Who will be first for vaccine

thomas

An advisory committee meeting at the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention voted Tuesday to recommend health care staff and long-term care facility residents get the first doses of the COVID-19 vaccine.

A CDC presentation released at the meeting showed that the agency expects around 40 million COVID-19 vaccine doses will be available by the end of December, with shipments of 5 million to 10 million doses being made per week once a vaccine is authorized by regulators.

https://www.newsmax.com/

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any idea where the actual product is being produced? I saw Senator O'Mara post Corning is busy producing vials. The vaccine needs to be kept at a high cold temp which required a new special glass.

https://www.fool.com/investing/2020/11/24/the-vaccines-are-almost-ready-but-the-challenges-a/

1 hour ago, ginger said:

Any idea where the actual product is being produced? I saw Senator O'Mara post Corning is busy producing vials. The vaccine needs to be kept at a high cold temp which required a new special glass.

https://www.fool.com/investing/2020/11/24/the-vaccines-are-almost-ready-but-the-challenges-a/

Read the most recent post in your Corona Virus thread. Pfizer comes from Europe. Don't know where Moderna is from. Don't think Moderna requires as low of storage temp as Pfizer.

I just found out today that I will be among the first in the county to get the vaccine before the end of the year.  I work in a nursing home.  I am not looking forward to this.  They come right out and tell you it hurts and there are side effects.  And we have to get two shots.  They go in deep, like a tetanus shot too.

27 minutes ago, Responsible_Adult_Female said:

I just found out today that I will be among the first in the county to get the vaccine before the end of the year.  I work in a nursing home.  I am not looking forward to this.  They come right out and tell you it hurts and there are side effects.  And we have to get two shots.  They go in deep, like a tetanus shot too.

We're looking forward to your review.

1 hour ago, Responsible_Adult_Female said:

If something unfortunate happens to you, we will never know.

Regarding the Pfizer vaccine against Covid-19 - apparently it could sterilize a majority of recipients. Dr. Yeadon and Dr. Wodarg call for stopping all Covid vaccination studies until this concern is addressed.

Head of Pfizer Research: Covid Vaccine is Female Sterilization

There has been a death rate of ~7% (1/15) for high risk populations from the high dose cohord in the Phase II Moderna vaccine trial. That is higher than the death rate from the virus.

Philadelphia Priest Dies After Participating In Moderna COVID Vaccine Trial

80% of all participants developed systemic side effects after the 2nd does in Moderna's phase I and II trials.

An mRNA Vaccine against SARS-CoV-2 — Preliminary Report

These are extremely concerning results that would typically shut down a trial completely or result in a lengthy delay and reevaluation of the trail.

1 hour ago, Nancy said:

NYS to mandate a Covid-19 vaccine for all of us.   What exactly would happen to us if we refuse to get this vaccine?  

https://www.nysenate.gov/legislation/bills/2019/A11179?fbclid=IwAR0rOc2wVUkRN2k-5yXQ7BnIczw9c9-qm0mHqmfhhRj4JByuNvryNayteWM

Truly Terrifying! It won’t end there:

“Your mask protects me”

“Your health passport protects me”

"Your location tracker protects me"

“Your mobile health monitor protects me”

20 hours ago, Nancy said:

NYS to mandate a Covid-19 vaccine for all of us.   What exactly would happen to us if we refuse to get this vaccine?  

https://www.nysenate.gov/legislation/bills/2019/A11179?fbclid=IwAR0rOc2wVUkRN2k-5yXQ7BnIczw9c9-qm0mHqmfhhRj4JByuNvryNayteWM

Thanks for the link. I voted Nay for all of the same reasons our neighbors commented. Governor Cuomo, Howard Zucker and the department of health continue to prove their incompetence. Blatant disregard for life, ageism...disregard for heathcare employees and ancillary staff. They have no business mandating anything. None of the people making decisions have worked in the private sector...they have a paycheck, they never want for anything. This  administration continues to disregard the financial well being of New Yorkers, as if, the people of the state of New York who have worked their entire lives for what they have should just walk away from their homes and businesses and go live in a 3 room cement box with a shared laundry and beg for food.

Governor Cuomo continues to put a lot of people in the poor house. If Howard Zucker did his job it wouldn't be this way. THINGS DID NOT HAVE TO BE THIS WAY. THE INCOMPETENCE IS APPALLING.

For an entire year you had the opportunity to pass Safe Staffing legislation. The safety of others has not proven to be your priority. Thus, I have no reason to suspect mandated vaccines has anything to do with the well being of anybody. 

NO CONFIDENCE.

ADDENDUM...as we speak I have nurses bawling because their nursing homes are rampant with the coronavirus, again after working so hard all year...but Governor Cuomo continues to pretend he's the hero. 

Why are covid 19 patients still allowed in nursing homes, knowing the safety of everyone else is being compromised? You have separate units...Sure, that's been effective...I was at a home last weekend, (not here) the entire building is infected. Once again, things don't have to be this way but for the greed, gotta keep the nursing home owners flush while people are dying...and you treat your staff like slaves...here's a pizza and sweatshirt...Merry Christmas.

1 hour ago, ginger said:

ADDENDUM...as we speak I have nurses bawling because their nursing homes are rampant with the coronavirus, again after working so hard all year...but Governor Cuomo continues to pretend he's the hero. 

Why are covid 19 patients still allowed in nursing homes, knowing the safety of everyone else is being compromised? You have separate units...Sure, that's been effective...I was at a home last weekend, (not here) the entire building is infected. Once again, things don't have to be this way but for the greed, gotta keep the nursing home owners flush while people are dying...and you treat your staff like slaves...here's a pizza and sweatshirt...Merry Christmas.

Nailed it 

38 minutes ago, 27 Time World Champions said:

Nailed it 

You know 27 I complained to AG James that every time a CNA or Nurse has to work short it's THEFT OF SERVICES. We pay good money to have seniors cared for and the only people who profit from short staffing are nursing home owners. They are stealing from seniors the optimal care and services we/they pay for and stealing from nursing staff their health... wear and tear..just to start, with no compensation. She'll never do anything about it. If any politician ever decided to run for governor and had a plan to fix these inequities it would probably be a landslide. 

2 minutes ago, ginger said:

You know 27 I complained to AG James that every time a CNA or Nurse has to work short it's THEFT OF SERVICES. We pay good money to have seniors cared for and the only people who profit from short staffing are nursing home owners. They are stealing from seniors the optimal care and services we/they pay for and stealing from nursing staff their health... wear and tear..just to start, with no compensation. She'll never do anything about it. If any politician ever decided to run for governor promising to fix these inequities it would probably be a landslide. 

So true, Ginger. The game is rigged. 

11 hours ago, Nancy said:

What about the "My Body, My Choice" folks?  

Valid point of course, but the big problem is a large portion of the population are idiots lacking brain-power, compassion for others, common sense and the need to realize much of this is to protect fellow humans. 
It sadly is a price we all pay for the freedoms many take for granted and the country will pay very dearly for it in the coming winter months. It angers me.

Britain’s Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) said, “Any person with a history of a significant allergic reaction to a vaccine, medicine or food (such as previous history of anaphylactoid reaction or those who have been advised to carry an adrenaline autoinjector) should not receive the Pfizer BioNtech vaccine,”

https://www.oann.com/uk-warns-people-with-serious-allergies-to-avoid-pfizer-vaccine/