trump goes after the NFL?

kimber

^^^^^I just heard Aaron Rodgers is calling for all of the fans to link arms tonight when they play THE BEARS. I guess I'll just watch you tube videos of the 1967 Ice bowl tonight.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To think all the years the NFL was tax exempt and all us smacks paid exorbitant prices to see a game and Goodall makes how many million? We should boycott the NFL if they can't respect the Country or it Vets. They can take a knee in North Korea

It's funny, you say they can take a knee in north korea, but you're saying that our country should force people to act like NK and force "respect". I put respect in quotation marks, because I can't find it disrespectful to quietly kneel down to try to bring attention to an issue.

I have this feeling that if it were a bunch of white nfl players, kneeling down during the Obama administration, saying something like "I can't stand for the flag at this time, our country is in distress with the current administration" you all would have been cheering them on.

They aren't bringing attention to an issue, they're bringing attention to THEMSELVES. Now they're competing for who is the most politically correct, s e n s i t i v e team. Speaking of and I guess this belongs in the sports section but...Trevathan hit? It looked to me like he was leading with his shoulder but the momentum of the play shifted.

:) BTW, nice 47 minute lightening and rain storm. I took a little nap. Have a good morning everyone.

No I'm saying that they should respect the Country that gives them the right to live free and maybe they would like it better if they lived in North Korea, looks like "THEY" are the ones making it a racist issue, but then again I'm white so I must be racist..

No, you're racist for other reasons. Your skin isn't one of them.

If you want people to think you support our troops, our traditions and our country, ACT LIKE A VETERAN. That's what MILITARY ARE SUPPOSED TO DO when they are out of uniform... stand up straight, take off your hat and put your hand over your heart.

Hey, look, it's okay to fly the Confederate flag, cause yunno that's cultural heritage and free speech, I mean it's literally celebrating a flag that flew over a failed rebellion, but free speech! You special snowflakes need to accept that.

Gotta agree. Otherwise nobody should fly any flag because every nation or cause has had their bad moments.

They're focusing on symbols as opposed to devoting their energies to more productive and incremental change through our well proven system of providing a means to do so.

Being almost in Charlottesville, it's a sensitive subject here. Most everyone outside of the city thinks both sides on that one are "knuckleheads", according to Bill our good ole boy mechanuc. ;)

The best way to determine who is a fool and who is not is to let them have their say.

(Yes, I know that you were being sarcastic...if everyone had ignored the small number of neo-Nazis it would have barely rated above the latest tractor pull, let alone have made international news. That is what they wanted)

It's funny, you say they can take a knee in north korea, but you're saying that our country should force people to act like NK and force "respect". I put respect in quotation marks, because I can't find it disrespectful to quietly kneel down to try to bring attention to an issue.

I have this feeling that if it were a bunch of white nfl players, kneeling down during the Obama administration, saying something like "I can't stand for the flag at this time, our country is in distress with the current administration" you all would have been cheering them on.

LA, it's a difficult subject, and a two-edged sword.

You are correct in that a peaceful expression of protest is protected, no matter how much I dislike it. If not protected and that respect is enforced, then can the 1st Amendment.

Same goes for the Confederate Battle flag or obnoxious t-shirts.

I would like some of "the oppressed" to spend a little time in the rough with our soldiers and see how the tune changes.

The Pledge is devotion to an ideal to strive for, not a selfie of today.

Looks like the regional ratings last Sunday got a spike but the national games the ratings were down. Part Trump and part there were finally some really good games on for once.

Very curious to see what they look like this weekend.

Aaron Rodgers tried getting all the fans at Lambeau on Thursday to "lock arms" in unity during the anthem and that plan failed miserably as I watched them pan the crowd and outside a few in the front row, no one did that at all.

Wow, that's an eye opener! Can you believe those football players pulled the same stunt in London again this week?! What a bunch of PUNKS! They have the privilege of travelling to bring the sport of football to the Europeans and show off their talent and this is how they represent their league and our country? President Trump is absolutely right! Tell them to get off the field. Tell them, " YOU'RE FIRED!!!!"

Archived