CURIOUS STATEMENT FROM CORNWELL: We went down to Debbie Preston's office and were told she's unavailable

Bingking

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:lol:

Pete, are you and Debbie an item?

Preston opens a credit card in the town's name. "Ah, that could all be innocent."

Preston conceals it from the town, puts her personal contact information on it, and maxes it out with personal shopping sprees. "Yeah, but she made the payments."

Preston keeps using it after she's left the town's employment and undeniably has actual knowledge that she no longer has any right to use the town's name or credit. "Pfft, how is that a felony?"

Preston tells the town's lawyers she's taking care of it and immediately runs out to continue frantically using it for the following month, including buying four figures worth of dresses. "...OK, OK, that was stupid, but how did these emails get out anyway? That's the real scandal here!"

Pull yourself together. There is nothing she could be doing to you that's worth your dignity.

Look, I have disproved too many accusations here on BCVoice. First was the Karen Davis not living in Broome County Fiasco. Then the Dave Harder sending out a wrong newsletter fiasco.

Secondly, I will take what Preston did over someone who works for 15 years at a school where accusations about abuse were constantly made.

I will not Rush to Judgement. I want to see everything and hear both sides. mikeyme56 writes a lot but has NO PROOF. Sorry, that doesn't cut it with me.

My dignity is to get to the truth. Sorry if that offends you!

Look, I have disproved too many accusations here on BCVoice. First was the Karen Davis not living in Broome County Fiasco. Then the Dave Harder sending out a wrong newsletter fiasco.

Secondly, I will take what Preston did over someone who works for 15 years at a school where accusations about abuse were constantly made.

I will not Rush to Judgement. I want to see everything and hear both sides. mikeyme56 writes a lot but has NO PROOF. Sorry, that doesn't cut it with me.

I have the PROOF that Garnar called Citizen Action people and Blacks SCUMBAGS. I have the PROOF This is NOT BS. Anyone that want's it can Call me and I will give to them!!!! 607-761-8672.

Not only that the School where he worked the boy who made the remark says a lot about Garnar's character while abuse was going on at the school.

Did he abuse these kids or did he do nothing by watching what was going on to protect his Job and a pay check with his lips sealed! He shouldn't be getting a pass on this!!!

These accusations were made via NewsChannel 34, citing documents that they claim to have authenticated. Nothing that's being discussed at the moment involves accusations on BCVoice or mikeyme56's claims.

I'm going to have to respectfully challenge your assertion that you want to "get to the truth", because I've pointed out numerous rebuttals to your defenses of Preston and each time, you've moved the goalpost, until you finally decided to blame whoever leaked the email for letting the information out. It would appear that you're actually just upset that the public became aware of the situation.

I'll certainly wait to hear Preston's side of the story at 4:00. However, unless it's "I did not do what these documents plainly say that I did", her side had best involve a bus ticket out of the county. Otherwise, she may as well use that card one more time to pick up an orange jumpsuit at Talbot's.

I have the PROOF that Garnar called Citizen Action people and Blacks SCUMBAGS. I Haver the PROOF This is NOT BS. Anyone that want's it can Call me and I will give to them!!!! 607-761-8672.

Holy confusing Garo....You hate Citizen action with a passion and if Garner calls them names this upsets you ?????????

These accusations were made via NewsChannel 34, citing documents that they claim to have authenticated. Nothing that's being discussed at the moment involves accusations on BCVoice or mikeyme56's claims.

I'm going to have to respectfully challenge your assertion that you want to "get to the truth", because I've pointed out numerous rebuttals to your defenses of Preston and each time, you've moved the goalpost, until you finally decided to blame whoever leaked the email for letting the information out. It would appear that you're actually just upset that the public became aware of the situation.

I'll certainly wait to hear Preston's side of the story at 4:00. However, unless it's "I did not do what these documents plainly say that I did", her side had best involve a bus ticket out of the county. Otherwise...

Agreed 1000%

I'll certainly wait to hear Preston's side of the story at 4:00. However, unless it's "I did not do what these documents plainly say that I did", her side had best involve a bus ticket out of the county. Otherwise, she may as well use that card one more time to pick up an orange jumpsuit at Talbot's.

If we know anything about the good Dr. Moss, it's that emails about crimes (alleged or otherwise) are far more important than any actual crimes themselves.

He doesn't get it. Opening and/or using a credit card that is not in your name (or spouse's in certain conditions) is both wrong AND illegal.

Period.

He'll never concede his defense of the indefensible.

If we know anything about the good Dr. Moss, it's that emails about crimes (alleged or otherwise) are far more important than any actual crimes themselves.

He doesn't get it. Opening and/or using a credit card that is not in your name (or spouse's in certain conditions) is both wrong AND illegal.

Period.

"I didn't steal it, I just borrowed it without permission" is a common enough moron's interpretation of the law - one that still gets you locked up.

I don't think PeteMoss is a moron. He should know better. That Preston apparently did not know better is the issue.

Holy confusing Garo....You hate Citizen action with a passion and if Garner calls them names this upsets you ?????????

No it's the point that he did it and is running for office trying hood wink the public into believing he's qualified when he's nothing but a hypocrite to say and do whatever it takes to get elected.

"Availability"?

One question left unanswered: will she be in handcuffs?

"Availability"?

No it's the point that he did it and is running for office trying hood wink the public into believing he's qualified when he's nothing but a hypocrite to say and do whatever it takes to get elected.

