thomas

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, thomas said:

If you have no masks try a bandana. Better than nothing.

I'm watching the mask debate on Fox right now. In my opinion, if your are at risk (as wolfman stated he is, I am too) definitely wear a mask. When you come in from outdoors, take off your coat, walk to the sink, TURN ON THE WATER... WARM NOT HOT.. drop the mask in a disposable container...I use an empty coffee can, then wash your hands. If you are using some kind of cloth mask you can wash it at the same time and let it air dry.

Dr Fauci just relayed...there is a psychological element to wearing a mask. One it makes you feel better about going about your business but it also makes you more aware of what you're doing in terms of transmission. 

You know I said when this started they were going to find it was a mistake telling people not to wear a mask...2 masks, yours and mine are more safe than none.

So bingoloid...where'd you get yours?  :) 

26 minutes ago, ginger said:

I'm watching the mask debate on Fox right now. In my opinion, if your are at risk (as wolfman stated he is, I am too) definitely wear a mask. When you come in from outdoors, take off your coat, walk to the sink, TURN ON THE WATER... WARM NOT HOT.. drop the mask in a disposable container...I use an empty coffee can, then wash your hands. If you are using some kind of cloth mask you can wash it at the same time and let it air dry.

Dr Fauci just relayed...there is a psychological element to wearing a mask. One it makes you feel better about going about your business but it also makes you more aware of what you're doing in terms of transmission. 

You know I said when this started they were going to find it was a mistake telling people not to wear a mask...2 masks, yours and mine are more safe than none.

So bingoloid...where'd you get yours?  :) 

I have read and watched so much that I can't remember where I learned something.  What I do remember is that someplace a person said that the initial advice to people was that wearing a mask would not protect you.  This was recommended to save the mask for medical people.

This is stupid and I realized that when I first heard about it.  Any mask is better than no mask.  It just makes sense.  So we were lied to.   

7 minutes ago, PeteMoss said:

I have read and watched so much that I can't remember where I learned something.  What I do remember is that someplace a person said that the initial advice to people was that wearing a mask would not protect you.  This was recommended to save the mask for medical people.

This is stupid and I realized that when I first heard about it.  Any mask is better than no mask.  It just makes sense.  So we were lied to.   

^ Not necessarily, you're supposed to change masks when they get wet, pretty much 20 minutes is the rule of thumb. If you are wearing a mask while grocery shopping chances are you maybe in there longer than 20 minutes. just stopping at the convenience store where people are closer together is what I had in mind.

I feel horrible, yesterday I mentioned John Cordisco taking reservations for bath tissue and then I see on the news this morning in the city the grocery stores are only allowing a certain amount of people in at one time and you can make a reservation by phone app. I hope it doesn't come to that here.

Something else to consider..while we don't know who may or may not be infected...the numbers do not suggest a huge community viral load as compared to that map Thomas posts for NYC. A couple of days ago I once again asked my daughter to consider coming home because the community viral load is getting too hot. Of course they would self isolate for a few weeks.

On 3/26/2020 at 3:19 PM, JoeTheDrunk said:

Need to setup roadblocks. 

I think Senator Akshar should direct the sheriffs to monitor all exits into Broome County. No new admissions unless you have family here.

Good morning. So I was out and about for work last night and the girls are telling me about a coworker who showed up to work sick. She had a temp, a headache and cold symptoms. Her bosses sent her home and told her to be back in 7 days. The facility is clean, meaning not covid positive. Her coworkers were appalled that she has to come back to work after 7 days and not 14. I actually had to correct them. The self isolation is 14 days for exposure. If you are sick it's 14 days after the last of your symptoms disappear. 

Here's what I want...I want Senator Akshar to compile a list of every healthcare facility in Broome County including hospitals. At the beginning of the shift I want the sheriff to split that list up among his deputies. At sometime during their shift they should show up at the facilities on their list. They should request to see the staffing documentation and request a physical count of the staff per unit to see if it matches up. All short staffing should be reported to the senator himself. The senator should make a phone call to the administrator and the owners to find out why they are not compliant and when they plan to be. We're in a state of emergency. The elderly are the most vulnerable. It's a public safety issue, the senator needs to be able to assess these situations in a fluid manner.

6 hours ago, ginger said:

I think Senator Akshar should direct the sheriffs to monitor all exits into Broome County. No new admissions unless you have family here.

He's a legislator. He has no power to direct anyone to do anything. He has no more power than you do. He has a platform and a voice as an elected official. That's it.  

• thomas changed the title to Broome County covid cases