17 Covid-19 cases in Broome, not one person was in a retail shop?

Former Democrat

The Broome Health Dept. has stated if a person confirmed to have Covid-19 was in a public place, retail shop,  etc., while they had symptoms, they would make an announcement to the public.

I find it very hard to believe with 17 confirmed cases, not a single person had been in a public place or retail store. 

Is the Health Dept. understaffed, lying or incompetent?

3 hours ago, Former Democrat said:

The Broome Health Dept. has stated if a person confirmed to have Covid-19 was in a public place, retail shop,  etc., while they had symptoms, they would make an announcement to the public.

I find it very hard to believe with 17 confirmed cases, not a single person had been in a public place or retail store. 

Assuming it IS what they stated (while symptomatic), I could see 17 cases not being symptomatic while in public. I’ve read many accounts where the person said they woke up with symptoms and felt fine before they went to bed. 

Now, to your question, understaffed and/or incompetent? Yeah, possible. Lying? I highly doubt it. I imagine to do so would be illegal, especially during a State of Emergency.

4 hours ago, Former Democrat said:

They are not lying, they are just not telling the whole truth.

10 minutes ago, PeteMoss said:

They are not lying, they are just not telling the whole truth.

They decided they aren't going to test. No test, no diagnosis, there isn't anything to report. They get to (ahem) wash their hands of any response-ability. Have you ever heard of Vicks Vapor Rub?

3 minutes ago, ginger said:

They decided they aren't going to test. No test, no diagnosis, there isn't anything to report. They get to (ahem) wash their hands of any response-ability. Have you ever heard of Vicks Vapor Rub?

I don’t get the VVR references(?). Help please 🙂

One time I had an infiltrate and the doctor called me in a prescription for Vicks and I think Robitussin. Just a virus. That wasn't the only time my diagnosis was diminished and left untreated until I saw another doctor.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pulmonary_infiltrate

post edit...can you imagine going to CVS and being handed a jar of vicks and a bottle of Robitussin? lol :) 

^ That is also why I'm rather irked at the situation with our first covid fatality Mr. P.  'lungs sound clear" ...the guy had pneumonia in BOTH lungs? Been there done that. As I said, people have stories to tell which show a pattern.

off to work..have a cozy night. :)

41 minutes ago, UE MOM2 said:

I think it's important to have a local health department, but unfortunately after this all passes, I think many won't trust our health department anymore. 

If you mean Trusting the Running of any Health System to the Governors Office in any State I agree.

Kinda funny how cnn propagandists are more often bringing up how disgraceful it is that President Trump is giving back Constitutional States Rights.

Have to edit instead of separate comment. Something I heard last night at grocers and still trying to sort out my … feelings, emotions sadness, suppressed anger,..? Whatever.

During conversation with cashier while checking out, she mentioned she has to carry with her a copy with her name on it, a document stating she is an Essential Worker in the event she is stopped for being out and about. NYS?

21 hours ago, JB 2 said:

If you mean Trusting the Running of any Health System to the Governors Office in any State I agree.

Kinda funny how cnn propagandists are more often bringing up how disgraceful it is that President Trump is giving back Constitutional States Rights.

Have to edit instead of separate comment. Something I heard last night at grocers and still trying to sort out my … feelings, emotions sadness, suppressed anger,..? Whatever.

During conversation with cashier while checking out, she mentioned she has to carry with her a copy with her name on it, a document stating she is an Essential Worker in the event she is stopped for being out and about. NYS?

Any other State? Or is NY the only one where Americans must be prepared to "... show me your papers"?

(hey, maybe that is the sort of SS Pete is Expert on?)  : )

On 4/5/2020 at 11:17 AM, JB 2 said:

Any other State? Or is NY the only one where Americans must be prepared to "... show me your papers"?

(hey, maybe that is the sort of SS Pete is Expert on?)  : )

😊 Happy Easter JB. Yes, essential workers have letters. I have one too. The funny thing is, before this,  I was getting pulled over and followed all of the time.. "YOU CROSSED OVER THE FOG LINE!"... the hell I did....now that I have a note in my glove compartment nobody bothers me at all.

On 4/4/2020 at 1:29 PM, PeteMoss said:

The BC Health Department didn't call the people the second victim was in contact with.  They sure don't have the manpower now.

They're too busy doing restaurant inspections.

18 hours ago, ginger said:

😊 Happy Easter JB. Yes, essential workers have letters. I have one too. The funny thing is, before this,  I was getting pulled over and followed all of the time.. "YOU CROSSED OVER THE FOG LINE!"... the hell I did....now that I have a note in my glove compartment nobody bothers me at all.

Listening to Rush go insane over "papers please", to put things in context, I also have a note for when there is a state of emergency ie there is a snow storm and the roads are shut down.