Sheriff’s Law Enforcement Academy Graduation - what a disgrace

Joe Friday

Being retired from law enforcement I enjoy attending the Sheriff’s Law Enforcement Academy graduation ceremony every year. Every law enforcement agency in the area sends their recruits to this academy. For years it has been a wonderful event, emotional for me and many others.

This year I am disgusted. David Harder let his granddaughter Erica (a civilian) run the entire event. We are told he also paid her. How is David Harder allowed to get away with this nepotism with taxpayer money? It must be nice to be a member of the Harder family. She could care less about the recruits. She’s moving to Florida next month. What a slap in the face to retired and current law enforcement officers. 

And the speaker was Korchak. He was horrible. This was all set up by Kate Newcomb. Because Korchak and Newcomb are both against Fred Akshar. 

Kate Newcomb and Erica Harder ruined what was once an honorable and prestigious event. I feel bad for all the recruits and families who just sat through a political rally for Kate Newcomb. 

Newbomb and Korchak don’t care about any of today’s graduates. They only care about themselves and their upcoming elections.

2 hours ago, Broome Report said:

Newcomb has become a political activist for the Democratic Party. Her duties at the sheriff’s office now come second, her top priority is pleasing Barb Fiala and the Broome County Democrats. 

barb Fiala contributed to Mara Grace Campaign. Chris Grace was the opening Speaker for one of Korchaks Camaoign Event. DONT vote for Any of the else people come election time 

1 hour ago, Baldy466 said:

According to See Through NY she only made a little over $7k in 2020. She was only there part time and was helping the director of the police academy. 

SeeThroughNY is often not accurate. 

I agree it’s not proper for the sheriff to hire whoever he wants, in this case his granddaughter. I would be interested to hear how the county structures that position. 

Hmmm, good thinking to look. Actually, it looks like she made $11, 357 in 2020 based on the Broome County website and looking back, it seems like it's gotten increasingly more every year. Also, even more interesting is that it looks like she works for corrections? I guess I thought the graduation she was helping with was for the Police Academy? If not, why is corrections paying for someone to work for the Police Academy.

Who is the Academy Director anyway? From what I saw, it seems like it was her up there the whole time

Can't wait to see what she actually made in 2021! #nepotismatitsfinest