What does this mean?

ginger

Very early this morning I was pumping fuel at a station on rt 12 and a guy in a grey pick up drove around me twice asking "Ya ain't stupid are ya?" Anybody know what he means? Looking for drugs, selling drugs or asking about prostitution? 

So I get back on the road, :) missed a possum and a deer, yay me! A few miles later, a grey suv was parked on the shoulder of the road facing the wrong direction. I thought the vehicle was empty. I drive past it then the headlights turn on. The car does an about face and follows me. When I saw what he was doing I threw it in sport mode and put some distance between us.

No. No markings on my car. That actually wasn't the scariest thing...one time I thought I was taking a shortcut by taking rt 10 through Canajoharie. To make a long story short...there was a pick up truck( strange reddish orange color) parked in a field. I thought it was empty. I drive by, the headlights go on...this truck and, again, another silver grey suv race by me, turn around then speed by me...they were basically playing tag taking turns doing this until I finally got to I88. The entire time I thought "I'm going to die. I'm going to die, and no one will ever find my body, my car or my phone.  AS IF, I'm in some really bad Rob Zombie movie." I try to stick to the interstates now whenever possible.

35 minutes ago, ginger said:

No. No markings on my car. That actually wasn't the scariest thing...one time I thought I was taking a shortcut by taking rt 10 through Canajoharie. To make a long story short...there was a pick up truck( strange reddish orange color) parked in a field. I thought it was empty. I drive by, the headlights go on...this truck and, again, another silver grey suv race by me, turn around then speed by me...they were basically playing tag taking turns doing this until I finally got to I88. The entire time I thought "I'm going to die. I'm going to die, and no one will ever find my body, my car or my phone.  AS IF, I'm in some really bad Rob Zombie movie." I try to stick to the interstates now whenever possible.

Well in that case you are fine. Stay the course.

1 hour ago, 27 Time World Champions said:

Ginger, listen to me carefully. You’re lucky to be alive. This is the modus operandi of a religious cult. More than likely you were going to be used as a human sacrifice. You can read more about it here:

Upstate NY Religious Cults are on the Rise

That was such an interesting video. Thanks for sharing. Those cults are scary and vicious.  Once they get their hooks in you they never give you up.

3 hours ago, 27 Time World Champions said:

Ginger, listen to me carefully. You’re lucky to be alive. This is the modus operandi of a religious cult. More than likely you were going to be used as a human sacrifice. You can read more about it here:

Upstate NY Religious Cults are on the Rise

:)OH YOU!!! I bet you drive a white foreign made car.

3 minutes ago, FormerSomeone said:

You weren't smoking or talking on a cell phone while pumping gasoline, were you?

No, lol, I wasn't doing anything to indicate stupidity and I was wearing LL Bean Navy blue Khakis with a sleeveless red ribbed knit turtle neck...Oh...that might have been it...(giggle)

Laura Ingraham on Fox is wearing a red sleeveless crew neck...my bad. :)

Speaking of clothes, want to hear a good travel story? I'll tell it anyway...there's a thrift store on the way in to Cooperstown that I had been wanting to look through all last summer but they always closed before I could get there. So one week around Christmas I finally get there early. The first thing I notice is a sign that says 50% off everything in the store. I wanted to purchase all plastic Christmas tree decorations because as expected miss itty bitty would be spending time in the tree. For $3.00 I found a bag of decorations..it was like someone took apart their designer tree and put everything in one bag...red white and silver plastic ornaments, poinsettias bows.  So that was a $1.50. My vacuum cleaner died the week prior and I found a Wind Tunnel, plugged it in tried it out. It worked better than my Dirt Devil. It was marked $20 so I got that for $10.00. AND THEN...

I eyespy this long winter coat...it's camel colored. I already have one that's similar but it's wool. I pull it off the hanger, try it on, perfect fit. I flip open the bottom flap to see the cleaning instructions...100% Camel Hair Dry Clean Only. No surprise there. I take off the coat the price tag says $25.00 so I know I'm going to pay $12.50 for a perfect condition camel hair coat then I look at the label...Brooks Brothers. :) 

https://lookastic.com/women/camel-coat/shop/brooks-brothers-camel-hair-polo-coat-4948

It's all unsettling.  There are so many weirdos out there these days, you never know if it's an isolated incident or what's going on.  It causes hyper vigilance at times, but better safe than sorry.  I'm considering getting a dash cam because of all the weird stuff that happens on the road.

1 hour ago, Responsible_Adult_Female said:

It's all unsettling.  There are so many weirdos out there these days, you never know if it's an isolated incident or what's going on.  It causes hyper vigilance at times, but better safe than sorry.  I'm considering getting a dash cam because of all the weird stuff that happens on the road.

I rear ended a car a few years ago.  I swear that the car did not have working break lights but how could I prove it.  I bought a dash cam and it makes me feel that I am protecting myself. 

I download the videos of stupid things that people do and show them to my friends.  We have a good laugh.

I recorded a video of an incident that I turned over to authorities. 

If you do happen to get in an accident that you caused, "What camera?".

10 hours ago, PeteMoss said:

Is Ginger the reincarnation of Sleepless in Hillcrest?

If i had even 1% of his talent... A true wit, wonderful writer. When I first discovered BCV I went through and read everything he ever wrote here.The self effacing nature of his humor was charming. He could tell a story in one sentence. I wish I had that gift.

4 hours ago, 19April1775 said:

Ginger, it has been 15 hours. Surely something else has happened by now.

Something did happen..I woke up but I have a long night and weekend ahead of me. I just finished eating, checking my schedule and BCV. I have to go back to sleep. I wish I had more time to continue with Mueller.

If I don't get back to the laptop, have a good weekend everyone. :)

^ (giggle) Well that's who he kind of looked like...

Seriously, the kid was only about 28yrs old so I doubt that but then again I've heard it said all women look good at 4 in the morning,,,ON A TUESDAY NIGHT! :) LOL

... 4 in the morning came without a warning..somebody should have told him the party ended at 2am.

• 2 weeks later...