HOARDING

ginger

23 hours ago, JB 2 said:

Not quite what I said.

I learned long before internet to never put serious thoughts into written form.

100% on smart living.

Your 6th account did though.

I'm going on the hunt for bath tissue in a bit...any suggestions? If not, I'll let you know later. Oh the fun things in life! lol :) THERE GOES MY CARBON FOOTPRINT!

On 3/21/2020 at 10:26 AM, JB 2 said:

FEMA folk will have a fight on their hands if they try confiscating my stash of IAMS and Pedigree. Then my four legged friend will get a treat afterward.

They can come in my house..and then someone can come pick up their bodies after.

4 hours ago, ginger said:

I'm going on the hunt for bath tissue in a bit...any suggestions? If not, I'll let you know later. Oh the fun things in life! lol :) THERE GOES MY CARBON FOOTPRINT!

You were driving all around looking for TP a week ago. You don't have enough now?

2 hours ago, thomas said:

You were driving all around looking for TP a week ago. You don't have enough now?

Sweetheart, if you haven't noticed I work all kinds of crazy hours. The stores aren't open 24/7 anymore so I have to shop when I can which was today...should I wait until I'm down to my last roll?

You want to hear the irony of it all? I'm always stocked up on bath tissue. Not only that, every year for Christmas I wrap up huge 96 roll pkgs of Charmin to which I receive exhortations, "Oh Mother!" "Oh Aunt Ginger" to which I reply  "Well we might get a snow storm and you'll be happy to have it." Then everyone giggles...everyone except the husbands who have that glint in their eye... "YES! Bath tissue!"

WHO'S HAVING THE LAST LAUGH NOW GIRLS?! LOL :) 

Here are all of the stores that don't have any...

Family Dollar and CVS on chenango st

Walgreens CVS and Weis on Robinson st

Dollar General and Family Dollar on Court st

I was able to score 8 rolls of Green Heritage Pro for $1.19 per roll at Schneiders and I was thankful to find it.

I can't imagine what the north and east siders are going through who don't have vehicles.

:) I wonder if Mr Cordisco has a reservation list. It's the one place I didn't stop. 

I also bought the last package of #4 cone coffee filters at the Family Dollar on Chenango,  40/ $1.50. All of the other stores I went to had them in stock. Schneiders wanted $2.99 for 100, I think I have some elastic in my sewing box. Just in case.

Number one Thomas, I'm not promoting hoarding. I'm helping people from making useless trips. Are you trying to say bath tissue isn't essential because you know if I get sick then have to self isolate for 14 days after I'm asymptomatic that could be over a month. Why do you suppose I was so adamant about financially helping those healthcare workers out in Washington?

Number 2, as previously stated, I shop when I can and that happens to be today. 

On 3/21/2020 at 10:40 AM, PeteMoss said:

Define hoarding.  What is the legal definition of hoarding?

There is absolutely no need for hoarding of toilet tissue. Here is the subject matter expert:......Sheryl Crow:

==========================================================================

According to Crow's new strictures, the average person should use "only one square per restroom visit, except, of course, on those pesky occasions where two to three could be required". Further details were not offered as to the precise nature of these "pesky occasions", though "we are an industrious enough people that we can make it work", she insists.

==========================================================================

So, let's do some math.

If you splurge and buy 1 'Super Mega Pack' of Charmin , there are 426 sheets per roll x 12 rolls  which gives us:

5112 'regular' bathroom visits. Assuming 1 bathroom visit per day we get 14 years.

(or) 2556 pesky '2 tissue' visits. Assuming 1 pesky '2 tissue' event per day we get 7 years.

(or) 1704 very pesky '3 tissue' visits. Assuming 1 very pesky '3 tissue' event per day we get  4.5 years.

Cuomo needs to put a stop to this, start selling this stuff $.50/sheet. Or better yet - encourage people to be kind to the environment and go 'Frisco' style.

^Better yet, maybe Mayor David could consult with John Cordisco so the people on the northside could have essential supplies. What's going to happen tomorrow when all of the people on Social Security get their checks and there is no bath tissue? 

There's CVS, Johns store and the Family Dollar over there. It's unacceptable. A voucher system like they had in the depression maybe?

I just came home from my essential shopping. Maines wanted $49.99 for a case of industrial bath tissue...so glad I have enough for a while. Talk about jacking up prices, they wanted $6.69 for a pound of bottom round roast or stew beef. I'm just not that desperate.

I got yelled at by some strange woman in the Dollar General because I was standing in line too close to her 80 yr old husband who was purchasing beer. I was wearing a mask and he cracked a joke. She yells "I guess some people don't know what the red line on the floor means!" Oops sorry!  I didn't see it because the floor is so crowded with stuff. Everyone else behind me started laughing. They have no bath tissue at all.

I don't recall the two brands I saw, one may have been labeled TYCO ...the kind you would find in the restroom of a business.

• 2 weeks later...

What is wrong with people? I made a huge pot of sauce, meatballs and sausage but I was out of cheese. Wegmans is completely out of Kraft Parmesan. And apparently all other brands except their own. 

They did have bath tissue. Again, their own brand and Royal. When was the last time anyone saw Royal bath tissue? Like the 70's?

Maines was down to their last two cases. HURRY!  lol:) 

• 3 weeks later...

I went to Maines because I only needed a few things...this is what I get for eating the last dish of chocolate pudding for breakfast this morning...there was no meat. Two pkgs of flank steak at $27.00 a pop. I drive up Front street and there is a line outside of Aldi's. It looks like they are only letting so many people in at a time AND THEY DON'T LOOK HAPPY AT ALL. I decide on Price chopper over Weis...I paid $10.00 for 1.5 lbs of ground chuck...stew beef looked good for $3.99 a pound but I passed on it. You're only allowed to buy one package a day...I need 2 to make a pot of stew and I'm not making 2 trips. Finally, the incessant drone over the loudspeaker reminding people to social distance DROVE ME OUT OF THE STORE.

There's no meat but plenty of beer, even Corona has made a comeback...what, brewery people don't get sick? I call BS...#PRICE GOUGING

Breweries are way different than meat-packing plants.  Malt, hops, water and yeast are added to vats at the right point (not a lot of workers there) and then it brews.  Bottling is automated, as is case packing. Keeping safe is much easier.

22 hours ago, ginger said:

People are still hoarding bath tissue! PSYCHOS!

Too harsh ginger, many Americans are having their blinders removed and it will scare the shit out of them.

gotta go. time to check out the Indian war in progress before Cuomo signs weed legalization.