BOMBSHELL:  DA Michael Korchak operating unauthorized 'Traffic Diversion' program.  Could cost Broome County millions of dollars

BCVoice

1 hour ago, 92CorruptCourtStreet said:

If one Democrat contacts NYS Attorney General Letitia James about the mishandling of BC DA office she will get him removed because she is a major leftist!!!

I’m no Democrat, but I’m calling the AG office Monday morning, after I call the DA office and ask where the hell my $400 went, and why they’re trying to suspend my license, after I did everything required of me.

The Broome County Legislature should issue a public & very strongly worded censure of Korchak and his office, for what has happened. Then, the county should take over financial management of the DA’s office until a new DA is elected.

Korchak should resign, but I don’t think he will. Until a new DA is elected this seems to be the most reasonable way to move things forward. 

Let me get this straight. The finance person Pamela Memos took a $14,000 raise then let this happen? Are you kidding me? And now she’s cost Broome County millions of dollars? Anyone who had anything to do with this needs to be fired. And Korchak needs to be fired by the voters. 

16 hours ago, Clyde said:

I’m at a loss for words. I have to put this up there with Tim Grippen’s 42% tax increase as the biggest failures in the history of Broome County government. 

Unfortunately Mike Korchak, nice guy or not, well intentioned or not, does not have the abilities needed to serve as District Attorney. In the interests of moving the DA’s office forward, and best serving the people of Broome County, Korchak should resign and let someone who can handle the job serve as DA.

I would have to agree with that. I remember the 42% property tax increase, and it did not go over well. Nor should it have.

This is probably one of the greatest failures of a DA’s office in New York State history.

I assume we should expect a public statement from Korchak tomorrow, what happened, and how he thinks he can fix it? Or will he just resign?

This is so unfortunate for everyone who benefits from that funding, the county, the towns and villages, the drug programs, the law enforcement agencies, but it never should have happened. It’s inexcusable. On top of that, all these people who should have been monitoring the program and the funding all got raises! Korchak, Loughran, Memos, all got big money. There is absolutely no excuse for this. Korchak, Loughran and Memos all need to go. 

I agree Cornwell did an awesome job. Never had to worry about this when he was in office. He should be DA again or someone new who can do the job well. Anyone but Korchak!

2 hours ago, Back the Blue said:

This is so unfortunate for everyone who benefits from that funding, the county, the towns and villages, the drug programs, the law enforcement agencies, but it never should have happened. It’s inexcusable. On top of that, all these people who should have been monitoring the program and the funding all got raises! Korchak, Loughran, Memos, all got big money. There is absolutely no excuse for this. Korchak, Loughran and Memos all need to go. 

I agree Cornwell did an awesome job. Never had to worry about this when he was in office. He should be DA again or someone new who can do the job well. Anyone but Korchak!

They are too busy going around stalking employees, getting involved in their personal lives (sick days, vacation days), to do their own damn jobs.  If they focused on their own jobs none of this would have happened.  I know a woman who's life they made miserable until she quit.  They are bullies!  

Korchak is being mocked by everyone in county government. He can’t seem to understand why he’s a total failure. He’s looking for sympathy and not finding any.

During Covid he gave substantial raises even though his office was closed. There were no raises given at the Health Dept or Emergency Services, who have been working around the clock for over a year. Raises were even denied at Emergency Services.

Korchak’s finance woman Pam failed to renew the traffic diversion program, after getting her big raise. The fact she hasn’t been fired goes to show how clueless Korchak is. This is one of the biggest derelictions of duty I’ve ever seen.

• 4 months later...

Shame on Michael Korchak for using delay tactics to prevent the release of information on the expiration and illegal operation of the Broome County Traffic Diversion Program.  On 5/1/2021 BCVoice FOIL'd for documents and emails regarding the program, its expiration, and the communication that followed between Korchak and his employees.  Nearly FIVE MONTHS have passed, and not a single document has been released.  Korchak continues to DELAY DELAY DELAY, coming up with excuses every few weeks why not even a single document has been turned over, in response to our FOIL.

Korchak's incompetence, leading to the expiration of the Traffic Diversion Program is one of the biggest failures of an elected official in Broome County history.  And his illegal operation of the program, after it expired, in violation of NYS and local laws, is criminal.