Alcoholism on the West side of Binghamton

Staten Island Jerry

• 11 months later...

A reminder that the horrible Porch Fest is Sunday on the west side of Binghamton.  My wife and I are taking a day trip so we don't have to be around for the mayhem.  Every year there are hundreds of people so drunk they don't even know where they are, dancing and singing and falling over.  Last year I saw a middle aged woman pooping right in the middle of a neighbor's lawn.

On 8/21/2021 at 4:14 PM, YankeeDoodle said:

A few years ago I had an "interview" for a consulting opportunity with an entrepreneur in Syracuse.

He asked me what people do for entertainment and outside activities in the Binghamton area.

I told him there were three things they do:

"Drink, drink and drink."

He looked at me disgusted. I guess, not living here, he didn't realize how bad things could be.

So much for honesty. He should have realized there was a reason I was looking for opportunities with people outside of Broome County.

It's a lot like Animal House here.

But without the charming and lovable characters.

BTW, isn't the West Side the home or origin of most of the "Catholic Central Mafia?"

Be prepared for the 50th Class Reunion  get together this September starting at the Old Pine Lounge. The planners of this little b

4 hours ago, John Hope said:

A reminder that the horrible Porch Fest is Sunday on the west side of Binghamton.  My wife and I are taking a day trip so we don't have to be around for the mayhem.  Every year there are hundreds of people so drunk they don't even know where they are, dancing and singing and falling over.  Last year I saw a middle aged woman pooping right in the middle of a neighbor's lawn.

Did she bring a bag to clean it up?

Abel's Pub is a filthy drug bar.  Everyone acts like it's a jewel on the West side, but it's worse than the Pine Lounge ever was.  Just a week ago someone overdosed on the back patio.  But everything that happens at Abels is covered up, because all of Korchak's staff drinks there, because the owners won the election for Korchak.

45 minutes ago, bballcoach said:

I think Porch Fest is a nice idea, it just doesn't work on the West Side.  Try it in Endwell or Chenango Valley, some part of Broome County that doesn't have such a high ratio of alcohol abusers.  I've seen it in years past, there will be people passed out by 5:00 pm today.

I’m still waiting to find out if the lady who pooped in the middle of her neighbor’s yard picked up after herself. 

2 hours ago, Sooners said:

The porch fest posted on Facebook asking attendees not to drive drunk.  And one west sider lashed out, saying the porch fest organizers have a stick up their asses.  And the request is all about control and maintaining power.  These people are absolutely nuts.

Someone should make a post that begs people not to poop in other people’s yards. And if they need to relieve themselves, have the decency to bring a poop bag and toilet paper to clean up after themselves.

A bartender at one of the "fine local west side establishments" mentioned in this thread recently overdosed.  It's very sad what these places have become.  The west side is nothing compared to what it was.  Alcohol and drugs everywhere and it's the most dangerous part of Binghamton.  Sell your house and get out while you still can. 

14 hours ago, Buford T. Justice said:

A bartender at one of the "fine local west side establishments" mentioned in this thread recently overdosed.  It's very sad what these places have become.  The west side is nothing compared to what it was.  Alcohol and drugs everywhere and it's the most dangerous part of Binghamton.  Sell your house and get out while you still can. 

You must not venture out too far from Texarkana.

• 11 months later...

I'm very worried about the Porch Festival this Sunday.  My wife and I left for a day trip in Pennsylvania last year, and we are doing the same agin.  The drunken people on the west side are out of control.  Unless you want to be a prisoner in your own home, I recommend other west siders leave too.  I don't want to be flashed by a 60 year old 300 pound woman, or see people peeing and pooping in yards again. 

2 hours ago, John Hope said:

I'm very worried about the Porch Festival this Sunday.  My wife and I left for a day trip in Pennsylvania last year, and we are doing the same agin.  The drunken people on the west side are out of control.  Unless you want to be a prisoner in your own home, I recommend other west siders leave too.  I don't want to be flashed by a 60 year old 300 pound woman, or see people peeing and pooping in yards again. 

Leave poop bags out this year as a preventative measure.

Wow… we must have been at very different events.  I saw tons of local talent organized to provide a free day of entertainment on a beautiful day.   I saw families out enjoying a day together and friends having a means for reconnecting.  And man did I see some great music.  Sometimes I think people could be given a million dollars and they would bitch cuz it’s all in 20s.

14 hours ago, Jacksonx3 said:

Wow… we must have been at very different events.  I saw tons of local talent organized to provide a free day of entertainment on a beautiful day.   I saw families out enjoying a day together and friends having a means for reconnecting.  And man did I see some great music.  Sometimes I think people could be given a million dollars and they would bitch cuz it’s all in 20s.

You must not be from Endwell.