CURIOUS STATEMENT FROM CORNWELL: We went down to Debbie Preston's office and were told she's unavailable

Bingking

She's not advertising with anybody. WBNG seemingly ran it as an opportunity to mention Cornwell's press release again and then note that they can't say if the two things are related.

It seems obvious that they're implying they are related, that Preston has pulled all of her advertising in light of some anticipated criminal prosecution, and WBNG has decided to go ahead and say what they can say since Preston won't come out with it.

Well it would be in her best interest if she comes forward and talks about it before the press runs with this. Either way she's fu!ked

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She's not advertising with anybody. WBNG seemingly ran it as an opportunity to mention Cornwell's press release again and then note that they can't say if the two things are related.

It seems obvious that they're implying they are related, that Preston has pulled all of her advertising in light of some anticipated criminal prosecution, and WBNG has decided to go ahead and say what they can say since Preston won't come out with it.

Its possible that her party doesn't want to fund anymore of her campaign commercials and could be replacing her

According to Tarik Abdelazim he posted this on Facebook:

Not a rumor. Indicted for embezzlement of public funds, about $20k on a Town of Conklin credit card, and plea bargain includes her resignation. GOP been scrambling to see if law allows another candidate, likely Bernardo, to replace her, but my sources say she'll need to remain on ballot. Go Garnar! A decent, thoughtful, capable and most importantly ETHICAL alternative seems set to lead the County come 2017. But let's not forget to vote on election day!

Faithless servant doctrine:

Also known as equitable forfeiture and the faithless agent doctrine, the faithless servant doctrine requires employees who are "disloyal" to their employers to forfeit some or all of their compensation, a concept referred to in other contexts as "clawbacks"

The city of Binghamton just used is law against Former Parks director John Whalen and have a judgment against him to the tune of $336K and I am sure it will be used against Debbie for her entire time in office...

Why is he so quick to recuse himself of everything? Answer is corruption via money/donations. The retard ran as an outsider to begin with. He should have rejected all money given by anyone in the establishment parties. He is letting Freddie off free for his donation. Why is everyone else corrupt whose money can be traced back to him getting this mysterious "recuse". These people can go themselves. They are playing some kind of stupid game to make it look like they are actually doing something. Meanwhile they are shooting heroin and eating hamburgers together. these people. Staying home on election day as usual.

I can tell you Steve Cornwell did not let Akshar or Newcomb off the hook for what they did in 2009. Steve Cornwell's office turned it over to Otsego DA in April 2016, and Mr. Muehl let it sit on his desk till September 2016 and let the statute of 7 years expire. It expired in June 2016 so he sat on it even tho there was constant contact for him to review..Mr Muehl excuse was that he was so busy. Pretty crappy for sure. But let us not blame the wrong person for that disgrace. Still waiting for the letter from Mr. Muehl to the Judge and to us the public.

Not a rumor. Indicted for embezzlement of public funds, about $20k on a Town of Conklin credit card, and plea bargain includes her resignation. GOP been scrambling to see if law allows another candidate, likely Bernardo, to replace her, but my sources say she'll need to remain on ballot. Go Garnar! A decent, thoughtful, capable and most importantly ETHICAL alternative seems set to lead the County come 2017. But let's not forget to vote on election day!

Twenty thousand dollars? She thought this would go undetected?

That's trailer park stupid, if true.

Faithless servant doctrine:

Also known as equitable forfeiture and the faithless agent doctrine, the faithless servant doctrine requires employees who are "disloyal" to their employers to forfeit some or all of their compensation, a concept referred to in other contexts as "clawbacks"

The city of Binghamton just used is law against Former Parks director John Whalen and have a judgment against him to the tune of $336K and I am sure it will be used against Debbie for her entire time in office...

Yep. He'll have to scrimp and save up a few years from his state pension to pay that off.

She and i repeat...........................She is NOT STEPPING DOWN!

I agree......she wont step down....and she wont be charged....AND she will be reelected.....the reason for this: POLITICS.....and the fact the thieves stick together.......and before you say it, I will say it for you.....WHERE'S THE PROOF?

Garnar is a Liberal Citizen Action Lacky......................So you want to see Mary Clark have an office in the County building is that a smart move!!!!! Think people why do you think this came out NOW and WHY..........................Of COURSE.............An Act of Desperation!!!!!! She's has not been Charged or Arrested like the Democrats and Citizen Action want's everyone to believe they are the one's passing it around.....................Be careful what you are hearing from Tark A. he still has Political asperation's!!!

I can tell you Steve Cornwell did not let Akshar or Newcomb off the hook for what they did in 2009. Steve Cornwell's office turned it over to Otsego DA in April 2016, and Mr. Muehl let it sit on his desk till September 2016 and let the statute of 7 years expire. It expired in June 2016 so he sat on it even tho there was constant contact for him to review..Mr Muehl excuse was that he was so busy. Pretty crappy for sure. But let us not blame the wrong person for that disgrace. Still waiting for the letter from Mr. Muehl to the Judge and to us the public.

