CURIOUS STATEMENT FROM CORNWELL: We went down to Debbie Preston's office and were told she's unavailable

Bingking

never thought of that angle.....anything is possible....it certainly seems that she had problems with binge shopping....my understanding is that the APD embezzlement was under similar circumstances (now hearing, that it also involved purchase of a car for her boyfriend).......the whole thing makes my wife and I ill....especially when she tried to blame others for her husbands death.......Paul Preston was a good man....he did good things for the town of Conklin.....his memory is being mixed in with the mess his wife created.....makes my wife and also myself angry.

What also bothers me about her statement yesterday is that she claims some mysterious phone call came in to her office and the person on the other line pressured her to vote for someone or something and when she refused that the person on the phone could be behind this... Gimme a break lady

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

never thought of that angle.....anything is possible....it certainly seems that she had problems with binge shopping....my understanding is that the APD embezzlement was under similar circumstances (now hearing, that it also involved purchase of a car for her boyfriend).......the whole thing makes my wife and I ill....especially when she tried to blame others for her husbands death.......Paul Preston was a good man....he did good things for the town of Conklin.....his memory is being mixed in with the mess his wife created.....makes my wife and also myself angry.

Debbie Preston makes me sick. Those crocodile tears were so fake. I feel like we have been ripped off and as usual in this area this business with Debbie and the Town Credit Card will be swept under the carpet.. All I know is that Mr. Paul Preston was a good man who would help anyone out. He didn't deserve the mistreatment from Debbie that he received. I want to know why Jim Finch and Town Officials covered this up credit card nonsense. Jim Finch must have known she had a credit card in hers and the Town of Conklins name. I don't think much of Jim Finch nor Gorgos either. They are all full of bullshit. Town of Conklin meetings are a circus and all of the clowns try to shut residents up or ignore their questions. Debbie Preston doesn't have Tom Libous around any more to cover her ass.

As for Jason Garner I am appalled and disgusted by the letter he wrote that is posted here. All I know is when I go to the polls on election day I won't vote for Preston or Garner.

Those crocodile tears were so fake. I feel like we have been ripped off and as usual in this area this business with Debbie and the Town Credit Card will be swept under the carpet..

They are all full of bullshit.

Debbie Preston doesn't have Tom Libous around any more.

-Zingo!

-Zinger!

-Too many of them follow in the Master's well traveled footsteps. All the Repubs on BCV are constantly whining about all the corruption in the Dem. camp, but they are truly the Zen Masters of the Tradecraft of Graft. It takes a thief.

Nice sexist statement.

It's been true in my life and the lives of many men I know.

It's a sexist practice that women use to manipulate men. Almost every woman I've ever been involved with used it to her advantage.

Men have habits. So do women. Does it make me sexist if I make observations about human behavior?

Nice sexist statement.

I don't think it's that sexist. Society doesn't generally allow men to get away with this, but there are many women out there who have learned that they can use crying to make people stop questioning their version of events.

She even combined it with "you've taken everything from me, you can't hurt me anymore, you've gotten too much from me already, I've lost everything, and I did it all for you".

I've seen women do this on command. You bring up an uncomfortable subject, they start loudly weeping; you change the subject, they stop; you start to steer the subject back again and they start crying again. It's terrifying once you realize what's happening.

I don't think it's that sexist. Society doesn't generally allow men to get away with this, but there are many women out there who have learned that they can use crying to make people stop questioning their version of events.

I've seen women do this on command. You bring up an uncomfortable subject, they start loudly weeping; you change the subject, they stop; you start to steer the subject back again and they start crying again. It's terrifying once you realize what's happening.

It took me until I was in my early 30's to catch on. "Some" women know that if they're losing the argument, the best way to get out without capitulating is to escalate the tension with emotionally charged statements or accusations and, as soon as the man gets even a little heated about defending himself and the voices start to get a little louder, start crying or getting louder with the "you're making me VERY upset" in their voice.

The unspoken message is "you're hurting me and you need to STOP!"

Every guy who's been party to this gets the message loud and clear. Those of us who aren't total beasts usually back off or down completely.

And, of course, calling them on this type of manipulation only adds to the "hurt" you're causing them, making it exponentially worse.

"How dare you...? I would NEVER...!"

At this juncture, you're a totally worthless human being and a brute. Why does she bother putting up with you?

Note that I said "some" women and not "most." "Most" only applies to the women I've been involved with for 40+ years. Cue the comments about the kind of women I've known. I know it's coming, so lets get that bullshit out of the way.

If there's a man on this board who doesn't know what I'm talking about, please respond with a little "I've never seen that happen."

Let's see how many responses I get.

She even combined it with "you've taken everything from me, you can't hurt me anymore, you've gotten too much from me already, I've lost everything, and I did it all for you".

It was meant sarcastically. Although, if the same statement came out of the right (or wrong, depending on your perspective) person's mouth, there would a 48 hour news cycle on how sexist it is.

Hey mikeme56 ,it's not good to call people Liars unless you have the balls to back it up. Apparently you are just a internet tough guy,running your mouth off about Garo.He told you to go see him in person but in all probability ,you'll keep being an internet tough guy.You ought to go visit him and see what proof he does have.I'd love to be there and see what your response would be but everyone on here can tell that your nothing but A Girly Boy,not even a man.

Hey mikeme56 ,it's not good to call people Liars unless you have the balls to back it up. Apparently you are just a internet tough guy,running your mouth off about Garo.He told you to go see him in person but in all probability ,you'll keep being an internet tough guy.You ought to go visit him and see what proof he does have.I'd love to be there and see what your response would be but everyone on here can tell that your nothing but A Girly Boy,not even a man.

Perhaps he is hoping to be grabbed by Trump!

oh dear.....im pissing my pants, cause you scare the living daylights out of me......by the way....he offered his "so called proof", on here in case you missed his post....there isn't much proof of anything in it......most people reading it agree......AND.....I don't think "everyone on here " agrees with you ...you small, small rat.

If she needed a credit card to shop for clothing, why did she not open one in her own name? In 2011, the year she opened the credit card in her and the Towns name, her salary as Town Supervisor was $51,606, well above the median family income in the Town of $43,000. That would seem adequate for her to qualify for a credit card. When she became County Executive, her salary increased to more than $90,000. And, of course, this is over and above her earnings from selling Avon products out of her office. All in all, not too bad for a high school dropout. So, why did she need to rely on the credit of the Town to get a credit card? Anyone who has ever had a security clearance knows that bad credit is grounds for being denied access to sensitive information. The reason is obvious: someone with financial problems is subject to compromise. In fact, the primary reason people have given state secrets to other countries is for financial gain. In private industry, those with fiduciary responsibility routinely have their credit checked to assess their likelihood of engaging in embezzlement or other financial crimes. Credit card companies will give a card to pretty much anyone with a pulse. If Ms. Preston, with an above average income, cannot qualify for a credit card, should we really be entrusting her with our hard-earned tax dollars? If she is not creditworthy enough to get a line of credit on her own, do we want her managing more than $300M of our money?

I call on Ms. Preston, and on her opponent Jason Garner, to immediately make public their tax returns and their credit scores. We have a right to know whether they can be entrusted with our finances

Archived