Shooting at Civic Assoc - Exclusive Pictures

dlinclimo

I know a Dr. King who is an ENT....are there 2 Dr. King's in the area? One, an ENT and another an allergist????

=

Look in Yahoo News for the story and scroll halfway down too see if same Dr King...it gaves family details...

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.pressconnects.com/article/20090...NEWS01/90404014

Teacher at Civic Association among dead

April 4, 2009

A 72-year-old Binghamton woman who taught at the American Civic Association, her family confirmed.

Roberta King was among the 14 people who died at the Front Street location, said her son-in-law, Todd Lerner.

According to fellow instructor Priscilla Pease, King was the substitute teacher in the class the gunman entered Friday.

King was filling in for Elizabeth Hayes, who had taken vacation. That class is typically about 27 students, but Pease believes there were fewer than 27 students in King's classroom on Friday.

Guest Guest
Obviously they are a BU student, pay attention, BU has buildings in downtown Binghamton, close to Front St. There is also a lot of student housing, which is approved through the school, practically next door to the Civic Association. Therefore, being that the school knows there are classes & housing for their students near where this tragedy took place, it would have been in their best interest to warn their students and make sure they stay safe.

We need to make up our minds then. There are students all over the city. We cant pretend the city is a safe place to live any longer. The news only interviewed people who live in the area. They claim it is a safe neighborhood. IT IS NOT. Those few blocks from Main to Clinton are the worst areas in the city. Everytime there is a shooting, a mugging, or a robbery the students should be notified? Hell we're lucky if it hits the newspaper.

Campus can only get out the information they have. They were passing it along as they were getting it. It should have been up to the Mayors office to issue a statement.They asked everyone to stay off the streets not to text or use cell phones How many students do you think complied with that order. If they were inside like they were supposed to be they would have been notified by TV radio or computer just like the rest of us. They are supposidly smart people try using a little common sense. Either City Hall dropped the ball or there wasnt any need to worry. Patterson was on TV long before we got phone alerts. If his office knew about the situation maybe his office dropped the ball.

=

Guest uncle Festus*
So it was sarcasm? If so I apologize.

Yes, my post was meant as sarcasm. It appears that the state is going to fall short of it's budget again, but there are the Governor and others, in effect, offering to give more money which it (they) do not have. So there was my sarcasm.

uncle Festus*

By the way, I got screwed-up in my spelling of "disDain" in the previous post. I seem to often have trouble with the letters "d" and "t", for some reason. "CongraTulations" is one of those words that constantly give me trouble.

Guest tragic
Re: Paterson's presence, his Handler's probably told him it might boost his ratings.

Re: Tom, he's FROM here.

As stated many times, this is a tragic situation for families, friends, and the Binghamton area. It is also tragic and shameful that some people on this forum will use the senseless act the exact same way they perceive the politicians are using the situation. Why bash the politicians for showing up, you would have bashed them if they had not. Please refrain from bashing the community and the leadership. This is not a time for that. Help the community recover from this by showing support, condolence, and sharing prayers.

Why do we need all those politicians here? Patterson and Hinchey flew in from Albany-for what? How much did that cost the taxpayers? What did they accomplish here that they didnt already say from Albany? Dont they understand desperate people do desperate things? Bottom line weither the man was "degraded" because of his language skills or he just didnt fit in, he lost his job. There are thousands of New Yorkers in the same boat. People are going to start getting crazy. They can only take so much. Under the circumstances and out of respect for ALL New Yorkers Patterson,Hinchey Libous had no business being here. Pattersons plan for NY is to lay off thousands more people. Doesnt he realize the potential his actions can have.

I think it's clearly one of those "damned if they do, damned if they don't" situations. Had they not some, they would have been lambasted by many for not coming. They did come so many others blast them for spending the taxpayers money on the expense.

We all have different views on what their jobs are and everything it entails. After an event like what occurred here yesterday, I for one am not going to fault anyone for what they did or said. I will though highly praise those that deserve it, like our Chief Of Police at the 5pm Press Conference yesterday, and this very forum for being a good source of information before the news websites like CNN.com etc got a good handle on the events.

W

@

Guest Guest
http://www.pressconnects.com/article/20090...NEWS01/90404014

Teacher at Civic Association among dead

April 4, 2009

A 72-year-old Binghamton woman who taught at the American Civic Association, her family confirmed.

Roberta King was among the 14 people who died at the Front Street location, said her son-in-law, Todd Lerner.

According to fellow instructor Priscilla Pease, King was the substitute teacher in the class the gunman entered Friday.

King was filling in for Elizabeth Hayes, who had taken vacation. That class is typically about 27 students, but Pease believes there were fewer than 27 students in King's classroom on Friday.

Is she the one who had the dolls on display at the Kilmer mansion?

@

Guest Guest

I didn't read this whole thread, too many negative people being idiots about this.

I just wanted to say that I think everyone involved in this did a great job handling it. I work at Wilson, and saw first hand the way this was handled, at least on our end, and I must say, that everyone did a terrific job. Kudos to the police, paramedics, and all that responded to the scene, and to the hospital, and everywhere in between. Also, to the woman who originally phoned 911 after being shot. She's a hero and should be recognized as such.

Guest Guest

Also, I was in the area last night around 10 o'clock, so I walked down to Front Street on the Binghamton Club side, and seeing all the news trucks, and the whole scene was just so surreal.

