I posted positive economic news when Obama was president, there was a pretty quick repsonce from multiple people to point out the news wasn't so positive? Obviously the positive news I shared was debatably positive/negative, and I will even confess the numbers are hogwash to help make the point I am currently trying to make.

Now Trump is president and there is positive news about the unemployment numbers, it took some prying on my part to get any of the same type of responce seen when Obama was president? Hense the back to back posts Coop. I am trying to stay true to the idea that hopefully things are getting better, and I wanted to post "positive" news now that Trump's president in order to try to stay balanced. But I will admit Trump's quote that stated the numbers were invalid before, but now they are valid, was too tempting to ignore.

The point that is being missed is Trump's flip flop on the validity of the numbers, not the validity of the numbers themselve.

Keep the links/posts about how invalid the numbers are coming, because Trump is now saying there are valid. Who's right? I'm gonna guess it's not Trump.

Post after post, page after page of stuff that you now admit is hogwash. That was very productive use of your time.

Post after post, page after page of stuff that you now admit is hogwash. That was very productive use of your time.

Wow, comprehension is not easy for everyone. Whether I truly think the numbers are valid or not, at least I'm not president. Our president thinks they are valid. I guess you think he's wrong?

The numbers (When comparing to apples to apples) don't lie. The point I was making, without trying to insult you, was that nine months worth of talking about what a great job the (then) President was doing fixing the economy was essentially a farce. Using unemployment as the barometer, it didn't end as low as it was when he took office. BO just essentially tried to undo the debacle he and the two houses created by year number two. 4.4 to 10.0 back to 4.8 is not success unless I didn't pay attention in school.

Anyone that thinks it is should talk to the 5.6% of the workforce that lost their jobs and potentially went bankrupt during his first two years in office.

That is the point, the point is not, "fun with statistics" because even despite the fact that there are differing measures the economic downturn. When it is followed by a very slow economic upturn in regards to unemployment, this does not success make.

Again, if you wreck your Ferrari when doing something stupid, I wouldn't brag about fixing it. That doesn't make you a smart driver.

The numbers (When comparing to apples to apples) don't lie. The point I was making, without trying to insult you, was that nine months worth of talking about what a great job the (then) President was doing fixing the economy was essentially a farce. Using unemployment as the barometer, it didn't end as low as it was when he took office. BO just essentially tried to undo the debacle he and the two houses created by year number two. 4.4 to 10.0 back to 4.8 is not success unless I didn't pay attention in school.

Anyone that thinks it is should talk to the 5.6% of the workforce that lost their jobs and potentially went bankrupt during his first two years in office.

That is the point, the point is not, "fun with statistics" because even despite the fact that there are differing measures the economic downturn. When it is followed by a very slow economic upturn in regards to unemployment, this does not success make.

Again, if you wreck your Ferrari when doing something stupid, I wouldn't brag about fixing it. That doesn't make you a smart driver.

Your still missing my point. I said I will agree that the numbers are invalid so that people like you who want to continually debate that the numbers are invalid will now focus on the fact that Trump agreed with you before, but now he doesn't. Spicer laughed when he read Trump's quote about the unemployment numbers for February.

Ok, so stop talking about the numbers, start talking about Trump flip flopping his opinion on the numbers (hint: just like me, but I'm using sarcasm). Get it?

• 2 weeks later...

Can't argue with facts? Obama did the best he could with what GW Bush left him. Let's see what Trump does with what Obama left him, if Russian-gate doesn't take him down too soon. But Democtrats would be smart to not try to remove him, just let him slowly die for the next 3 1/2 years. Don't want Pense stepping in and doing anything good.

He's gonna go 8 then pence another 8. I got a feeling... Could be wrong but I don't think so.

My guess is that Pence will survive Trump's impeachment...might be years for that to happen, and then the status quo wins again.

Trump is a doofus in my estimation, but I truly understand the need to topple the apple cart. It's a start.... look at it that way? We, as loyal Americans, deserve better than a choice of Hillary or Trump.

I am tired of voting for the lesser of two evils. This is not a partisan post...it's non-partisan. We need to demand more from BOTH parties, or start another one

Before it's too late. It's a game of millionaires playing checkers with each other as it is now. Communism is not the answer, nor is Fascism. It's the government by the people, and Trump is not us. He's gonna fix Bingo? It will be "Yuge", and "Beautiful".

Don't hold your breath.

Has anyone considered that Obamas numbers were down on unemployment because he's left out the people who gave up trying to find jobs after their unemployment ended because there were none? How about al those who were granted unemployment to go back to school and had the rug pulled out halfway through school then left with the bill? New York was good for that game.

Has anyone considered that Obamas numbers were down on unemployment because he's left out the people who gave up trying to find jobs after their unemployment ended because there were none? How about al those who were granted unemployment to go back to school and had the rug pulled out halfway through school then left with the bill? New York was good for that game.

Liars figure, and figures lie. I'm 98.2% sure of that.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived