Halloween 2020

ginger

I don't think I'm doing it this year. Not because of the flu situation but because the financials just aren't there. I purchased 5 bags of candy...3 Reeses and 2 KitKat for $10.00 at CVS. There was so little in those bags it barely fills one bowl. I'd need to spend at least another $60.00 and that would shut me down early because the parents always have their hands out.

Maybe I'll split the difference and shut down early...I don't know.

10 minutes ago, ginger said:

I don't think I'm doing it this year. Not because of the flu situation but because the financials just aren't there. I purchased 5 bags of candy...3 Reeses and 2 KitKat for $10.00 at CVS. There was so little in those bags it barely fills one bowl. I'd need to spend at least another $60.00 and that would shut me down early because the parents always have their hands out.

Maybe I'll split the difference and shut down early...I don't know.

First time ever, I am not doing it.  What happens if a kid gets sick.  Lawsuit time.

No thanks.

I hate disappointing the children. I live by a school. I was about to go in the cellar and maybe dig out a few decorations...not all...I don't have that kind of time for skeleton lights and the plug in pumpkins...messing around with extension cords.

Of course you know I'm going to feel guilty at the last minute and do it anyway...lol :) I have to finish shampooing my staircase now!

I also think if parents are going to take their children out...the candy they collect should stay in the receptacle for a 3 day minimum. Purchase something healthy for the children in the interim. They will appreciate the treats all that much more.

Or. I suppose a parent could open the packaging, let their child take it then wash their hands. But that would take all of the fun out of it...

I don't see the issue with Trick or Treating ... if you go based on the Health Department guidelines you aren't "exposed" unless you are within 6' of a person for 10 minutes or more. So walking up to a door and having somebody give you a piece of candy is definitely not going to take 10 minutes. 

On top of that, you are walking around outside with your family who you are with everyday ... don't go in groups of friends, just your family. 

As for the candy, how many people really go to the store and immediately wipe it down after they buy it? If the houses handing out the candy wear a mask then it's really no different than going to a restaurant or store and buying food

Well I feel pretty lousy now. I was out to Gowanda NY last night... :) the pictures I took of this property with a Nightmare before Christmas theme are crazy cool. I need to try to figure out how to import them here. The gentleman who did all of the decorating just happened to be outdoors when I rolled up. 

:) There is actually a lot more but I was starting to feel a tad creeped out standing there snapping photos in the middle of the night with a stranger. He was very nice but when he said "Oh the best photo is from this angle, you have to come stand on the sidewalk..." lol I was having visions of Vincent Price and actually becoming part of the scenery ala Madam Toussaud's House of Wax.