NOT GUILTY ON ALL CHARGES - Colonial Rape case

BCVoice

In 2019 Korchak used and exploited the Stantz family to win the DA's race. Over the last year or so he focused on a few cases he thought he could use to evoke the same emotion out of Broome County voters, the Colonial was one of those cases. If Korchak did his job, the Kwellers and Rindgen never should have been charged.  And when the text messages came out (which should have been part of the investigation, before anyone was arrested) Korchak should have dismissed the charges in the interest of justice.  But Korchak did what Korchak does, destroyed evidence, instructed the victim to destroy evidence, and tried to railroad these guys for his own political future. 

Korchak is a DA who would send innocent men to prison just so he can be re-elected. Luckily the voters saw through his charade. Good riddance Korchak, this is your legacy... using the criminal justice system for your own political reasons. 

I have to agree with all that is said here.  It's a complete outrage how Korchak handled this case.  DA's don't go forward with cases all the time when evidence is unearthed, but in this case he should have had that evidence in the first place.  The Colonial guys aren't saints, but they never should have been charged, and they absolutely never should have had to go to a trial.  Anyone at the DA's office who had any hand in this case should be sued and maybe even prosecuted themselves. 

Korchak only released what he wanted to make the public view these men as monsters.  He and everyone in his office should be ashamed of themselves.  

The people who stood with Ron and Leor Kweller and Jordan Rindgen should be applauded for their bravery, including Mark Yonaty, Ron Sall, Paul Battisti and the Kweller and Rindgen families. 

39 minutes ago, Sandpiper said:

The supporters of Korchak who enabled him to do all this damage to Broome County should never be forgotten or forgiven.  These people also have blood on their hands:  Richard Bucci, Sophia Resciniti, Tipsy Joe Mihalko and Kate Newcomb. 

Don't forget racist UE school board member Joe Ozvold, one of Korchak's biggest donors.  

It's a travesty the DA's office did what they did in this case.  I'm not a legal expert, so let me ask.. when these men sue, is the county on the hook, or is it Korchak and his employees? I think the county is self-insured and I sure as hell don't want my tax dollars paying for Korchak's unethical actions.

They are seeking damages as they should.  But Korchak should have to pay, not us tax payers.  

Here's the prosecutorial misconduct examples announced from one of the defense attorneys:  https://fastlawpc.com/press-release-jury-acquits-on-all-charges-on-the-colonial-rape-case/

DESPITE THEIR ETHICAL AND LEGAL OBLIGATIONS, THE BROOME COUNTY DISTRICT ATTORNEY’S OFFICE SOUGHT A CONVICTION OF INNOCENT MEN AT ALL COSTS. TRIAL TESTIMONY AND EVIDENCE REVEALED NUMEROUS EXAMPLES OF SHOCKING PROSECUTORIAL MISCONDUCT INCLUDING:  

• SENIOR ASSISTANT DISTRICT ATTORNEY ALYSSA CONGDON AND THE BROOME COUNTY DISTRICT ATTORNEY’S OFFICE INSTRUCTED A COMPLAINANT TO “DELETE” HER SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNTS. 
  • SENIOR ADA CONGDON WITHHELD ONE OF THE COMPLAINANT’S TEXT MESSAGES THAT STATED THAT THE ALLEGED ENCOUNTER WAS CONSENSUAL UNTIL MONTHS AFTER THE GRAND JURY RETURNED AN INDICTMENT. 
  • THE BROOME COUNTY DISTRICT ATTORNEY’S OFFICE FAILED TO PRESERVE AN HOUR AND A HALF OF FAVORABLE BODY WORN CAMERA FOOTAGE OF A RESPONDING TROOPER. PRIOR TO ITS DELETION, THE DEFENSE HAD REQUESTED THAT THE DISTRICT ATTORNEY’S OFFICE PRESERVE AND DISCLOSE THIS EVIDENCE.