Where to get a good steak and cheese sub?

snowman60

2 hours ago, SouthSider09 said:

Spiedie & Rib Pit Vestal Parkway

NY Chill & Grill (used to be the cart outside of Lowes in Vestal)

The Deacon's Bench

That was called Dominick's before, and when those guys owned it, the steak sammies were the best! 

Then in the mid-00's, they sold it to a young Indian girl, who looked like she had never seen a grill before, and served me italian sausage that was reheated from the day before...stale, tough, and about $8 for nothing big. 

If the above has anything to do w/ her, I wouldn't go near it. 

I like NY Chefs. The price is reasonable for a 12 inch. In fact, 2- 12 inch and an order of really good battered onion rings comes to less than $25.00.

Soooo...anyone want to apprise me of the status of the owner of NY Chefs? Don't tell me you don't know because I was at a party Saturday and people were talking. I'd like to send  at least, a mass card for healing?

On 7/25/2023 at 5:58 AM, ginger said:

Soooo...anyone want to apprise me of the status of the owner of NY Chefs? Don't tell me you don't know because I was at a party Saturday and people were talking. I'd like to send  at least, a mass card for healing?

Why do you think someone's private medical information is your business?

12 hours ago, Michael said:

I'm sure there are plenty of Northsiders who would like to reach out in support. Christ, we've been eating his food for decades. He's one of the few businesses that stayed when everyone else abandoned us for Johnson City or Vestal.

1 hour ago, 2pelo Honey said:

I know nothing about it.

BTW, just found this on FB - for Guiseppes in CB. Pic looks good. 

Philly Cheesesteak Special🚨
THE BOSS left town so we’ve lowered the price of the BEST Cheesesteaks in Binghamton!! For a limited time…Philly Cheesesteaks are a dollar an inch 😲
$6- 6” & $12- 12”

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/27/2023 at 6:15 PM, Michael said:

So I spoke with an employee yesterday and I'm told he's coming along but he'll have a scar for the rest of his life.

For those of you who aren't aware, someone the owner knows, came into the restaurant and slit his throat.. thus my concern.

It seems like we're having a bad time with area restaurants...The owner of Phil's Chicken house passed away, the owner of Red's Kettle is sick and this.

Here's to hoping for a better half of 2023! 

• 2 weeks later...