It won't matter because i will be going to Preet B. to give the evidence if nothing is done of this matter it would not look good for Mr. Muel.

Garnar is a Liberal Citizen Action Lacky......................So you want to see Mary Clark have an office in the County building is that a smart move!!!!! Think people why do you think this came out NOW and WHY..........................Of COURSE.............An Act of Desperation!!!!!! She's has not been Charged or Arrested like the Democrats and Citizen Action want's everyone to believe.....................Be careful what you are hearing from Tark A. he still has Political asperation's!!!

Did Debbie Preston take the money or not?

If she did, I don't care when or why it came out. Her career should be held underwater until it stops struggling.

only proof I have, is what her husband, my wifes father , told us......he said he sold his parents home to pay back the money she stole from APD....you can believe it or not.....he is dead and cant talk to you....and chances are you wouldn't believe him anyway...or me.....fair enough....the people of Conklin, knew Paul Preston, and they also knew what his wife was up to.....like I said...believe what you will.......AND I'm not supporting the democratic candidate....just so you know, and get your facts straight......

like I said.....only proof I have of any wrongdoing.....some will believe.....some will not......as far as new charges go....I have no idea......my wife and I still believe what her father told us, before he died......WE DONT THINK HE HAD ANY REASON TO LIE.....

From NewsChannel34: http://www.binghamtonhomepage.com/news/local-news/leaked-emails-show-preston-used-town-of-conklin-credit-card-for-personal-purchases

BINGHAMTON, N.Y.

NewsChannel 34 has received documents indicating that Broome County Executive Debbie Preston used a Town of Conklin credit card to make personal purchases months after she was no longer Town Supervisor.

According to an email chain between the secretary to the supervisor and the town's attorney, auditors discovered the charges after Preston took office as Broome County Executive at the beginning of 2012.

The documents, which were sent anonymously to our station last Friday and that NewsChannel 34 has since authenticated, include a credit card statement from a Sam's Club issued Discover Card showing as much as $23,000 worth of purchases.

Many of them are to Talbot's, Boscov's and DressBarn.

The credit card statement shows that Preston used the card from July 2011, when she was still Town Supervisor, through May 2012, more than four months after she became County Executive.

According to the communication between the supervisor secretary and the town attorney, although Conklin was listed as the grantor on the Sam's Club card, the account was not known to the Town and not on its books.

The emails indicate that Preston had agreed to pay off the debt and interest and sources tell NewsChannel 34 that she did indeed do so.

NewsChannel 34 is working to get Debbie Preston's response and will add it to the story as soon as we have it.

OK here you go..............She was never arrested.................I find it odd that the DA would say anything with the Media camped out on his door step in regards to his statement. He should have said I have no comment at this time. It's the timing of this whole thing and when the smoke clears everyone will be surprised.

I also find it interesting that the Media chases a story before a Cornwell's statement when i put up a story of possible abuse by Jason Garnar at the Family Foundation School just out side of Hancock, NY.

A student make a statement on the site the kids started who were abused. One of them an Emil Fischer made the remark that i quoted Jason Garnar is "nothing but big piece of garbage." The Media doesn't even look into the man who is running for County Executive?

I put this up weeks ago and not a word has been brought up about it!

OK here you go..............She was never arrested.................I find it odd that the DA would say anything with the Media camped out on his door step in regards to his statement. He should have said I have no comment at this time. It's the timing of this whole thing and when the smoke clears everyone will be surprised.

I also find it interesting that the Media chases a story before a Cornwell's statement when i put up a story of possible abuse by Jason Garnar at the Family Foundation School just out side of Hancock, NY.

A student make a statement on the site the kids started who were abused. One of them an Emil Fischer made the remark that i quoted Jason Garnar is "nothing but big piece of garbage." The Media doesn't even look into the man who is running for County Executive?

I put this up weeks ago and not a word has been brought up about it!

then I guess its ok to use a card issued to the town of Conklin to make purchases that APPEAR to be of a personal nature.....ok....then NOTHING else politicians of EITHER party do, should offend you......case closed.

then I guess its ok to use a card issued to the town of Conklin to make purchases that APPEAR to be of a personal nature.....ok....then NOTHING else politicians of EITHER party do, should offend you......case closed.

If she made the payments on the card then she could plead innocence.

WHO MADE THE PAYMENTS?????

The part of this that is missing is who made the monthly payments on the account? Was it the town or was it Preston?

From the story, the account was not on the records of the town. The implication here is that she stole the town's identity to get credit for personal use and continued using it for many months after leaving office. I'm assuming she paid it, since the town was not aware of it.

It sounds like there are felonies there.

The story does not preclude her being indicted or arrested. That is merely not part of the documentation leaked to NewsChannel 34.

Archived