Lupos on State Street Closing

ginger

• ginger changed the title to Lupos on State Street Closing

I don't understand what Sam Lupo is planning with the business.  About 10 years ago, a friend of mine from Canada approached him and wanted to partner with him to start selling it in Vernon, British Columbia.  He would have paid a lot of money to Sam to do this.  Sam flat out refused.

Is the distribution building in west Endicott still open (across from Kristofors)?  I never see any cars there.

18 hours ago, 2pelo Honey said:

Pizza place in Bing Plaza?

Cortese?

Front St is very close?

Heard the Arepas place near the Viaduct is good…then you’re a minute from LV? Or Remlik’s?

They should have taken my advice years ago and tore everything down. It would have been the perfect spot for an NFL football stadium.

Now look what Kathy Hochul is doing in Buffalo.

We should find a way to do it anyway and bring the Jets or Giants up here. If you build it they will come. Someone will.

lD1x4dm.jpg

Currys of India at 45 Court Street on Friday was serving its final weekday takeout lunches with only a few items available. Signs in the windows of Currys of India on Friday indicated everything in the restaurant was for sale, including equipment and items of art that lined its walls.
The three-story Court Street building where the business is located is owned by former Binghamton Mayor Richard David.

Read More: Another Long-Time Binghamton Restaurant Suddenly Shutting Down | https://wnbf.com/another-binghamton-restaurant-shutting-down/?utm_source=tsmclip&utm_medium=referral

On 1/18/2023 at 12:05 PM, ginger said:

They should have taken my advice years ago and tore everything down. It would have been the perfect spot for an NFL football stadium.

Now look what Kathy Hochul is doing in Buffalo.

We should find a way to do it anyway and bring the Jets or Giants up here. If you build it they will come. Someone will.

Post devastating hit to Buffalo today...if you were listening half way through the game they were heading for the exits...yes, I know it was snowing.

I just tweeted Kathy Hochul we need an NFL stadium in Binghamton. She just gave a $41 million dollar airport upgrade. For What? We have a better location and all the room in the world on the Northside.

We need this. We need something.

6 minutes ago, thomas said:

Lol, keys words here...."grown in some type of substrate"

Conspiracy theories aside...going  back to covid 19 vaccines..people reporting a metallic taste. Some people insisting they are magnetized which of course is silly. But here is food for thought if you will,

How many of you are allergic to metal? I'm not but my daughter can't wear any jewelry that isn't gold. We know Japan had a contamination problem with their vaccines. Metal shavings.

Process and non processed contamination will be a problem. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Is it just me or have we started loosing a bunch of restaurants & businesses a lot faster than usual around here? Aside S&S and the long time Indian restaurant in Binghamton, in Endicott we suddenly lost 1 of the McDs and the bakery in little Italy stopped selling retail. All announced within a few weeks of each other. Hope that's not a trend.

BTW - happen to drive by the old En-Joie golf course the other day. Across the street is a dilapidated/boarded up hotel and a restaurant. What a welcoming sight for people going to the Dicks Open. An absolute embarrassment.

12 hours ago, Kaz said:

Is it just me or have we started loosing a bunch of restaurants & businesses a lot faster than usual around here? Aside S&S and the long time Indian restaurant in Binghamton, in Endicott we suddenly lost 1 of the McDs and the bakery in little Italy stopped selling retail. All announced within a few weeks of each other. Hope that's not a trend.

BTW - happen to drive by the old En-Joie golf course the other day. Across the street is a dilapidated/boarded up hotel and a restaurant. What a welcoming sight for people going to the Dicks Open. An absolute embarrassment.

Acropolis in Endicott had a sign on their front door over the weekend that they would be closing. 

On 1/18/2023 at 7:34 AM, Responsible_Adult_Female said:

I don't understand what Sam Lupo is planning with the business.  About 10 years ago, a friend of mine from Canada approached him and wanted to partner with him to start selling it in Vernon, British Columbia.  He would have paid a lot of money to Sam to do this.  Sam flat out refused.

Is the distribution building in west Endicott still open (across from Kristofors)?  I never see any cars there.

They purchased the Kalurah Shrine building on Dickson Street and moved their processing there.

On 1/29/2023 at 6:07 PM, Kaz said:

Yes.  My speculation is there must have been some COVID relief funding that ended in December.  Just a guess though.

On 1/22/2023 at 9:06 PM, WolfMan said:

And even IF we had a billionaire willing to build the stadium and develop the immediate area, THE number one requirement we will never ever meet is the number of hotel rooms. The requirement is much, much more than you might imagine. 

Lol WolfMan...Every time I post on some politicians twitter... WHERE'S MY NFL STADIUM? #Binghamton

People like my tweet! 🙂

There's plenty of room on the northside!