Guest Guest

Watching the FOX News conference; It's been confirmed that the shooter did have a registered gun. He did have a permit and he had a bullet proof vest on. They are speculating that this shooter was upset because he was being ridiculed for the way he spoke broken English. An informant stated that they suspected he had a cocaine issue, he was highly depressed and a news article stated that he hated America.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/2009/04/04...ly_wong_co.html

@

Watching the FOX News conference; It's been confirmed that the shooter did have a registered gun. He did have a permit and he had a bullet proof vest on. They are speculating that this shooter was upset because he was being ridiculed for the way he spoke broken English. An informant stated that they suspected he had a cocaine issue, he was highly depressed and a news article stated that he hated America.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/2009/04/04...ly_wong_co.html

Where in the story in your referenced link does it say he had a pistol permit?

Guest Guest

There are some deeper issues here than leadership and political views.

Unfortunately on FOX news live broadcast feeds this morning, they stated that the shooter acquired a gun permit in Broome County back in 96-97, he couldn't remember the exact year. They also stated he had a bullet proof vest on. If you go to FOX News or CNN .com sites, I'm sure you can watch the feed.

The deeper issue is here: It was stated that the shooter hated America. This leaves a bad taste with the American and community people. The vietnamese communities are growing in number in the Binghamton area. They are close and tight nit communities. We know them, we've seen them. They work at our resturants, nail salons and they own business in Broome County. The deeper problem is: Do you honestly think that THE SHOOTER was the ONLY person in these communities that FEEL the way the SHOOTER did? No, not everyone is going to do what he did. BUT............ Will there be more?

There are some deeper issues here than leadership and political views.

Unfortunately on FOX news live broadcast feeds this morning, they stated that the shooter acquired a gun permit in Broome County back in 96-97, he couldn't remember the exact year. They also stated he had a bullet proof vest on. If you go to FOX News or CNN .com sites, I'm sure you can watch the feed.

The deeper issue is here: It was stated that the shooter hated America. This leaves a bad taste with the American and community people. The vietnamese communities are growing in number in the Binghamton area. They are close and tight nit communities. We know them, we've seen them. They work at our resturants, nail salons and they own business in Broome County. The deeper problem is: Do you honestly think that THE SHOOTER was the ONLY person in these communities that FEEL the way the SHOOTER did? No, not everyone is going to do what he did. BUT............ Will there be more?

The capacity for a human to snap exists in every community. The boys who did the shooting in Columbine were not immigrants. Timothy McVeigh was not an immigrant. I don't think that we have to worry about immigrant communities but about helping anyone who is sinking into depression and or/violent and destructive ideation. I'm not always happy with my country, I'd never kill anyone...such behavior goes far afield of any norm.

@

Guest Guest

He had a previous arrest record in California and a pistol permit. When I got mine the references were questioned.

(Italian last name) I waited months with a spotless record. The sheriffs department is supposed to investigate criminal records before issuance. The shooters friends and neighbors were not surprised and knew he was armed. There is a lot wrong here.

If it were not fire arms this guy could just make a trip to a hardware store and then Radioshack. Remember the Unabomber? If someone wants to take people out there are many ways to do it. Great Britain has gotten down to regulating kitchen knives. Regulate all you want, the worlds wackos will always find a way. They have since the discovery of rocks and clubs. Then again, the other guy had a rock and club to.

Who do bullies pick on. The weak. Those that cannot protect themselves. That is just what any nut job does. Go after people that are low threat risks that can't fight back. He could have blocked that back door after a trip to the Quickie Pump & Grub with a gallon can. What next regulate gasoline, out law charcoal, sulfur and nitrates (common food additive). Using a registered firearm is the most difficult method, expensive and time consuming.

Go ahead, regulate and be a sheep. This old goat will never be easily murdered like those innocent, decent people yesterday. Laws do not prevent, they only apply after the fact. I would have my loved ones and myself alive then deal with the Justice System later. Freedom, Life and Liberty always has a price. This is NY, what can they do? Execute me?

There is the law. There is Justice. There is a difference. Ask a lawyer. The law does not equate justice. Ask any Black or Native American.

@

As stated many times, this is a tragic situation for families, friends, and the Binghamton area. It is also tragic and shameful that some people on this forum will use the senseless act the exact same way they perceive the politicians are using the situation. Why bash the politicians for showing up, you would have bashed them if they had not. Please refrain from bashing the community and the leadership. This is not a time for that. Help the community recover from this by showing support, condolence, and sharing prayers.

No, I wouldn't have, but thanks for attempting to put words in my mouth, so to speak.

Please refrain from doing so. :rolleyes:

@

Guest guest
BCVoice has obtained exculsive pictures of this incident:

AmericanCivicAssociation010.jpg

AmericanCivicAssociation009.jpg

AmericanCivicAssociation008.jpg

AmericanCivicAssociation007.jpg

AmericanCivicAssociation006.jpg

AmericanCivicAssociation005.jpg

AmericanCivicAssociation004.jpg

PLEASE LOOK AT THE TIME WHEN THIS WAS POSTED???????????? THE POLICE WERE CALLED AT 10:33-HOW DID THE POSTER KNOW BEFORE THE POLICE WERE CALLED???????????

Guest Guest
PLEASE LOOK AT THE TIME WHEN THIS WAS POSTED???????????? THE POLICE WERE CALLED AT 10:33-HOW DID THE POSTER KNOW BEFORE THE POLICE WERE CALLED???????????

The times are always off on the BCVoice site. Nothing new.

My orignal post time was 10:34 am when the first call came over the main bpd frequency. I thought the orignal time was funky because my laptop said it was 10:34, the post said 10:44 then it changed again. The rest of my posts were comming from a wireless signal and was transmissions that were comming from 3 different BPD frequencies, the two main ones and a tac that I have, one scanner was on the tac and the other one I have was locked on the other two.

Archived