CURIOUS STATEMENT FROM CORNWELL: We went down to Debbie Preston's office and were told she's unavailable

Bingking

Any first year law student can tell you that those disclaimers carry no legal weight. Additionally, emails including government accounts or activity are subject to FOIL. There are allowances for information to be withheld or redacted, but nothing in these emails fits that bill.

Releasing lawyer/clilent emails is OK? I would have to disagree with you.

If it is OK to do this, why was this done anonymously?

Supposedly this is an ongoing investigation.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lawyers owe clients confidentiality. Clients do not owe lawyers confidentiality. If the Town of Conklin let the cat out of the bag, too bad, so sad - and even if the law firm screwed up and let it out, that's on them. They owed a duty to the their client, but the media and the public owe them nothing.

Supposedly this is an ongoing investigation.

Attorney/client privilege in the public sector is a little bit different than in the private. In both cases, there is a scope of privilege. It's not all encompassing on all communications.

These documents were dropped off anonymously for a reason. It's not as if someone came forward when it happened!!!! They did it out of spite and to harm an election purposely. The county is looking into who did!!

So how does that change the fact that what she did was completely and utterly despicable?

Thank you for whomever dropped off these off to the media. A great service was done to the citizens of Broome County. Good riddance 'Lil Deb.

Lots of people in Conklin and many other towns lost all of their personal items in the floods, Debbie. None of them were able to obtain a credit card in the name and good faith of a municipality, backed by pockets deeper than most people. I certainly couldn't open a card in the name of my employer, or my husbands, or our church, or our other organizations in order to get large credit and buy things I wanted or needed. Because it is illegal.

This isn't about something immoral, like cheating on a spouse or having sex with a subordinate- lots of politicians do that. This is taking advantage of the good name and credit of a public entity for public gain.

You should be ashamed, Debbie, and you should resign. And stop the fake tears. You can't spin yourself into the victim this time.

So how does that change the fact that what she did was completely and utterly despicable?

Thank you for whomever dropped off these off to the media. A great service was done to the citizens of Broome County. Good riddance 'Lil Deb.

Not so fast.......................It's not over yet. The Blackmail that Debbie touched on has yet to be followed of how person's were trying to Blackmail her to resign and asking for favor's. As she stated in the News Conference The issue with the card was cleared up and the Town of Conklin didn't have a problem with it and it was over..................My question is if they did have a problem with it why did they wait till NOW. I'm sure those papers were in the Town of Conklin's possession for quite sometime. So WHO was behind releasing them!! Politically Motivation!!! That's why!!!!

I have the PROOF that Garnar called Citizen Action people and Blacks SCUMBAGS. I have the PROOF This is NOT BS. Anyone that want's it can Call me and I will give to them!!!! 607-761-8672.

Not only that the School where he worked the boy who made the remark says a lot about Garnar's character while abuse was going on at the school.

Did he abuse these kids or did he do nothing by watching what was going on to protect his Job and a pay check with his lips sealed! He shouldn't be getting a pass on this!!!

So......lets see the proof......all I have against the BCE is her dead husbands words.....spoken to his daughter......that's it.....you have written or visual proof of something......don't be shy......lets see it........as I recall, you have said you have proof about things many times before, and have never produced it.......shame on you.

So......lets see the proof......all I have against the BCE is her dead husbands words.....spoken to his daughter......that's it.....you have written or visual proof of something......don't be shy......lets see it........as I recall, you have said you have proof about things many times before, and have never produced it.......shame on you.

No shame on you call and i will produce the proof of what i'm telling you!

Well Mikeyme56 you've been blowing up BCVoice over this issue for a while now! I also find it interesting how you just joined BCV in April 2nd of 2015. That would put you right in the time of Jason Garnar getting ready to start the ball rolling for his campaign! NO.....Yes???

Not so fast.......................It's not over yet. The Blackmail that Debbie touched on has yet to be followed of how person's were trying to Blackmail her to resign and asking for favor's. As she stated in the News Conference The issue with the card was cleared up and the Town of Conklin didn't have a problem with it and it was over..................My question is if they did have a problem with it why did they wait till NOW. I'm sure those papers were in the Town of Conklin's possession for quite sometime. So WHO was behind releasing them!! Politically Motivation!!! That's why!!!!

If they didn't have a problem with it, she could have kept using the card.

If Preston is covering up five-figure financial schemes that make her a blackmail target, how is she suitable to hold public office again?

The blackmail that she touched on sounded like a laughable lie. Such overacting with the crocodile tears and accusing the media of persecuting her. Then she's asked who it was that tried to blackmail her? "I can't say! I can't!"

Then she decides that people have tried to blackmail her REPEATEDLY over this? Poor Debbie and her army of anonymous tormentors who have "taken everything from her".

Cry harder, maybe they won't handcuff you, you f***ing fruitcake.

If they didn't have a problem with it, she could have kept using the card.

If Preston is covering up five-figure financial schemes that make her a blackmail target, how is she suitable to hold public office again?

The blackmail that she touched on sounded like a laughable lie. Such overacting with the crocodile tears and accusing the media of persecuting her. Then she's asked who it was that tried to blackmail her? "I can't say! I can't!"

Then she decides that people have tried to blackmail her REPEATEDLY over this? Poor Debbie and her army of anonymous tormentors who have "taken everything from her".

Cry harder, maybe they won't handcuff you, you f***ing fruitcake.

Talk about backtracking.......

Give the real Bingoloid his login back. He was never this out to lunch.

Talk about backtracking.......

Give the real Bingoloid his login back. He was never this out to lunch.

She didn't say she isn't facing criminal charges.

She said she hasn't been arrested or - to her knowledge - indicted. When she was asked if she expected to face criminal charges, she refused to answer and just repeated that again.

Another report stated that the criminal investigation has been carried out and is awaiting the appointment of a special prosecutor.

Oscar-winning performance from a lowlife. "I will fight this." Fight what, if she's not planning on facing a trial?

At times, in the past, I've defended her against claims that were unfair - people complaining about her seeking treatment downstate, etc. - and jokingly criticized her over things that were fair, her jewelry, etc. - but this is just insane. It's not funny anymore.

Think it through. She says she doesn't deserve to be destroyed? What's destroying her? The bare facts about her her own actions? Yeah, she does deserve it. If this had been known in 2012, she'd have never been elected.

Archived