Call me Jack i have the evidence this not a joking matter then you can make up your own mind!!!!

"Availability"?

Hmmm... a government official with an unethical impropriety is suddenly unfit for office in your eyes. Finally, this must mean that you've seen the light on the national stage...

Period.

Nope, cognitive dissonance at it's finest. In BOTH cases it's the actions and information revealed in the emails that's important.

"I didn't steal it, I just borrowed it without permission" is a common enough moron's interpretation of the law - one that still gets you locked up.

I don't think PeteMoss is as big of a moron as Preston. He should know better.

It's almost a sure thing that he's not.

His blind spots for his party and their candidates are bigger, more dense and deeper than a black hole though.

The logic is the same of that Mom who got sentenced for kidnapping her own kids with the help of a methed up freak earlier this year: "They didn't want to stay in the foster home they were in, so we helped them leave."

She knew enough NOT to bring them home with her, but claimed she was doing it for the girls' sake.

Imagine that: the Executive of an entire county of one of our 50 states not knowing that she can't open a card in the Town of Conklin's bank account in her own name and use it to charge off clothes.

If she shouldn't be removed immediately from office for fraud and theft, she should be tossed out for gross incompetence and mismanagement of resources.

And "I was gonna pay it back doesn't work for ID theft any more than it does for petty larceny or bank robbery.

The stunning part is that some people act like they don't get it.

Hey Pete, put your name, address and SS# up so a bunch of us can open cc's in your name, aiiight?

Hmmm... a government official with an unethical impropriety is suddenly unfit for office in your eyes. Finally, this must mean that you've seen the light on the national stage...

We're not going there again today, are we?

Ok, I'll say it again.

No, I don't think she's a good fit for the office. Yes, she has too many questions and doubts about her capacity for transparency and honesty. Yes, they could have picked someone better suited for the office.

Yes, I constantly bash Drumpfzilla and rarely bash her. No, I have not ever suggested anyone vote for her, nor have I suggested that I will either.

To be redundant, of the two of them, I think he's FAR more dangerous and will be FAR more destructive to virtually every aspect of life in these United States than she would or can be.....yes, even considering her life and career.

They both have major issues with electbility but his, in my view, are more glaring. Even if it's a given that all other things are equal, she's also much smarter, much more adept at world politics and has a much better grasp on the realities involved in sitting in the Oval Office.

Don't even get me started on his capacity to be Commander in Chief of our military.

These documents were dropped off anonymously for a reason. It's not as if someone came forward when it happened!!!! They did it out of spite and to harm an election purposely. The county is looking into who did!!

Why would the county be looking into a leak from a town to a private media outlet? Is there some law against releasing negative information about candidates?

Is Little Debbie potentially misusing county resources for political purposes to protect her job?

Garo...I just don't understand is all....Like I said you dislike citizen Action, accuse Garner of being thier puppet, but then call ot Garner about calling them names ????....

Here's the deal....Preston's chances of getting reelected were slim to none at best before this latest fiasco came to light for her....She has been in office for some years now and for the life of me I can't think of one thing she has done on her own for this county.....She without a doubt needs to go....

On a personal note Garo...we known each other for decades and always considered you one of the good guys...but your support of Preston...Come on brother your smarter than that.....

Why would the county be looking into a leak from a town to a private media outlet? Is there some law against releasing negative information about candidates?

It sounds like a play out of the Drumpf Politics of Revenge text.

One good act of revenge always deserves reciprocity.

Is Little Debbie potentially misusing county resources for political purposes to protect her job?

Is there some law against releasing negative information about candidates?

Did you read the disclaimer at the bottom of the emails? The content is not to be disclosed!

Did someone steal you login?

The point is if documents have been sitting around in their possession for all this time then why is it just coming out NOW!!! Think!!!!

This just didn't happen their have been in possession of these documents for a few years then Poof they just happen to show up!!!

She and i repeat...........................She is NOT STEPPING DOWN!

New developments: Allegedly she was approached and given the option of stepping down and collecting her pension, or get fired and receive nothing, nada .This is the alleged latest news coming from the government offices this afternoon. We will have to see what she does.

Is there some law against releasing negative information about candidates?

Did you read the disclaimer at the bottom of the emails? The content is not to be disclosed!

Did someone steal you login?

Any first year law student can tell you that those disclaimers carry no legal weight. Additionally, emails including government accounts or activity are subject to FOIL. There are allowances for information to be withheld or redacted, but nothing in these emails fits that bill.

The point is if documents have been sitting around in their possession for all this time then why is it just coming out NOW!!! Think!!!!

Sorry, Garo, I want to be respectful here, but how is that "the point" and how is it any of the county's business?

I'm sure you're right that whoever leaked this did it because they hate Debbie Preston. If they owed a duty to the Town of Conklin to keep these emails private, that's between them and the Town of Conklin. The Town of Conklin might fire them and might sue them, but that's certainly not the county's domain. Beyond that, burning down Preston's campaign with truth is the leaker's God-given, Constitutionally-protected right as a free American. This isn't the CIA. It's the Town of Conklin. There's no "Top Secret" classification.

So let's go back and visit this question again. You said the county is "looking into" this. For what purpose? Are you or are you not saying that Debbie Preston is tasking county employees - paid with taxpayer dollars - with hunting down and exacting vengeance against her political opponents? If you have knowledge of this, you should spill it, because it sounds like something else for Cornwell to recuse himself from.

Archived